San Diego Area - Page 2250 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 08-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #33736
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfcrunch View Post
Just wanted to say hello to fellow San Diegan Jeepers. I just recently got my second Jeep, first in Cali, and wanted to get to know as many people as possible. I'll help with mechanical fixes, upgrades or anything.

PM me or if things are more pertinent, my name is Tyler and I can share contact info.
welcome

Unread 08-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #33737
Xpress
Not enough Lumens...

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfcrunch View Post
Unfortunately, it's not set up at all. Its 100% bone stock. I just bought it 2 months ago with 74,000 miles on it. So I may not be able to wheel with everyone for a little while but the slate is clean and the future is bright. I have many plans for her as you may suspect.
No problems with a bone stock rig, they can do pretty well offroad:

Welcome to the madness
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudsweatNgearz View Post
Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear Arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #33738
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome Taylor....

So it seems all I did all weekend was drink and eat. Going away party Friday until 4am, birthday party Saturday until 2am, then to Chris' house for a killer BBQ/Smoker beerfest and shots until I passed out on the couch. Had a wee bit of trouble getting up to take the kids to school this morning.
Chris' smoker works great. I didn't take any pics but he did. Bacon wrapped sausage, pork shoulder (pulled pork), and some kind of special spicy chicken, plus trimmings. I'm so glad he lives close to me, but he isn't helping my waist line any.

Anyway... I am itching to go wheeling again. Someplace different tho'. BetZ may be going up to Sacramento for the weekend this Friday, so its either a major drunken brawl with hookers and beer at my house, or wheeling. Need help deciding. lol
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #33739
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i say hookers and beer but thats just me
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #33740
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Me too!

I will be busy wrenching under my Jeep this saturday getting my 8.8 put in. Dropped it off today, and guy says it should be ready by tomorrow. So I plan on drilling tap the tubs to mount the hoses to the calipers, and the T-manifold for the hard brakes lines. Then I will primer and paint it wednesday/thursday. Install beginning early saturday morning.

Edit: Crap. Don't have the C-clips for the 8.8 axle shafts. Does anybody know (joe!) of any places local that I can buy some?
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #33741
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint
i say hookers and beer but thats just me
X2. Can't go wrong with that.

Help our dog Bo! https://fundly.com/give-bo-a-chance
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #33742
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I like hookers.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #33743
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Yes and no. Brand new you can move along the A axis BY HAND, however you will not be able to move along the B axis...again, by hand. The movement along the A axis will be firm and somewhat difficult to achieve. Obviously if it's floppy its s***can material. When bolted into the rig with the tre set in place in the tapered hole, crown nut tight and key in place...you have a serious issue if to can move along the B axis... That guy shouldn't be moving, at all.

I'm sure if I dig around in my garage I can find some new and some blown out TRE's for show and tell

Here's an illustration that will help make sense

As can see, when set in place, there should be absolutely zero movement from the track bar in relation to the B axis...anyways, moral of the story is your track bar is most likely effed and a factory replacement should do the trick.

Zactly
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #33744
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Welcome Taylor....

So it seems all I did all weekend was drink and eat. Going away party Friday until 4am, birthday party Saturday until 2am, then to Chris' house for a killer BBQ/Smoker beerfest and shots until I passed out on the couch. Had a wee bit of trouble getting up to take the kids to school this morning.
Chris' smoker works great. I didn't take any pics but he did. Bacon wrapped sausage, pork shoulder (pulled pork), and some kind of special spicy chicken, plus trimmings. I'm so glad he lives close to me, but he isn't helping my waist line any.

Anyway... I am itching to go wheeling again. Someplace different tho'. BetZ may be going up to Sacramento for the weekend this Friday, so its either a major drunken brawl with hookers and beer at my house, or wheeling. Need help deciding. lol

I'm doing a night run to Truckhaven this Saturday. Wanna come?
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #33745
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
Edit: Crap. Don't have the C-clips for the 8.8 axle shafts. Does anybody know (joe!) of any places local that I can buy some?
I would think a local Ford dealer would have 'em or know of another local source. I have seen them for ~$4 each, which seems kinda high, but when you need them....

Do you still have the o-rings? I'm not sure how critical they are. They look like this:

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #33746
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
I would think a local Ford dealer would have 'em or know of another local source. I have seen them for ~$4 each, which seems kinda high, but when you need them....

Do you still have the o-rings? I'm not sure how critical they are. They look like this:

I was searching through a local dealers online parts inventory and I couldn't find any. Ended up buying some online @ $4 a pop. Bought a couple extra, just in case. Don't have the o-rings either.
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #33747
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Border parts would have them.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #33748
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I thought of them AFTER I ordered them too. I think I will still take a trip down there and see. It would be nice, that way the axle swap can be done this weekend.
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #33749
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone have a torque spec for this track bar? Or is goodntight sufficient?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Unread 08-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #33750
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Got them. 35ft on frame and 55 ft on axle according to autozone.

This thing went right in. Both bolts lined up no problem. Not sure how I feel about this.

Can anyone confirm the values?

Edit: Found different values on here and used those. Closer to 70 Ft lbs.
Took it for a test drive and the thing shook harder than addict jonesing for a fix. So now, assuming the new track bar is perfectly fine, i'd imagine its the CA bushings? It has a pretty decent right pull so I know the alignment needs to be done but the first time it shook it was because I turned left and right in my lane and the second time was going over rail road tracks. This beast needs to get fixed. I can't be the only one around here who has a truck they can drive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.