San Diego Area - Page 2292 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #34366
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krughzn View Post
I have a question for you Kevin.........

What are you still doing here? Isn't there some Toyota fruitcake forum you should be wrecking havoc with?
Yeah, probably. But I like it around here.

My main purpose for going up was to buy a new Powertank. I also wanted to check out the suspension kits offered by All-Pro, Icon, and Total Chaos. I already ordered sliders from All-Pro but they won't be ready until next week.

Here are a few pics.

541905_4789631916985_304797925_n.jpg   1377042_4789630836958_893825784_n.jpg   1383780_4789629476924_204051222_n.jpg  
1382994_4790208171391_464925201_n.jpg

Unread 10-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #34367
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

looks like fun.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #34368
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krughzn View Post
Nobody's going to the Off Road Expo? Although my wife is a lovely woman, I don't want to really go with her. She's not as enthusiastic about all the cool stuff there.
I'm going tomorrow too. Not sure how early but early for sure.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #34369
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I'm going tomorrow too. Not sure how early but early for sure.
This years event was better than when I went a few years back. There were less sand cars and crap aimed at the flat-bill crowd. They were still there but not in enough numbers to aggravate me

Most of the good stuff is in and around Hall #4. I saw Gerald from Savvy at the Currie display so I stopped in to say hello. He seemed to have a crowd around him all day so I didn't get any time to talk with him. His new rig looks great though!

Gotta say I'm a little tired of the " Super Jeeps" with $30K axles and 40" tires. I guess they're just not my style since I prefer rigs that can be driven to the trail head instead of trailered. At some point it just becomes a buggy so why not start with a buggy I spent more time looking at rigs in the parking lot than those inside the show
Unread 10-06-2013, 04:27 AM   #34370
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Actually there are several members on here that do their own gears. They also do them for other folks, just not for pizza and beer.
Can you refer me to anyone who would be willing to do me a favor at a small price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
I went to progear and the guy wanted NINE HUNDRED BUCKS! to regear my rear. I laughed and left. Got it done for 150.00 plus 150.00 for the parts. I won't EVER go their regardless of who says what..Reminds me of Tri-County gear in Pomona. No concrete prices. Just depends on their mood and how much they owe their wife at the time. My guy is about 75 miles away but I'll trust him anytime and I've referred a few guys with positive feedback. PM if you need the #.
PM sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Speed Freak does them, IIRC
Any idea of the cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJDesertRacer View Post
I did the gears in my 8.8. It was easier because the shims are outside the bearings, unlike the Dana axles that are behind the bearings. If you take your time and have a press and the other speciality tools it can be done. For me it came down to saving money.
I'm not against doing them myself with the help of someone who knows how to do it, but I don't want try to do it on my own for the first time. this is our family vehicle and the wife's DD so i want to do it right, I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg. It is only a gear instal, the factory lockers will be reused. I plan to buy the gear sets and instal kits and anything else I might need. If I have to pull the axles and take them to a shop to get a better price, then I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
Ya. Only had time for a day trip, and The winds were not bad at all. It was a beautiful day. Was windy as can be on the 10 at 5am but up on the lake bed it was nice. Could not have asked for a better day

We ran sledge and then went over to aftershock. Great day with no breakage on my end. Only carnage for the day was a popped loose fuel line on a juggy and the bead to a 35"km2. Reconnected and reseated and off we went. Other than that we had no problems.my jeep and I did good considering I have stock steering components (aka currie steering with no hydro assist or anything)

Last pic is me and my buddy Garza chillin on aftershock
That looks like a lot of fun! I really want to get out there and do some wheeling when I get back. Nothing crazy just some moderate to difficult trails.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #34371
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

That roll bar on that second rig needs to be tied in a little better.
Unread 10-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #34372
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Found out just how horrible a stock ZJ really is offroad last night

Rocks I normally just roll right over with my stock-ish YJ were snagging the crossmember on this thing half the time. Got high centered at one point, luckily I had the hi-lift in the back. If I weren't so keen on gutting this thing I'd probably lift it.

In other news, my desktop fried its own motherboard and took the power supply with it....

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #34373
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

who needs a taco? priced to sell.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4087226389.html
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #34374
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Someone needs to stop watching doomsday preppers lol
Unread 10-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #34375
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Sledge and Aftershock are a nice warmup, next trails to try Sunbonnet and Turkeyclaw. The gatekeeper thing at the start of Jack is a hoot also. Going down Jack North has a few fun spots too
I didn't feel like working that hard.
Unread 10-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #34376
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Shoot your Caddilac will run Sledge in under 45 min , where's the work in that?
We need to coax you out the house and on a trail more often
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #34377
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Someone needs to stop watching doomsday preppers lol

No joke. 10 minutes in to a doomsday bunkers episode and I was runimg through scenarios in my head for the rest of the night.
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #34378
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

As long as you have a loaded gun, plenty of ammo, some smarts and a willingness to use said gun.
Then you don't need much else.
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #34379
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Shoot your Caddilac will run Sledge in under 45 min , where's the work in that?
We need to coax you out the house and on a trail more often
No work for me getting my rig over the trails but when you're leading 3 JV newbies, it's sorta impolite to get more than a few hundred yards ahead of them at any one time plus I don't like walking that far back down the trail to help them through the tough spots.

They signed up to run the trails together, not just be on them at the same time some of the time.
Unread 10-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #34380
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0ungGunZJ View Post
Nothing like having a 2.7L under the hood with a 4 speed auto and all of that weight.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.