San Diego Area - Page 2219 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #33271
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
Yep. I woulda said my Wifey but the state of California won't let me marry her. I tried.
Liberal scum

Unread 07-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #33272
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Liberal scum
?? Tall, dark, hard bodied birch who loves to get dirty? Why wouldn't I??!!
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #33273
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Morning fellow Jeepers, does any one have a set of cheap rear shocks that they want to get rid off? I just found out my rear shocks are dead. I'm looking for something around 9-8" of travel or a shock that will fit a 2" lift.

Thanks
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #33274
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I believe I do TJ.........they're old and not sure of everything about em as I bought the jeep with em on but you're welcome to em. Rancho I think. Got to dig em out of the Jeep pile.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #33275
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
?? Tall, dark, hard bodied birch who loves to get dirty? Why wouldn't I??!!
Lol I meant CA law makers. You might stand a chance of a civil union now with the whole prop8 thing passing.

"Do you take this jeep?

You should register at ORW. I wish my fiance would have let me haha
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #33276
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just got back from ProGear SD.. They quoted me + - 900 bucks to regear my rear 44.. Seriously?.... Guess its a wonderful excuse to step up to a 8.8 in the rear and sell the 44. SOOO anyone interested in a 44 rear with Rubicon bracketry, moser axles, detroit locker and 4.56 gears? perfectly fine rearend..... May be a number of months before I sell but I'm thinking maybe 1500.00 for the whole rearend. Looking to do a 8.8 4 link with an ARB
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #33277
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint
Just got back from ProGear SD.. They quoted me + - 900 bucks to regear my rear 44.. Seriously?.... Guess its a wonderful excuse to step up to a 8.8 in the rear and sell the 44. SOOO anyone interested in a 44 rear with Rubicon bracketry, moser axles, detroit locker and 4.56 gears? perfectly fine rearend..... May be a number of months before I sell but I'm thinking maybe 1500.00 for the whole rearend. Looking to do a 8.8 4 link with an ARB
Call Robert at rwkhaussupply.com. He is in Orange County. He is a good guy and should be quite a bit cheaper

Nuff said...[/CENTER]
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #33278
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
if you pull the axle out of the jeep border parts will do it for considerably less than that.

they did a carrier swap (open to ARB) for me for $200+parts.

but you have to bring them the axle out of the jeep.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #33279
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yeh, he hooked me up w/my front hp44. Just wanna get a stronger rearend. Hate the brakes as well . Thinking super 8.8 with 4 link truss. Might hit the pick a part and start a slow build.
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #33280
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint
yeh, he hooked me up w/my front hp44. Just wanna get a stronger rearend. Hate the brakes as well . Thinking super 8.8 with 4 link truss. Might hit the pick a part and start a slow build.
A built 44 is plenty strong. Why mess with the 8.8 when you already got the 44?

Nuff said...[/CENTER]
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #33281
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I need to re gear it to match the front. The guy was telling me that it's gonna be like 950 or more depending on what they run into. Also said they use whatever gear brand is cheapest... REALLY? I was expecting like 450 to 600 tops....
Unread 07-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #33282
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
A built 44 is plenty strong. Why mess with the 8.8 when you already got the 44?
8.8 ring and pinion are larger than a D44.

although unless superior is up and running again he is going to have trouble finding a super 88 kit.

although I agree, personally I'd go with a D60 or 9" if you are going to move past a 44 an 8.8 isn't enough of an upgrade to make it worthwhile.

or sell the Rubi 44 for some $$$ an build an XJ 44 with the 4 link since it will need brackets anyway.
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #33283
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
Call Robert at rwkhaussupply.com. He is in Orange County. He is a good guy and should be quite a bit cheaper
You should he has very good pricing on parts and is not terribly expensive on labor. Not really a whole lot of sense to go to an 8.8 axle
If anything spend the coin on a Ford 9"
Personally for what you do with your Jeep what you have is more than adequate. Spend the rest of the money you save, on rear disk brakes
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #33284
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so the super 88 isnt around anymore? I considered a 60 but I dont care to go beyond 35's. At least not anytime soon, and a 60 would become a shovel with 35's. I'll look for the best regear price and if it's reasonable I'll stick w/the 44. Just love to upgrade whenever possible.....
Unread 07-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #33285
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
so the super 88 isnt around anymore? I considered a 60 but I dont care to go beyond 35's. At least not anytime soon, and a 60 would become a shovel with 35's. I'll look for the best regear price and if it's reasonable I'll stick w/the 44. Just love to upgrade whenever possible.....
Jewkon ripped the super 88 off and are selling it as the ultimate 88, but as far as I know superior is not doing business currently. they could start up again at any time. and some distributors may have that part on the shelf.

as far as the 60 being a shovel, the housing only sits about 1" lower than a 44 housing, which is about the same as an 8.8 anyway.

I'm tempted to agree with Art, throw the money into a 9"... but having a pinion that low concerns me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.