San Diego Area - Page 2303 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 10-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #34531
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
That sux

Any clue on the problem? Aside from a valve stuck open I can't think of anything else that could be wrong with the head. Either that or a really badly blown gasket.
Found a HUGE crack in the exhaust manifold. The cold air infiltration must have warped the exhaust valve. Anyone had any experience with 4 banger headers?

Unread 10-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #34532
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I saw a minor traffic accident beside me while on my way home today. The dude that caused it was such a dork that I couldn't let him think he was getting away with anything.

The knucklehead was stopped at a busy intersection traffic light. He must have had his Expedition SUV in neutral and let off the brake because it started to roll backwards. The guy behind him was ~15-20' away. As I noticed his Expedition rolling backwards ~10' I started to toot my horn. The guy behind him started to lay on his horn too.

Well, the idiot didn't attempt to stop his Expedition and it continued to roll backwards and slammed into the front of a full sized van.

The dork in the Expedition quickly jumped out of his SUV and started to immediately get in the face of the other driver and shouted; "why did you slam into me?" "this is all your fault".

I had my window rolled down and shouted out LOUDLY, "dude, you're a complete idiot! You are totally at fault, your POS SUV rolled backwards and we both tried to warn you by honking our horns" "You are an f&$*@$ dumb arse".

The bozo looked at me with amazement as his jaw dropped. The other guy said "thanks, I've got this handled"

I drove off. Some people.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #34533
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Dumb **** was probably to busy screwing around on his cell phone.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #34534
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I went through a phase a few years ago where no beer was hoppy enough for me but since then have done a 180 and don't care for that style anymore. My timing is pretty bad because all the craft beer places are pretty well stocked with heavy IPAs right now.

I watched an episode of Anthony Bourdain on the travel channel the other day where he was in Atlanta.

Says the Clermont Lounge is the place to go for good old fashion sketchy fun.

789 Ponce De Leon Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30306

http://www.clermontlounge.net/Clermont_Lounge/Home.html
Here's the info for "The Brick". BTW, this is the place that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger got accused of rape.

The Brick Store & Pub
125 East Court Square
Decatur, GA 30030
(404) 687-0990
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #34535
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
I saw a minor traffic accident beside me while on my way home today. The dude that caused it was such a dork that I couldn't let him think he was getting away with anything.

The knucklehead was stopped at a busy intersection traffic light. He must have had his Expedition SUV in neutral and let off the brake because it started to roll backwards. The guy behind him was ~15-20' away. As I noticed his Expedition rolling backwards ~10' I started to toot my horn. The guy behind him started to lay on his horn too.

Well, the idiot didn't attempt to stop his Expedition and it continued to roll backwards and slammed into the front of a full sized van.

The dork in the Expedition quickly jumped out of his SUV and started to immediately get in the face of the other driver and shouted; "why did you slam into me?" "this is all your fault".

I had my window rolled down and shouted out LOUDLY, "dude, you're a complete idiot! You are totally at fault, your POS SUV rolled backwards and we both tried to warn you by honking our horns" "You are an f&$*@$ dumb arse".

The bozo looked at me with amazement as his jaw dropped. The other guy said "thanks, I've got this handled"

I drove off. Some people.
Probably updating his Facebook status...
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #34536
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Does anybody on here know a good honest place that installs radiators? one of the gals at work has an older miata with a blown out radiator. i normally would help out but i honestly don't have enough time in teh day. i have personally never been to a mechanic but once when i was 19 and needed machine work done so i dont have the slightest clue on where to go.

On that note, where was that alignment shop in lemon grove that everyone was talking about not to long ago? Need to bring in the wifes car (G8) for an alignment... i dont mind doing the jeep since everything is more or less right there, but i really hate crawling under her car.
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #34537
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's the plan. The swap meet starts about 8 and there's no reason to be there more than 20 minutes.
Sounds like a great plan....
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #34538
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Does anybody on here know a good honest place that installs radiators? one of the gals at work has an older miata with a blown out radiator. i normally would help out but i honestly don't have enough time in teh day. i have personally never been to a mechanic but once when i was 19 and needed machine work done so i dont have the slightest clue on where to go.

On that note, where was that alignment shop in lemon grove that everyone was talking about not to long ago? Need to bring in the wifes car (G8) for an alignment... i dont mind doing the jeep since everything is more or less right there, but i really hate crawling under her car.
Jason, I can do the radiator And I know a good alignment shop. Call me Sat PM
Unread 10-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #34539
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

For those peeps that love those Jeeps with the funny headlights, seems like those Jeeps get tired at night and fall over to go to sleep

mike shindig5 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr
Unread 10-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #34540
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hahahahaha!!!! That's awesome!!!! Night night.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #34541
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Good times at ODF.

Jeff will have to explain this one...
odf-2013.jpg  
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #34542
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLING 98 View Post
Good times at ODF.

Jeff will have to explain this one...
Atleast it didn't roll over and fall a sleep. Looks like either an axle shaft or a ring gear
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #34543
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
so Ocotillo wells was interesting. Mr Crawling 98, Jbolty and myself did an over night camping trip for the Veterans run/Raffle and a little carnage ensued. just wait... the gift is about to be opened......

You should see the pinion shaft.
Moved from another thread.
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #34544
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yeah, sorry Jimmy. I was on that "user-friendly" phone app and I guess it dropped to the wrong thread. Not to mention I'm about 4 beers in.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #34545
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I knew there was trouble when I could turn the driveshaft a full turn with the wheels on the ground and the locker on.

Not sure what happened but it was making noise before I even got to the trail. Must have done something out at CC last trip.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.