San Diego Area - Page 2257 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 08-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #33841
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here's a shot for Taylor.... Ballsy stuff.

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #33842
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Is that where they get Coors light from in the commercials? Lol
Unread 08-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #33843
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quite ballsy. I'd do it.

By the way Rik, the name is Tyler, not sure if you missed it becuase you called me Taylor originally too haha
wtfcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #33844
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfcrunch View Post
Quite ballsy. I'd do it.

By the way Rik, the name is Tyler, not sure if you missed it becuase you called me Taylor originally too haha

Haha no. It was for Taylor (Climbit). Do you ice climb too?
RJC#512
Unread 08-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #33845
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ohhhh okay well you said welcome Taylor and I wasn't sure if that was a mistake. My bad Taylor!

I used to ice climb in the Appalachia when I lived in VA. I have only been here for about a year.
wtfcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #33846
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry about calling you Taylor. I usually only call that at people that piss me off on the freeway.

I've never ice climbed. Looks like something I would enjoy except the cold part. Don't like cold. Did a lot of rock climbing as a youngster including free climbing. I'm too old and beat up for that now.
RJC#512
Unread 08-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #33847
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Some may have heard that converting a 14B to discs saves about 100 lbs. Well, that's correct. I weighed the drums & backing plates. Together they weigh ~82 lbs x 2 = 164 lbs. The discs & calipers are ~33 lbs x 2 = 66. So a savings of ~98 lbs.

Continued a little work on it today. Replaced driver side axle shaft, hooked up the braided hose to the caliper, then started disassembling the passenger side & getting it converted.

Other side so far....

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #33848
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Here's a shot for Taylor.... Ballsy stuff.

my google skills tell me that is a guy named sam elias climbing the Vale Fang in colorado. I met that dude a few times when I was climbing out there. one of the most athletic people I can say I've met.

this is probably my best shot... if you look down near the bottom you can see me

Quote:
Sorry about calling you Taylor. I usually only call that at people that piss me off on the freeway.
funny, I normally call old people doing 60 in the fast lane rik

Quote:
I've never ice climbed. Looks like something I would enjoy except the cold part. Don't like cold. Did a lot of rock climbing as a youngster including free climbing. I'm too old and beat up for that now.
I'd say come out and try it... but the nearest ice to us is about 500 mi and won't be in for 3 more months at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Some may have heard that converting a 14B to discs saves about 100 lbs. Well, that's correct. I weighed the drums & backing plates. Together they weigh ~82 lbs x 2 = 164 lbs. The discs & calipers are ~33 lbs x 2 = 66. So a savings of ~98 lbs.

Continued a little work on it today. Replaced driver side axle shaft, hooked up the braided hose to the caliper, then started disassembling the passenger side & getting it converted.
looks good Joe... any plans to paint up those brackets and/or weld them to the flange? what about a parking brake?

I got 7/8s the way through building my bender. got the 8 ton Air/Hydro ram, got the Swag Offroad mount welded together, and got the vertical stand cut out and welded together. just need a longer set of bolts to bolt the whole thing together.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #33849
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Well, with the exception of the upper rear hatch, the camo wrap is about done!

Jeff, I have about 20+ feet left. Not near enough for your camper but I think I'm gonna order another roll just cause.

Chris, I have another pile of scraps if you need em. Otherwise I save em for patch pieces.
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #33850
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Looks great Sam.
but now if you get into an accident they can use the defense that they couldn't see you because your Jeep was camouflaged.

Taylor how much money do you have wrapped up in your climbing gear including clothing?
RJC#512
Unread 08-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #33851
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Jeep should be trail ready this week. Anybody up for a shake down run in the local area next weekend? Thinking one of the trails out at coral canyon as it's not too far away. I'm free Friday morning through Sunday noonish. Either just a trail run or turn it into camping with the run. Either one works for me.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #33852
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Other side so far....

Holy carp Joe what are you planning on doing with all that braking power? Stopping a freight train?!

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #33853
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I sure like that kit. Its on the list, but not super high on it.

HA, now if I sell the Krawlers tomorrow I'll have a shorter list of junk to buy.

A guy contacted me from Pirate & may buy them tomorrow. I'm doubting it since he wants a tire to drive on the street as well which isn't a good idea.

Well if you can afford it hang on to the red labels, they sure are fun on rocks.
If they go what tire are you replacing them with?
Also if you go 40" flavor leave the diff housing alone, cutting the bottom out of it really is not good for the strength and integrity of the housing
Unread 08-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #33854
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Taylor how much money do you have wrapped up in your climbing gear including clothing?
A lot.

I don't have an exact number, and I've gotten a lot of stuff at discount through friends working at gear shops and whatnot, but its in the thousands of dollars.

my rock climbing rack alone is probably over 1000 with the rope and other softgoods.

my ice gear is about the same with boots, crampons, ice screws, Ice tools.

then there's the 5 or 6 different packs I have, a couple tents, sleeping bags, pads, stoves, etc etc. probably over 2k in that.

I can't even remember all of the pieces of clothing I have for climbing, but when you think about all the winter stuff its probably 1500 or so.

so whats that 5500-6k? that sounds about right... but then you think about multiples of stuff, stuff that gets lost or broken and has to be replaced....

still not as expensive as jeeps though
Unread 08-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #33855
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Well if you can afford it hang on to the red labels, they sure are fun on rocks.
If they go what tire are you replacing them with?
Also if you go 40" flavor leave the diff housing alone, cutting the bottom out of it really is not good for the strength and integrity of the housing
he has a set of 39.5 krawlers that will be replacing the 37"s.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.