San Diego Area - Page 2195 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 06-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #32911
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

How's your back Chris? You have to work tomorrow?

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #32912
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Thanks - its coming along slowly but surely.
Figuring that you work 6 days a week and spent your only day off in your garage, I'd say it's coming along rather quickly. Looks really good, Joe.
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #32913
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
How's your back Chris? You have to work tomorrow?
Still hurtin, not paying work but forming my RV pad and pouring three trucks of concrete on Tuesday.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #32914
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Mmmm, three trucks of concrete. Sounds like a wonderful start to my backyard.... All in due time I guess.
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #32915
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
But my question is still there.. What would/do you run for air? BTW, I have a detroit in the rear and I accept the fact that it pops, snaps, crackles and pops. That would be a silly denial really.
Here you go. I figured I'd start collecting these and send them your way since they are so simple for newbies to work on. You can walk them through it when you're bored.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/need...up-252809.html
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #32916
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
Mmmm, three trucks of concrete. Sounds like a wonderful start to my backyard.... All in due time I guess.
Let me know when, I have friends in low places.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #32917
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Will do, I have friends and former family in low places as well but it never guest to have more!
on two wheels anymore!

Unread 07-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #32918
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
you can get a york210 at the yard.. make sure its a 210.. Early 80's wagoneers, 80's volvo's and mercedes cars have them to. Make sure you get one with a double V clutch fan. Dont cut the wires on them to close as you'll have to crimp onto them. You will have to buy a few things from KillMe.. I mean Kilby.. Alternator pulley for one.... If you need the solenoid or switches for the ARB I have a brand spanking still in the box set I'll $ ya cheap. Wiring is easy for the ARB, wiring for the York is even easier. Get two gauges, one for the ARB one for the accessories, some rubber air line hose, a belt, some fittings, a 2.5 gallon tank and your done.... oh and fab the mount bracket.. or buy one for 100.00 (yikes)....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
A York in a TJ is a whole different animal than in a YJ. It's not rocket surgery but there are brackets, valves, hoses, pressure switches and assorted bits and pieces. It can run into easy $200 without much trouble. I was lucky enough to find a compressor and bracket in an AMC Pacer with the same 4.2 engine so the bracket and everything dropped right in. I probably have $80 in mine .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Good luck, it will be the most expensive "cheap" mod you've ever done and that's if you don't count your time.

I wouldn't run that crap if you gave me all the parts, promised a perfect trouble free showroom quality installation for free, and then offered to swing by the trail or camp every time it had a problem.
Thanks for the advice guys, I originally was looking into getting a CO2 kit to activate the lockers. There are tons of people running York systems so it seemed like a better idea to do so since there would be more people to take advice from when trouble shooting and installing one.

But I do like the idea of simplicity and a trouble free set up of a CO2 kit. I just have not found a good enough write up where I can learn the basics on setting up a kit where I can run lockers & fill up tires. (I don't care about power tools)
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #32919
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

roberto, just get an ARB compressor to run the lockers. you want that system separate.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #32920
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Here you go. I figured I'd start collecting these and send them your way since they are so simple for newbies to work on. You can walk them through it when you're bored.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/need...up-252809.html
you still dwelling on that? I thought you'd of moved on by now... And yeh, I went on there and gave hommie some advice.. We are all noobs at something... EVEN YOU.
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #32921
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Thanks for the advice guys, I originally was looking into getting a CO2 kit to activate the lockers. There are tons of people running York systems so it seemed like a better idea to do so since there would be more people to take advice from when trouble shooting and installing one.

But I do like the idea of simplicity and a trouble free set up of a CO2 kit. I just have not found a good enough write up where I can learn the basics on setting up a kit where I can run lockers & fill up tires. (I don't care about power tools)
You could just do an ARB compressor as mentioned but try to find it cheap. They are EXPENSIVE for what you get.. When I had my ARB put in like 12 yrs ago that compressor (and maybe they are better now) SUCKED A55!! If your gonna go that route just get a Viaar compressor.. Dont really care what anyone says, I love my york set up.
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #32922
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
You want your locker activation run by a stand alone system that is not used for anything else. Get the small ARB compressor. I have been patient over the last couple of years and picked up 3 of them at different times that are 75 bucks and they come with the harness, 1 switch, pressure switch, and mounting hardware, NIB.

Regardless of the haters, my ARB compressor in the crawler has been in use since 99 and has never had an issue that I didn't cause.

Even if you pay full pop they are generally available for 150 or so. Once you install it and marvel at the very nice plug and play aspect of the system, you will figure out real quick that it is money well spent.

The wiring on the new ones is stupid simple. 12v hot, 12 volt ground, interior light tap, and the rest is plugs that you plug together.
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #32923
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
you still dwelling on that? I thought you'd of moved on by now... And yeh, I went on there and gave hommie some advice.. We are all noobs at something... EVEN YOU.
I'm a newbie at a lot of things, compressed air ain't one of them though.
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #32924
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Blaine, brokenujoint & Climbit for the advise I'll go ahead and look for a compressor to activate only the lockers.

Just to clarify, my intention was to get a simple advice on what was the best source to activate a locker with. I never wanted to start an argument threat on what is better a York, ARB compressor or CO2 kit

But again I have only been in the wheeling community for 3 years and I still consider my self a noob. Compared to you guys that have 8+ years wheeling.

Thanks for advice!
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #32925
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

It's not the years, it's the mileage that counts!
on two wheels anymore!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.