San Diego Area - Page 2258 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 08-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #33856
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
Jeep should be trail ready this week. Anybody up for a shake down run in the local area next weekend? Thinking one of the trails out at coral canyon as it's not too far away. I'm free Friday morning through Sunday noonish. Either just a trail run or turn it into camping with the run. Either one works for me.
what trails would you want to run there? i wonder how the traction will be out there with all this rain in the mtn areas. (hopefully a little less dusty)

(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #33857
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0ungGunZJ View Post
what trails would you want to run there? i wonder how the traction will be out there with all this rain in the mtn areas. (hopefully a little less dusty)
it will have dried out by then I'm sure.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #33858
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Haven't run any of them but driven past the sign for it a thousand times on the 8 headed out to Yuma so I'm up for anything really. Looked at em online and on youtube and doesn't look like too much is undoable. I just need to get off the pavement. Been breaking in new gears for a bit and getting my bumps done.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #33859
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
it will have dried out by then I'm sure.
its suppose to be raining all of this week in the mtns.

Quote:
Haven't run any of them but driven past the sign for it a thousand times on the 8 headed out to Yuma so I'm up for anything really. Looked at em online and on youtube and doesn't look like too much is undoable. I just need to get off the pavement. Been breaking in new gears for a bit and getting my bumps done.
alright hows your LJ set up?

i've done the easier stuff at corral in my zj the espionsa trail (very pretty) bronco flats / gunslinger and sidewinder. i'm not 100% sure how the main part of bronco looks right now so idk if my zj would be fine on the first half of it i know it wont do the connector.
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #33860
noelc
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Jeep should be trail ready this week. Anybody up for a shake down run in the local area next weekend? Thinking one of the trails out at coral canyon as it's not too far away. I'm free Friday morning through Sunday noonish. Either just a trail run or turn it into camping with the run. Either one works for me.
I want to take my WJ out. I created another thread about it, but I bought it about a year and a half ago, put on a 2" lift, but haven't gone off roading yet. Want to get out there! None of my friends have 4x4 so I would like to meet some new people and hit some trails. I should probably start with some begining/intermediate trails.
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #33861
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelc View Post
I want to take my WJ out. I created another thread about it, but I bought it about a year and a half ago, put on a 2" lift, but haven't gone off roading yet. Want to get out there! None of my friends have 4x4 so I would like to meet some new people and hit some trails. I should probably start with some begining/intermediate trails.
sounds like the espinsoa / los pinos trail would be perfect for you. at least at corral canyon.

do you have any sliders for it yet? if you do and at least a t case skid you could take it up pancake rock.
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #33862
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
its suppose to be raining all of this week in the mtns.
odd... my forecast said just monday.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #33863
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/91962

i remember the weather saying flash flood advisory as far west as pine valley so i'd assume the same goes for corral canyon. (atleast parts of it)
Unread 08-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #33864
noelc
2004 WJ 

Quote:
sounds like the espinsoa / los pinos trail would be perfect for you. at least at corral canyon.

do you have any sliders for it yet? if you do and at least a t case skid you could take it up pancake rock.
No sliders or t case skid plate yet. Thinking that could be the next upgrade.

Would love to tag along with some other jeeps if anyone is hitting any trails that my jeep can handle. Are there ever any meetups?
Unread 08-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #33865
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Alright then, for the wj los pinos /espinosa is about max.at corral canyon. Ramona has some truck trails that would be perfect for you, they aren't challanging by any means but still fun.

Theres some roads from alpine to julian but those are just dirt roads nothing fancy. You might get a kick out of anderson truck trail. In alpine but dont do it by yourself. You can get in trouble fast there if you take the wrong road.
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #33866
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

alright hows your LJ set up?

i've done the easier stuff at corral in my zj the espionsa trail (very pretty) bronco flats / gunslinger and sidewinder. i'm not 100% sure how the main part of bronco looks right now so idk if my zj would be fine on the first half of it i know it wont do the connector.
I'm running a Rubi on 35 KM-2's and fully up armored. Just had the gears and getting the bumpstops done this week so wanting to go shake loose what I can. Nothing too extreme but if there's some obstacles I'd like to see how she does on 35's now.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #33867
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelc

No sliders or t case skid plate yet. Thinking that could be the next upgrade.

Would love to tag along with some other jeeps if anyone is hitting any trails that my jeep can handle. Are there ever any meetups?
I made a skid plate for my Wj. It's welded to the crossmember. If you added rear mount would work great. I have no use for it. If you want it. You can have it.

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #33868
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJDesertRacer View Post
I made a skid plate for my Wj. It's welded to the crossmember. If you added rear mount would work great. I have no use for it. If you want it. You can have it.
Now that's some right there!
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #33869
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Looks great Sam.
but now if you get into an accident they can use the defense that they couldn't see you because your Jeep was camouflaged.
I figure I'll just run em over!
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #33870
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

What a pain in the *** it was to put Joeys 8.8 in last night. Had to do some grinding and hammering to get the control arms to fit in properly. More work today I think...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.