San Diego Area - Page 2249 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #33721
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
Hemet Survival has some great first aid kits. From the basics all the way to military trauma kits. I picked up a frequency of the trauma kits KICk, thin km they were 40$ each with a nice case.
??????????????

Unread 08-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #33722
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Lol..got to love auto correct and a smart phone.... that was supposed to read,

Trauma kits JIC. I think they were about 40.

jic meaning just in case
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #33723
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
NICE illustration!! You've got all right, Jason, except you have the acceptable axis reversed. Many TREs are made with what is called a "gusher" bushing, which is spring loaded in the B axis. It may be compressible with a big pair of pliers, even when new. ANY movement in the A axis, Buh bye. I have found, over my 40 years in this biz that any TRE that you can move by hand is no match for the forces encountered on the car.
Yes and no. Brand new you can move along the A axis BY HAND, however you will not be able to move along the B axis...again, by hand. The movement along the A axis will be firm and somewhat difficult to achieve. Obviously if it's floppy its s***can material. When bolted into the rig with the tre set in place in the tapered hole, crown nut tight and key in place...you have a serious issue if to can move along the B axis... That guy shouldn't be moving, at all.

I'm sure if I dig around in my garage I can find some new and some blown out TRE's for show and tell

Here's an illustration that will help make sense

As can see, when set in place, there should be absolutely zero movement from the track bar in relation to the B axis...anyways, moral of the story is your track bar is most likely effed and a factory replacement should do the trick.

Unread 08-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #33724
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Amateurs.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #33725
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Didn't see a single chop saw in there.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #33726
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Dropping off my 8.8 tomorrow at a shop down in chula vista to have the brackets welded on. Looking forward to getting it swapped into the rear of the Jeep in the next week or so.

Assuming I get the axle back this week... Anybody want to have a wrenching party at my house this fri/sat? I just bought all the parts I should need for the 8.8 (minus the diff fluid). I'll have some pizza/beer for those who want to come over and do a little wrenching.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #33727
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You better not do it friday afternoon you bastard

What would you guys say a good condition 44RE and NP249 t-case are worth? Trying to get some research done before i go tearing things apart...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #33728
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well I would move the ol' 51 ford out of the garage when I get home, then clean up the garage a bit for room and then start working around 430-5. Need to have it done before 3am on sunday for wurk.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #33729
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
You better not do it friday afternoon you bastard

What would you guys say a good condition 44RE and NP249 t-case are worth? Trying to get some research done before i go tearing things apart...
The 249 is worth its scrap value. You may or may not need the input shaft from it though for your 231 on the ax 15 swap. Or w/e tranny you swap in
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #33730
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I went to ORW. The first aid kits they have are in an nice pouch, but stupid expensive and they have some really worthless stuff in them. I pity anybody that buys one. They have some pretty cool stuff but pricey.
Lights would be too expensive as others wont be spending that kind of money either.
So we were looking at the air down tools. The ARB comes in an orange pouch. The generic ORW comes in a black pouch. They both have the identical mechanism and gauge on them, but the ARB had an ARB logo on it. Both had the same length hose, but the hose on the ARB had a braided coating. The ARB one was twenty dollars more. It is the exact same air down tool!
So I bought the ORW one obviously. I'm sure ARB makes fine lockers etc... but they both have their gauges made in the same Chinese factory.

I want to get a good first aid kit for her too, but a good one, not too big, not filled with glow sticks and stupid crap like the ORW one.
Any idea where? Walgreens maybe? We don't have any truck stops around here.
I've been using one of those ORW deflaters for almost 6 years with no issues. I'd buy one again in a heart beat.

Michelle got me a "Hunter" first aid kit from Cabela's a few years back. It fits right between the seat and tub on the drivers side. I added a quality multi-tool and a few other items I like to have but it was pretty complete. Just be sure she knows that the meds have an expiration date and have to be replaced from time to time.

Looks like it's been renamed to appease the PC crowd.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti...0#BVRRWidgetID
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #33731
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just wanted to say hello to fellow San Diegan Jeepers. I just recently got my second Jeep, first in Cali, and wanted to get to know as many people as possible. I'll help with mechanical fixes, upgrades or anything.

PM me or if things are more pertinent, my name is Tyler and I can share contact info.
wtfcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #33732
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome Tyler. How's your TJ set-up?
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:08 AM   #33733
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Unfortunately, it's not set up at all. Its 100% bone stock. I just bought it 2 months ago with 74,000 miles on it. So I may not be able to wheel with everyone for a little while but the slate is clean and the future is bright. I have many plans for her as you may suspect.
wtfcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #33734
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome.
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #33735
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Who was I talking to the other day about setting toe in?

This is the easiest way I know.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/b...gnment-994928/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.