San Diego Area - Page 2248 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #33706
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
Just got a BaoFeng UV-5R+ in camo of course. Not a bad 2 way radio for the price... Any cool channels to monitor?
Sam,

There are SO many good frequencies...Try Keller peak repeater up in BB. They have the Outdoor Adventures USA net there every Thursday evening from 7:30 to 9. 146.385, standard offset, PL 146.2. If you need some help, just shoot me a PM with your cell.

Good radio to start with. Be careful, though. That Baofeng is one of the gateway drugs for ham radio, like the spacers for Jeeps. I know well. I started with just a handheld to have for emergencies, now I have 3 HTs, 2 mobiles, and an HF rig and antenna farm at my house. I hardly have time for the forum anymore.

Unread 08-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #33707
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hmmmm we have cb gurus around here? I need to get mine up and running again...........
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #33708
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I went to ORW. The first aid kits they have are in an nice pouch, but stupid expensive and they have some really worthless stuff in them. I pity anybody that buys one. They have some pretty cool stuff but pricey.
Lights would be too expensive as others wont be spending that kind of money either.
So we were looking at the air down tools. The ARB comes in an orange pouch. The generic ORW comes in a black pouch. They both have the identical mechanism and gauge on them, but the ARB had an ARB logo on it. Both had the same length hose, but the hose on the ARB had a braided coating. The ARB one was twenty dollars more. It is the exact same air down tool!
So I bought the ORW one obviously. I'm sure ARB makes fine lockers etc... but they both have their gauges made in the same Chinese factory.

I want to get a good first aid kit for her too, but a good one, not too big, not filled with glow sticks and stupid crap like the ORW one.
Any idea where? Walgreens maybe? We don't have any truck stops around here.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #33709
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Some grab handles. Don't have to be too fancy - just functional.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #33710
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Rik, Debbie has given me several decent First Aid Kits from AAA that I have given away. I'll check to see if we/she has anymore & if we do I'll give ya' one.
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #33711
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Some grab handles. Don't have to be too fancy - just functional.
Crap! I meant to look at grab handles but I had a senior moment or something.

Quote:
Rik, Debbie has given me several decent First Aid Kits from AAA that I have given away. I'll check to see if we/she has anymore & if we do I'll give ya' one.
Thanks Joe! Does AAA give them away? I am a Plus/Rv member of 36 years and I never got one. lol Didn't get a toaster from my bank ever either.
RJC#512
Unread 08-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #33712
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

AAA does give them away from time to time. At least her office does. She takes advantage of lots of stuff that most offices don't bother with because they are too lazy. She said her office is out of them right now - but I may have a spare. I'll check.
Unread 08-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #33713
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
AAA does give them away from time to time. At least her office does. She takes advantage of lots of stuff that most offices don't bother with because they are too lazy. She said her office is out of them right now - but I may have a spare. I'll check.

Next time I'm at AAA I'muna axe them why I never get anything but free maps that I pay for?
Sure beats the hell out of the DMV.
RJC#512
Unread 08-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #33714
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I know this women who goes to one of those off site DMV service places that you pay to register your car and whatnot because she didn't know that the DMV and AAA didn't cost anything.

True story. She also bought my girlfriends lifted 'yota. Man I wish she didn't get rid of that truck.
Unread 08-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #33715
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
Hmmmm we have cb gurus around here? I need to get mine up and running again...........
CB is fine for trail chatter and BSing. If you want really COOL radio, bite the bullet and get a ham license. It's really easy, hell I did it. You ask these guys, I ain't no jenius Git a holt of me ifn you wants to chek it out.
Unread 08-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #33716
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
I know this women who goes to one of those off site DMV service places that you pay to register your car and whatnot because she didn't know that the DMV and AAA didn't cost anything.

True story. She also bought my girlfriends lifted 'yota. Man I wish she didn't get rid of that truck.
I heard about a woman that was pregnant and didn't understand why. She NEVER, EVER kissed anyone!
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #33717
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post

Sam,

There are SO many good frequencies...Try Keller peak repeater up in BB. They have the Outdoor Adventures USA net there every Thursday evening from 7:30 to 9. 146.385, standard offset, PL 146.2. If you need some help, just shoot me a PM with your cell.

Good radio to start with. Be careful, though. That Baofeng is one of the gateway drugs for ham radio, like the spacers for Jeeps. I know well. I started with just a handheld to have for emergencies, now I have 3 HTs, 2 mobiles, and an HF rig and antenna farm at my house. I hardly have time for the forum anymore.
I know how that goes.... I got a friend that used to crack out on ham and CBs. Still does actually. He's got some crazy hi watt amplified CB in his truck. He's the one that talked me into the radio. My coworker set me up with all the race channels from when he worked at King Shocks.

I still need to get all my presets programmed but the cord I got with the radio was bad. Oh well, I'll head to my buddies and use his. He already has a bunch of stuff set up on chirp.
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #33718
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post

I heard about a woman that was pregnant and didn't understand why. She NEVER, EVER kissed anyone!
Hell I got 2 kids and 1 in the oven and I can't tell you the last time I kissed my wife!
on two wheels anymore!

Unread 08-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #33719
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

CVS is a pretty good place to start on a first aid or trauma kit as well. Grab a small cheap back pack and you can fill and organize it with whatever you need from the bandage and supply section there. I'd start out with a regular first aid kit from wal mart or something that gives you the basic bo bo fixer upers and then expand from there. The basic one gives you the scissors and tweazers and stuff which helps loads. If AAA hands em out for free go that route though. It'll get her started in any case.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #33720
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Hemet Survival has some great first aid kits. From the basics all the way to military trauma kits. I picked up a frequency of the trauma kits JIC, think they were 40$ each with a nice case.
on two wheels anymore!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.