San Diego Area - Page 2189 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #32821
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

We're supposed to clean our Jeeps?

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #32822
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Armor won't ever be used on the inside of my Jeep. I usually just use a damp microfiber cloth and that cleans up most of the grime that finds its way inside my Jeep.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #32823
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
So I just got back from Autozone and bought some interior dash cleaner.. Maquires I think.. Anyways, I spray it on a paper towel and wipe down the airbag dash area on the TJ. It feels kinda tacky.. I rub a little harder and the chemicals are eating at my factory color on the dash. WTF?!?!?! Thinking maybe it was just taking off a previous cleaner or buildup i run my finger nail on it and it's basically melting the plastic. I quickly wipe it down with some windex, then water. Still jacked... Looks like I'm gonna be doing some sanding and plasticoat spray painting .... WTF? anyone have this issue before?
any chance it was painted before?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #32824
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
That was my first thought...

That and I never use anything but mild soap and water to wipe down interior panels. That "shiny" stuff usually just attracts dirt.
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #32825
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

On another subject....I'm considering doing a side project for myself. I can get them Chinese HIDs, 4", 7" and 9" and apparently the CREE LED lights as well direct from the manufacturer from one of our parts importers we use for my 9-5 job. Who am I kidding, 7-5 job that ain't what it was.... Oh well, I still have a job and it almost pays the bills. Thus the need for a side project. Any takers?
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #32826
wtracing
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So I've been searching around for a rebuilt ax15 and I found one for $500 out the door with the exchange of my old tranny. It has a 1 year unlimited mile warranty (shop had plenty of great reviews). With that being said, is this a decent deal? Should I stick with the ax15 or would anyone recommend going to the nv3550?
wtracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #32827
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm going to Big Bear this weekend to avoid the heat.
You know what they say....heat rises so BB should be nice & toasty too.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #32828
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Im the original owner. about 17 yrs now.... Whatever they do to make the dash gray from the factory, this crap is eating it away.
Unread 06-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #32829
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

May be picking up a part-time job at the Oreilys up the street from my house. WooT. Discount on parts!
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #32830
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ujoint, if you can stop the melt cover over with epoxy or resin like for fiberglass (my suggestion) sand it down and paint it up. Sucks it happened but if it has empty a small pocket and grab a can of resin to get er done. Good opportunity for including a switch panel, gauge pane,l or just a cool hoochymadingy that is one of a kind. Hey Wifey can't complain if you point at a melted dash and say. "Look at what these bums did to me!!"
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #32831
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
May be picking up a part-time job at the Oreilys up the street from my house. WooT. Discount on parts!
The one on Paradise Valley, or the one on Campo Rd?
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #32832
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the tips brokenujoint and jbolty, looks like I need to start collecting parts to have my own York OBA.
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #32833
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just pissy about the situation. Shouldnt be able to buy a product that is for cleaning the interior of your car and have it melt your airbag cover. Maybe I'll just knock it all down with some sand paper and hit it with some plastic paint. No wife to give me an ok.. I got rid of her when she said "it's me or the jeep."
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #32834
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Thanks for the tips brokenujoint and jbolty, looks like I need to start collecting parts to have my own York OBA.
you can get a york210 at the yard.. make sure its a 210.. Early 80's wagoneers, 80's volvo's and mercedes cars have them to. Make sure you get one with a double V clutch fan. Dont cut the wires on them to close as you'll have to crimp onto them. You will have to buy a few things from KillMe.. I mean Kilby.. Alternator pulley for one.... If you need the solenoid or switches for the ARB I have a brand spanking still in the box set I'll $ ya cheap. Wiring is easy for the ARB, wiring for the York is even easier. Get two gauges, one for the ARB one for the accessories, some rubber air line hose, a belt, some fittings, a 2.5 gallon tank and your done.... oh and fab the mount bracket.. or buy one for 100.00 (yikes)....
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #32835
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
So I just got back from Autozone and bought some interior dash cleaner.. Maquires I think.. Anyways, I spray it on a paper towel and wipe down the airbag dash area on the TJ. It feels kinda tacky.. I rub a little harder and the chemicals are eating at my factory color on the dash. WTF?!?!?! Thinking maybe it was just taking off a previous cleaner or buildup i run my finger nail on it and it's basically melting the plastic. I quickly wipe it down with some windex, then water. Still jacked... Looks like I'm gonna be doing some sanding and plasticoat spray painting .... WTF? anyone have this issue before?
Try the "son of a gun" interior cleaner. Yellow bottle and it makes the interior look really nice.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.