San Diego Area - Page 2274 - JeepForum.com
 60Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #34096 of 40893 Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02
Drove the CJ around the block today, only set off 43 car alarms. Great success.

Taylor says I should take it wheeling. Maybe if I have a tow truck on retainer service.
Don't you own a truck?

Besides... If you break anything, well just leave your jeep for scrap and take the motor with us for mine

Climbit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34097 of 40893 Old 09-09-2013, 07:49 PM
brokenyoujoint
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sandy Eggo,
Posts: 2,470
I hear ya. I dont have any lateral, at least that's comparing it to the right and for all i know the right is on the way out... Ive been taking osteo biflex and fish oil pills. Apparently the oil pills do wonders with lubrication joints and bones.. I could lose 15 lbs myself. Hard to exercise when you're in pain ..
brokenyoujoint is offline  
post #34098 of 40893 Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 PM
smcalpac
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Temecula Area
Posts: 776
I know the pain, every step for me... 3 weeks I've been walking and the pain is still there. Just gotta keep on keeping on I guess. They say the best thing for arthritis is exercise. I'm still waiting for that to be true!

I'm here because
my little girl
doesn't need her dad
on two wheels anymore!
.
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline  
 
post #34099 of 40893 Old 09-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Rrw600
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 764
This is the third time I've had to cut a hole in the ceiling of my dining room because of the &^*$%^ bathtub upstairs leaking into the ceiling. The first time the builder didn't content the tub overflow to the drain, the 2nd time the handyman messed up replacing the valve, now I'm trying to figure out WTH is leaking. Did I say I wanted to be a plumber in my next life. I take that back. Looks like I'm gonna get a bathroom remodel, the tubs been in need of replacing for a while (but wasn't leaking.) This'll put a dent in the budget for jeep mods
Rrw600 is offline  
post #34100 of 40893 Old 09-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
 
Joe Dillard's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lexington Park
Posts: 13,494
Is it a fiberglass tub? If so, perhaps it has a crack.

The tub/shower in our upstairs guest bath started leaking due to a crack & we didn't know it at first. AAA insurance covered everything.
Joe Dillard is offline  
post #34101 of 40893 Old 09-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Xpress
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Great Big Box
Posts: 5,936
Garage
Another random topic change...

Anybody know anything about hard drives?

A. I have an old hard drive that is corrupted and I can't access it from my HDD case, we need important files off of the drive. Anybody know any tricks on recovering data off of the drive?

B. I am looking to get a 1TB drive for said HDD case, any suggestions on an inexpensive unit?

All about that unibody life.
Xpress is offline  
post #34102 of 40893 Old 09-10-2013, 01:52 AM
wtfcrunch
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 305
A: This is gonna sound wrong and untechnological but put the harddrive in the freezer, for twelve hours or over night, away from moisture of course. Pull out while still chilled and then see if files are still inaccessible. I've done it to two of my drives that failed after hearing about the technique in disbelief but it worked.

B: from my experience, every sinle Western Digital HDD I have owned failed or pooped out in under two years. I've had amazing luck with my.Samsung HDDs and would recommend them over others.

Is the HD enclosure SATA or IDE? I'd browse amazon/newegg for your best price.

http://server.dzone.com/news/what-do...rd-drive-fails

-_________________-
Tyler Laros
San Diego, CA
wtfcrunch is offline  
post #34103 of 40893 Old 09-10-2013, 09:06 AM
brokenyoujoint
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sandy Eggo,
Posts: 2,470
Got a question. When I 1st took the jeep out after a re gear I went like 2 miles then came home. I saw a tiny bit of leakage at the cover so I got a wrench on a bolt & put my hand on the bottom of the casing.. Yikes. It was what felt like maybe 160 degrees. I can only hold my hand to the case for maybe a few seconds before my brain says, ok.. let go....I've never noticed if they get hot like that or not. At the cover its not TOOO hot but on the bottom of the center section it is up there.... I then went about 40 miles total & changed the fluid. Had a little bit of metal flake & mostly just the yellow marking for the setup which I suspect is normal & wasnt alarmed at all. Last night I drove about 12 miles & found it to be still very hot. Like putting your hand on the radiator. Could anyone drive there jeep normally for a few miles & get out & cup a feel on your jeeps bottom (rear end ) & let me know if its hot to the touch? Not lightly hot but enough to have to let go of it after like 2 seconds.
brokenyoujoint is offline  
post #34104 of 40893 Old 09-10-2013, 04:19 PM
sdmoose429
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Good Ole' Sandy Eggo
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
Drove the CJ around the block today, only set off 43 car alarms. Great success.

