San Diego Area - Page 2295 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 10-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #34411
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Gents, thoughts/prayers/etc. tonight, had to leave my ZJ out in the hills because of the weather. Went out earlier and was just fine, nice and tacky out, hour later the rain started to come down HARD and flooded most of the trails. Couldn't make it back out with the 2wd, had to leave the beast out there.

Really hoping/praying nobody messes with it and that it's all safe, I honestly can't afford to put much more into it to fix it right now, and I need it for the winter months. It's all locked up tight, really hoping nobody messes with it

I have a set of 31's on 5x4.5 wheels that I'm going to bring out tomorrow and stick on the rear and try to make it out, should be able to deflate them more than the 29's on it, and they have more tread.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #34412
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I hope you get it taken care of.

know anybody with a 4x4 of some sort that can come yank you out.... wait...

If I wasn't screwed at work the next 4 days I would come get it.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #34413
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'll pray for the ZJ. Hopefully the tires will work to get it out. If I had off I'd lend a hand as well.
wtfcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #34414
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Gents, thoughts/prayers/etc. tonight, had to leave my ZJ out in the hills because of the weather. Went out earlier and was just fine, nice and tacky out, hour later the rain started to come down HARD and flooded most of the trails. Couldn't make it back out with the 2wd, had to leave the beast out there.

Really hoping/praying nobody messes with it and that it's all safe, I honestly can't afford to put much more into it to fix it right now, and I need it for the winter months. It's all locked up tight, really hoping nobody messes with it

I have a set of 31's on 5x4.5 wheels that I'm going to bring out tomorrow and stick on the rear and try to make it out, should be able to deflate them more than the 29's on it, and they have more tread.

Why didn't you just have the person you were wheeling with pull you out?
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #34415
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

What did you pull the front driveshaft on it? That might be more useful then some 31s
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:35 AM   #34416
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

His front DS is all screwed up.

My Jeep is still 2wd. Funny thing, he tried to get me to go out with him tonight. I had work so I missed out. Glad I did lol, can't be leaving my Jeep out in the boonies.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #34417
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

You know driveshafts are like 30 bucks at the junk yard right. I have three spares in my garage right now.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #34418
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I don't wheel alone. Never turns out well if you do. Murphy's Law.
RJC#512
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #34419
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Wasn't wheeling alone, and I'd gladly have my buddy pull me out, except this thing has no tow points on it

Joey you wouldn't have gotten stuck, your Jeep isn't a pig with no suspension like mine is

I am going to have to go to the junkyard and pull a front shaft sometime soon, fixing my computer kinda killed my spending budget this paycheck... Which is about the only good news I have, my computer works again

[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #34420
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I'm sure you have heard me mention this...
I thought I had lost this picture but I cam across it in a box of stuff in the garage.
I survived being a passenger in this twin engine beer can when it hit the ground at 150 mph.
Several (37) broken bones, torn tissue, cuts and bruises, etc... Almost had my left leg amputated from the extent of the damage to it.
Pilot error, I was not the pilot. I do not fly airplanes because they are dangerous. I only fly helicopters. Much safer. Trust me.
This is the reason in the picture of my son's belt pic, that the Master on the left was once my student, and is now my Master. I had to take a really long break from Kung Fu and he passed me up. He was a green belt when this happened and I was a first degree black belt. Fate.
Holy crap Rik.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #34421
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Wasn't wheeling alone, and I'd gladly have my buddy pull me out, except this thing has no tow points on it

Joey you wouldn't have gotten stuck, your Jeep isn't a pig with no suspension like mine is

I am going to have to go to the junkyard and pull a front shaft sometime soon, fixing my computer kinda killed my spending budget this paycheck... Which is about the only good news I have, my computer works again
Good you wren't alone. It's a sunny day today. Are you going back up to get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Holy crap Rik.
I know right? I almost took one of those.
RJC#512
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #34422
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That's a pretty capable dodge. The early days of wheel'n

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nq2jY1trxqg?rel=0
Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #34423
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm gonna trade my jeep for an old dodge.

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #34424
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Good you wren't alone. It's a sunny day today. Are you going back up to get it?
Going down tonight if I can get a ride. Don't feel like walking 2 miles after spending a whole 9 hours on my feet cleaning the dealership

Unread 10-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #34425
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Update, got the pig home safe and sound. Threw some 31's on the rear, aired them down real low, and she crawled right on out. Had to hit one spot with a bit of speed and bump out over it but it's back home. Drove just fine, except the ABS threw a light.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.