San Diego Area - Page 2300 - JeepForum.com
 26Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #34486 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 05:43 PM
smcalpac
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Temecula Area
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0ungGunZJ View Post
yeah the bigger tube would just give it a beefier look. for that mall crawler look.

its alright, it was worth it costco has some pretty awesome ice cream.

its what i get for running the bumper into a rock several times trying to drag it up. i'll get some new brackets and bend everything back and make it stronger when the winch goes on.

oh Sam what are you planning on doing for a radiator skid?
For the radiator skid I'll probably take some flat plate, throw some dimple holes in it and tab it off the bumper to the radiator cross member.


I'm here because
my little girl
doesn't need her dad
on two wheels anymore!
.
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34487 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Y0ungGunZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san diego
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
For the radiator skid I'll probably take some flat plate, throw some dimple holes in it and tab it off the bumper to the radiator cross member.
i'm thinking of using some of the holes from the factory skid that goes there. so go off the bumper mounts and then some all thread up to the rear skid holes?

maybe do a rad skid fab day haha.

_______._____. << ----Mine------____.____.
//_|__l__,\____\,___------Dads>> /l __,[____],_
l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline  
post #34488 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 06:44 PM
WJDesertRacer
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poway
Posts: 495
Does anyone have a 5x5.5 15 wheel they want to get rid of?

In other news past a jeep on the side of the freeway 100% coated in mud. Three guys looking under hood with puzzled looks. 😄😄

<a href=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706>IFS WJ dual sport</a>
WJDesertRacer is offline  
post #34489 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 06:55 PM
premo
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Blacksburg
Posts: 4,894
Thanks guys! She's an amazing women and I feel blessed to have her in my life.

Kevin: we're having a postponed honeymoon in Peru. We're both pretty into hiking and climbing and can't think of a better place to do both :-). And I whole heartily agree with that thirst thing lol

They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline  
post #34490 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Xpress
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Great Big Box
Posts: 5,927
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
XPRESS, does that mean you're gonna keep and BUILD that ZJ?
**** no

I may buy another ZJ in the future and play with it after the YJ..

All about that unibody life.
Xpress is offline  
post #34491 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Y0ungGunZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san diego
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
**** no

I may buy another ZJ in the future and play with it after the YJ..
you mean jump it again?

_______._____. << ----Mine------____.____.
//_|__l__,\____\,___------Dads>> /l __,[____],_
l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline  
post #34492 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Rrw600
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Thanks guys! She's an amazing women and I feel blessed to have her in my life.

Kevin: we're having a postponed honeymoon in Peru. We're both pretty into hiking and climbing and can't think of a better place to do both :-). And I whole heartily agree with that thirst thing lol
Premo - I grew up in Bolivia, have been to Cusco and Machu Pichu. There's a nice place in Cusco to stay that's economical, nice, and helps support orphans there. PM me if you want some info.
Rrw600 is offline  
post #34493 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 10:22 PM
joeyk803c
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 1,376
Pretty much, but like even higher than before.
joeyk803c is offline  
post #34494 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 PM
smcalpac
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Temecula Area
Posts: 776
James, if it was my shop (where I do the fabbing as opposed to my shop where I weld) I'd say come on up! As it is I fab at my friends house. He's got the bender and torch.... a brake, and other items as well. I just weld, notch and do other minor stiff at my house.

Xpress, is my ZJ turning you to the Grand Cherocar!?

600, congrats on the wedding. As a former orphan I appreciate the help wherever it happens!

I'm here because
my little girl
doesn't need her dad
on two wheels anymore!
.
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline  
post #34495 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Y0ungGunZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san diego
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
James, if it was my shop (where I do the fabbing as opposed to my shop where I weld) I'd say come on up! As it is I fab at my friends house. He's got the bender and torch.... a brake, and other items as well. I just weld, notch and do other minor stiff at my house.
Oh ok, I think you could make something simple and easy enough with just a welder and angle ginder. Unless you wanna do the dimple die.

_______._____. << ----Mine------____.____.
//_|__l__,\____\,___------Dads>> /l __,[____],_
l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline  
post #34496 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 10:48 PM
smcalpac
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Temecula Area
Posts: 776
Oh I definitely want the dimples! That or slots to match my bumper... Come to think of it, I may just tie into/extend my bumper directly and extend the slots down further!

Of course I still need to get my sliders made and installed... then there's the roof rack to make. Plus the rear bumper and gas tank skid. Plus I want to get some under body armor on.

Oh, and there's always the rotors, pads and front cv axles on my shelf to install. Got to do a major tune up, plugs wires, fuel filter and major fluid change, tranny filter....

All this while I am expecting my 3rd to be born before the end of November if not earlier... the wife has been on bed rest for the last 6 weeks with very early contractions. Children, the ultimate sexually transmitted disease! Gotta love em! Wouldn't trade mine for anything.

I'm here because
my little girl
doesn't need her dad
on two wheels anymore!
.
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline  
post #34497 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Xpress
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Great Big Box
Posts: 5,927
Garage
No way man, I gotta get something to lug the YJ though

I think I need to start looking for a welder. Figured I could find a good used one on the CL, what do you guys suggest?? I'm kinda leaning towards a Lincoln model...

All about that unibody life.
Xpress is offline  
post #34498 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 11:16 PM
Y0ungGunZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san diego
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
Oh I definitely want the dimples! That or slots to match my bumper... Come to think of it, I may just tie into/extend my bumper directly and extend the slots down further!

Of course I still need to get my sliders made and installed... then there's the roof rack to make. Plus the rear bumper and gas tank skid. Plus I want to get some under body armor on.

Oh, and there's always the rotors, pads and front cv axles on my shelf to install. Got to do a major tune up, plugs wires, fuel filter and major fluid change, tranny filter....

All this while I am expecting my 3rd to be born before the end of November if not earlier... the wife has been on bed rest for the last 6 weeks with very early contractions. Children, the ultimate sexually transmitted disease! Gotta love em! Wouldn't trade mine for anything.
The list usually gets longer faster then it gets shorter. Why not get a gas tank skid off a zj in the junkyard. I will tell you now that I tag my hitch and bumper before I hit the gas tank skid.

_______._____. << ----Mine------____.____.
//_|__l__,\____\,___------Dads>> /l __,[____],_
l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline  
post #34499 of 40302 Old 10-14-2013, 11:20 PM
smcalpac
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Temecula Area
Posts: 776
I've got a hitch on there, I just want something more stout. When I do the rear bumper I'm gonna need to get a big sheet of steel anyway so I might as well do the gas tank skid while I'm there...

I'm here because
my little girl
doesn't need her dad
on two wheels anymore!
.
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline  
post #34500 of 40302 Old 10-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Y0ungGunZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san diego
Posts: 487
Yeah it just seems easier to just get something that's already done. You could always add to it once you get one.

_______._____. << ----Mine------____.____.
//_|__l__,\____\,___------Dads>> /l __,[____],_
l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
San Diego Meet and Greet, Jan 2nd 11AM Fiesta Island Jeebs SanDiego 243 12-28-2012 06:30 PM
Monster Jam San Diego (January 23rd) Delta347 SanDiego 7 01-09-2010 09:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome