Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

San Diego Area

2M views 41K replies 369 participants last post by  Joe Dillard 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking to hook up with some beginning to intermediate off-roaders in the San Diego area.

I am a newb to jeeping but not to common sense. I bought a jeep to try, and if I like it I will buy another and give this one to my daughter.

I am truly a quick learner and looking for other beginners or some old salt that is just willing to share the wisdom of their experience.

I would like to go jeeping at least once a month and of course more during the learning stages.

Currently, fire roads are all I have found around hear and a few construction areas.

What I am proposing is that all the way south newbs UNITE... if we can find some old salts to come along we can all learn faster. But I say lets get this thing rolling...

WHO IS WITH ME....?

Current jeep is

88 YJ
31x10.5.15 BFG ATs
I6 258 carbed
Pretty good condition but I am replacing all the parts that should have been replaced ages ago. (Hoses/clamps/Top etc...)
(The jeep sat for 3 years so I'm shaking out all the cobwebs...)

See less See more
Reactions: w6pea
#40,946 ·
Rides WAY better than I thought it would. Acceleration is super smooth with the 6spd and it's much quieter inside & out. I like that it came factory equipped with an exhaust brake, Class V receiver hitch, trailer brake controller with 7 and 4 pin connectors. Plus, the 5th wheel/gooseneck tow prep group.

With the tranny I have (68RFE) it has 370hp @ 2800 rpm and 800#ft tq @ 1,700 rpm.

I'm headed to the Shenandoah National Forest in VA this weekend for an off road trip and going to put my Honda SxS in the bed so that I don't have to pull a trailer. It's cheaper this way since I won't have to pay extra $ to cross the bridge going into VA since I won't have a tandem axle trailer. It costs me $4.50 to cross the bridge in my truck, but costs $18.00 if I tow my trailer. That savings alone almost makes up for the cost of diesel fuel.

#40,948 ·
It's getting close to Super. If anyone needs help with anything I'm down to help. My jeep doesn't seem to ever break so I'm kind of bored.
I'm gonna continue with my new roof on the camper tomorrow. Feel free to come help if you're super bored.

#40,950 ·
It's getting close to Super. If anyone needs help with anything I'm down to help. My jeep doesn't seem to ever break so I'm kind of bored.
risky comment. :surprise:

There are always a few projects hanging around. Let me know when you're available.

THX

#40,957 ·