Taylor says I should take it wheeling. Maybe if I have a tow truck on retainer service.
COOL!!!! You can tow it to BB for my birthday run!!! I know your truck can make it and we can steal Joe's trailer. Bring your roomie, too!

Happy Trails, Moose KF7ITJ
"The difference between men and boys is the price of their TOYS!"
sdmoose429 is offline  
post #34105 of 40893 Old 09-10-2013, 04:25 PM
sdmoose429
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Good Ole' Sandy Eggo
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
Got a question. When I 1st took the jeep out after a re gear I went like 2 miles then came home. I saw a tiny bit of leakage at the cover so I got a wrench on a bolt & put my hand on the bottom of the casing.. Yikes. It was what felt like maybe 160 degrees. I can only hold my hand to the case for maybe a few seconds before my brain says, ok.. let go....I've never noticed if they get hot like that or not. At the cover its not TOOO hot but on the bottom of the center section it is up there.... I then went about 40 miles total & changed the fluid. Had a little bit of metal flake & mostly just the yellow marking for the setup which I suspect is normal & wasnt alarmed at all. Last night I drove about 12 miles & found it to be still very hot. Like putting your hand on the radiator. Could anyone drive there jeep normally for a few miles & get out & cup a feel on your jeeps bottom (rear end ) & let me know if its hot to the touch? Not lightly hot but enough to have to let go of it after like 2 seconds.
Sounds like it is too tight. It's a 44. right? They do need to be broken in properly, but no metal flakes in the oil. Unless it wasn't cleaned out well enuf. After break in, they run really hot. I'll try to get a raygun on mine for ya.

Happy Trails, Moose KF7ITJ
"The difference between men and boys is the price of their TOYS!"
sdmoose429 is offline  
post #34106 of 40893 Old 09-10-2013, 04:28 PM
sdmoose429
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Good Ole' Sandy Eggo
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrw600 View Post
This is the third time I've had to cut a hole in the ceiling of my dining room because of the &^*$%^ bathtub upstairs leaking into the ceiling. The first time the builder didn't content the tub overflow to the drain, the 2nd time the handyman messed up replacing the valve, now I'm trying to figure out WTH is leaking. Did I say I wanted to be a plumber in my next life. I take that back.
Looks like somebody up there heard you...

Happy Trails, Moose KF7ITJ
"The difference between men and boys is the price of their TOYS!"
sdmoose429 is offline  
post #34107 of 40893 Old 09-10-2013, 05:48 PM
brokenyoujoint
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sandy Eggo,
Posts: 2,470
it wasnt metal chunks or big flakes. very very minute specks. Nothing concerning. More interested in the temp.
brokenyoujoint is offline  
post #34108 of 40893 Old 09-10-2013, 06:35 PM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,285
That's why you break them in. Diffs get hot especially when they first get done

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #34109 of 40893 Old 09-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Xpress
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Great Big Box
Posts: 5,936
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfcrunch View Post
A: This is gonna sound wrong and untechnological but put the harddrive in the freezer, for twelve hours or over night, away from moisture of course. Pull out while still chilled and then see if files are still inaccessible. I've done it to two of my drives that failed after hearing about the technique in disbelief but it worked.

B: from my experience, every sinle Western Digital HDD I have owned failed or pooped out in under two years. I've had amazing luck with my.Samsung HDDs and would recommend them over others.

Is the HD enclosure SATA or IDE? I'd browse amazon/newegg for your best price.

http://server.dzone.com/news/what-do...rd-drive-fails
A. Interesting, never heard of that, may have to try it.

B. Also interesting, I have never had issue with WD products.

And no, all I have to work with is USB 2.0. There is no upgradeability on my computer either. Honestly I just need something to backup files to.

All about that unibody life.
Xpress is offline  
post #34110 of 40893 Old 09-11-2013, 09:58 AM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,555
Garage
Anyone know what these are and what they fit. I have two pair that need some attention


.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbolty is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
San Diego Meet and Greet, Jan 2nd 11AM Fiesta Island Jeebs SanDiego 243 12-28-2012 06:30 PM
Monster Jam San Diego (January 23rd) Delta347 SanDiego 7 01-09-2010 09:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome