San Diego Area - Page 2208 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #33106
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
fail. what trail is that? CC 3A?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
Guess they should have asked me to be their spotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
Yikes. Ya that's the v notch. Idk how he ended up there though. That's way over to the left when goin up

See the broken light bar!!!! Bummer!
Here is the link to the picture and comments about them running that trail. I knew it was one of the hardest here in San Diego but did not realize that it was as hard as they say.

https://www.facebook.com/rebeloffroa...0&pagefilter=3

TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #33107
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Corral Cayon, Bronco Peak connector. That's what it said on the description of the picture.
Thought so. weird landing there for that trail. WTF were the lights on for?!? fail lol
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #33108
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Here is the link to the picture and comments about them running that trail. I knew it was one of the hardest here in San Diego but did not realize that it was as hard as they say.

https://www.facebook.com/rebeloffroa...0&pagefilter=3
lol its not all that bad, just a little off camber in some spots. i managed to get my open/open JK up it when it was on a 2.5" lift, no sliders, stock gears (30something), mostly stock etc. you just have to be careful with your lines is all. that bumper is redic btw.
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #33109
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It is the hardest in San Diego. And harder than anyline in big bear. But my tj on 35's walked up it no problem. It's a medium trail to me

Fun none the less!

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #33110
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
lol its not all that bad, just a little off camber in some spots. i managed to get my open/open JK up it when it was on a 2.5" lift, no sliders, stock gears (30something), mostly stock etc. you just have to be careful with your lines is all. that bumper is redic btw.
Nah that bumper and stinger is plain fuggly to say the least.
I guess the spotting from a drone doesn't work to well
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #33111
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone who was on the last Big Bear trip. Do you remember the name of that group we passed that had the little helicopter? It was on their jeeps. These pix reminded me that I wanted to see if that group had posted pictures.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #33112
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Something about Surveying. I thought they were doing surveying from their name but they were just filming the jeeps.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #33113
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Nah that bumper and stinger is plain fuggly to say the least.

yea, i didnt want to be the one to say it. lol
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #33114
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

When was the last time any of you guys ran the connector?

There was a big group of people I know out there recently and it was really torn up. A number of rigs on 37"a and tons had difficult times on it, nobody on 35"s made it without a winch.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #33115
wtracing
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto

It's only hard if you get a bad line. We had two fairly built jeeps and my somewhat built tj. One flopped on his side, backed out of it and made it up after that. The other slipped down and smashed his windshield frame and had to be winched out and I went last and made it up with no problem. Like I said, it takes a good line.
wtracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #33116
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Great, a speeding ticket. A ****ing speeding ticket. All because a cop clocked me at 40mph in a 30mph zone while following me. The funny thing is I recall going 35mph in a 30 zone, not 40. Cop was a pig.

He then proceeded to give me 2 options:

1. He arrests me for reckless driving and tows the vehicle (not sure how this one applies, I accelerated from a near stop up to speed quickly, nothing more)

2. He issues me a citation for speeding.

I took the speeding ticket, but this is total ****ing bull****. The guy was an absolute pig and was being nothing but an asshat. Claiming I don't have registration on the car (it has a ****ing smog sticker in the back window!!! News flash, DMV won't issue one until you have insurance). "Officer" claims that if I fight the speeding ticket then we will revert to the reckless driving issues and charge me with that.

So now I have to wait for the **** to come in through the mail. I am desperately hoping I can just handle all of this by mail, I don't have time to deal with this **** right now.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #33117
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Great, a speeding ticket. A ****ing speeding ticket. All because a cop clocked me at 40mph in a 30mph zone while following me. The funny thing is I recall going 35mph in a 30 zone, not 40. Cop was a pig.

1. He arrests me for reckless driving and tows the vehicle (not sure how this one applies, I accelerated from a near stop up to speed quickly, nothing more)

I took the speeding ticket, but this is total ****ing bull****. The guy was an absolute pig and was being nothing but an asshat. Claiming I don't have registration on the car (it has a ****ing smog sticker in the back window!!! News flash, DMV won't issue one until you have insurance). "Officer" claims that if I fight the speeding ticket then we will revert to the reckless driving issues and charge me with that.

So now I have to wait for the **** to come in through the mail. I am desperately hoping I can just handle all of this by mail, I don't have time to deal with this **** right now.
Its a good thing he didn't clock you doing 80mph when you had that 80mph front tire blowout on the motorcycle.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 03:40 AM   #33118
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yes officer, sorry officer, i apologize officer...... Then fight that shi+ if you honestly feel that you were going an appropriate speed and or feel you have a legitimate defense. Otherwise eat it and go to traffic school if its your 1st ticket. If its your 2nd or 3rd on record then show up to fight it. If he shows you'll most likely lose and traffic school is not an option. If he's a no show you automatically win. Most everyone goes 40 in a 30 now and then. At least you werent jumping anything.... Ive been pulled over going 60 in a 45. Be respectful, with a look in your eye like F it! why was i SOO stupid... and 1/2 the time they give you warning. Ive been pulled over going 80 at 3am in the middle of the desert.. I was like ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Theres no one around.. just me! I fought it, he didnt show, I won..
Good luck.
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #33119
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Its a good thing he didn't clock you doing 80mph when you had that 80mph front tire blowout on the motorcycle.
That was in a 70 zone through the mountains, and we had passed a cop who didn't seem to mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
yes officer, sorry officer, i apologize officer...... Then fight that shi+ if you honestly feel that you were going an appropriate speed and or feel you have a legitimate defense. Otherwise eat it and go to traffic school if its your 1st ticket. If its your 2nd or 3rd on record then show up to fight it. If he shows you'll most likely lose and traffic school is not an option. If he's a no show you automatically win. Most everyone goes 40 in a 30 now and then. At least you werent jumping anything.... Ive been pulled over going 60 in a 45. Be respectful, with a look in your eye like F it! why was i SOO stupid... and 1/2 the time they give you warning. Ive been pulled over going 80 at 3am in the middle of the desert.. I was like ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Theres no one around.. just me! I fought it, he didnt show, I won..
Good luck.
What pisses me off is he claims I was going over 40. How the hell does he know? He had to catch up to me, and he was clearly going way faster than me!

He even wrote down the wrong vehicle type and wrong owner on the ticket

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #33120
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Cops are jerks. I can't believe he did that to you. You seem like such a nice person. You should fight it.

Quote:
He even wrote down the wrong vehicle type and wrong owner on the ticket
WOW!!!! The Cop must be an idiot. You really should fight it, you'll probably get it dismissed on a technicality.
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.