San Diego Area - Page 2307 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 10-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #34591
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'm running (gasp) stock pump, no cooler. works fine and never overheats, ever. Not even after a hard day in the desert. My only complaint is that it's slow to turn at idle due to the volume of fluid and I'm "fighting the ram", but it's not that bad really. I've been hung up before and have yet to break anything. Running the craptastic new version of the Currie setup that likes to rip off your sway bar links..

That being said, I will be upgrading my pump at some point lol

Unread 10-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #34592
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfcrunch View Post
Always been a fan of the Cummins. Sad that they are gonna be in the new Nissans
Why? Nissan makes a good truck
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #34593
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post

They have just never given anything to shout about. The 5.6 was mediocre and it didn't really pop for me.
wtfcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #34594
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I loved driving my uncles Frontier when the Jeep was on Jackstands.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #34595
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo

It's not American.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #34596
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It's not American.
neither are fords or dodges anymore.

toyotas are the most american truck these days.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #34597
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

what exactly is American? That ended in the mid 70's. Sadly American isn't necessarily quality. Buying American is just patriotism and an attempt at job security. Dont get me wrong, if two products side by side are equal in every aspect, I'll buy American. If not, I'll buy the better product.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #34598
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Found a HUGE crack in the exhaust manifold. The cold air infiltration must have warped the exhaust valve. Anyone had any experience with 4 banger headers?
Update on the cylinder head. It does HOT have any burnt valves. It is warped and full of cracks! Obviously way over heated. Trying to find one locally that isn't cracked, not easy. Soon as I do, it goes back together with a nice, new Pacesetter header. Keep your collective fingers crossed.
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #34599
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Toyota and Nissan manufacture their trucks in America, using primarily American made parts, assembled entirely by Americans. The Tacoma is basically only sold here. Very little profit goes overseas (maybe 1% or less), since they have to pa for manufacturing costs as well as dealership and manufacturer plant costs. If most of the profits go overseas, how do I, as well as some 100,000 other Toyota Motors North America employees get paid?
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #34600
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Update on the cylinder head. It does HOT have any burnt valves. It is warped and full of cracks! Obviously way over heated. Trying to find one locally that isn't cracked, not easy. Soon as I do, it goes back together with a nice, new Pacesetter header. Keep your collective fingers crossed.
Will do.

Speaking of which, I have a pile of parts to go on the Jeep, and no time to do it. Holiday season is right around the corner. :/
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #34601
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
Will do.

Speaking of which, I have a pile of parts to go on the Jeep, and no time to do it. Holiday season is right around the corner. :/
...and I need to earn some money....hmm:
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #34602
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfcrunch View Post
They have just never given anything to shout about. The 5.6 was mediocre and it didn't really pop for me.
i wouldnt buy one for towing a large trailer around or anything, but they make a perfectly fine, reliable vehicle. you can get a million miles out of the VG block, not to mention forged internals and a girdled crank from the factory. the single cam is good for 450hp/tq on the bottom end with zero modifications, just valve, fuel and intake work. and hell, they don't even use that anymore since the VQ came out. The KA is another prime example of a bulletproof motor.

FYI - small bit of trivia, but Ford and nissan share parts. Ford used to use the VG30 in their minivans.

oh yea, the GTR hold a top speed around the nurburgring in 10th position at 7:19.10, following a Radical SR3 Turbo by only a second....which is hardly a "production" car. that's faster then the ZR1. just saying.
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #34603
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It's not American.
'MURICA!

Unread 10-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #34604
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post

i wouldnt buy one for towing a large trailer around or anything, but they make a perfectly fine, reliable vehicle. you can get a million miles out of the VG block, not to mention forged internals and a girdled crank from the factory. the single cam is good for 450hp/tq on the bottom end with zero modifications, just valve, fuel and intake work. and hell, they don't even use that anymore since the VQ came out. The KA is another prime example of a bulletproof motor.

FYI - small bit of trivia, but Ford and nissan share parts. Ford used to use the VG30 in their minivans.

oh yea, the GTR hold a top speed around the nurburgring in 10th position at 7:19.10, following a Radical SR3 Turbo by only a second....which is hardly a "production" car. that's faster then the ZR1. just saying.
Jeep used ford parts too. The 4.2 computer is ford as well as some emissions parts.
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #34605
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The greatest thing that America has ever produced is debt. We make ALOT of it.

On a side note instead of eating it because I'm starving I decided to butcher a couple of food items in the name sake of a holiday made up to stimulate a sickened economy. The teeth on the one in the back turned out really cool. At least I think it did
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.