San Diego Area - Page 2197 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #32941
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4zyfkr View Post
Did you guys see all the gear I scored over the weekend? I made a separate thread so as not to clutter this one up with a pic bomb
Yea, I saw that.

I'll give you $21.00 USD.

BTW: Don't worry about posting a pic bomb. Its the users who do a "reply with quote" and then not editing the pics out that's a PITA.

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #32942
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

^^^ what he said
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #32943
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Outcast View Post
Premo,

I heard that you have great knowledge of ram assist installation.

Can you get me a list of parts and cost? Then help me install it.....

I have to replace my steering box (bad seals) already so it might be a good time for ram assist.

Unless you are comfortable rebuilding a saginaw box, do yourself a favor and pick up a redneck ram that is already tapped/ported. its not that hard to do, but tedious picking out the different colored BB's. After that you'll need the ram, some misc fittings, some hose (you'll need to measure out what you need) and some misc brackets to weld on. there's a bunch of write ups around that have parts lists with part numbers. i recommend checking out Pirate for a write up on how to tap the box.
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #32944
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

A broken air line will stop an ARB dead in its tracks whether its C02, or belt driven. Yes a C02 system is more simple. A pre charged tank, a line, a reg, some wired switches, an ARB air line and the ARB. The york has the same ingredients and a few more. You dont have to run goodyear pneumatic rubber line. That does fail. You can run metal lines if you want. I run the rubber lines and because my oil situation is nill, I change my lines every yr or two (25.00) for good housekeeping. ANY system will fail. Will a York fail 1st? Maybe. If its done hillbilly half A55.
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #32945
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Anyone here have a GM truck with cluster issues. I know it's a common problem. Just wondering if anyone has or knows anyone who has experienced it and what their fix was. I found some answers online but I am trying to avoid having to ship things.

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #32946
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Owned 3, but never had a problem with any of em.
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #32947
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So after taking you guys advice on running a ARB compressor. I went a head and jumped on a deal I could not pass. Just picked up a used CKMA12 compressor for $90.
image-4275074227.jpg

TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #32948
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
So after taking you guys advice on running a ARB compressor. I went a head and jumped on a deal I could not pass. Just picked up a used CKMA12 compressor for $90.
When you hook up the air solenoid, port 1 is in from the tank, port 2 is out to the locker.

It is in the instructions, but often overlooked.

To give you an idea of the deal, that air solenoid alone from ARB is almost 60 bucks.
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #32949
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine

When you hook up the air solenoid, port 1 is in from the tank, port 2 is out to the locker.

To give you an idea of the deal, that air solenoid alone from ARB is almost 60 bucks.
Again thanks for the advise,

I was not expecting to get the solenoid but when he opened up the box with the things inside I could not say no to such a great deal.
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #32950
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJDesertRacer View Post
Anyone here have a GM truck with cluster issues. I know it's a common problem. Just wondering if anyone has or knows anyone who has experienced it and what their fix was. I found some answers online but I am trying to avoid having to ship things.
My Avalanche had a speedometer gauge go out. All the gauges are controlled by electronic stepper motors. Each gauge has it's own.
I called a guy that advertised on CL that comes to your house and replaces them for $100 including removing and re-installing the dash. I had him replace all the motors while he was in there at $22 each just so I never had to deal with it again.
You can buy an entire cluster on ebay for $250 with the latest stepper motors in it.
GM was in a class action law suit about this. If your vehicle has less than 73K miles on it, GM will replace it for free.
They are finding out that these motors were used in Fords, Dodges, and American built Toyotas and Hondas. They are failing also. The biggest prpblem with them is in model years 2000 to 2007.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #32951
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post

you got a great deal there Roberto.... be sure to truss or run some internal sleeves on that D30 of yours......
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #32952
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

1/2 off. 4th thru 7th

http://www.pickyourpart.com/
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #32953
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Wonder if they have any 3.73 D30's for ZJ's...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #32954
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I bet they do...
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #32955
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

OK I have three trucks of concrete showing up starting in about an hour, who wants to help finish it? Be here in 30 minutes, brig coffee.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.