San Diego Area - Page 2005 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

JK Front Axle TrussARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 01-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #30061
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

make sure its tied to the frame and from the vert bar at your left leg to the section behind your seat along the floorboard.

Unread 01-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #30062
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
Is he?
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
lame a** unibodies!!! lol

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #30063
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
Hope your happy now Joe
You are gunna love those tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ12 View Post
Thanks, I'll half to go bug my neighbor now.
Feel free to call or walk on over anytime.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #30064
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

better yet, I already got a nibble on the 3 km2's I got for sale. Only been a day.
Unread 01-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #30065
nuthead
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsouthjeep View Post
Critic this cage design. I sent the picture to a 4x4 shop and they said they could build it for around 950 from scratch out of 1.75 x .120 dom. That seems very reasonable to me and am considering it.
Call My buddy Dave (619)588-1263 His shop is Chappelles in El Cajon. He did my cage.
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #30066
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsouthjeep
Critic this cage design. I sent the picture to a 4x4 shop and they said they could build it for around 950 from scratch out of 1.75 x .120 dom. That seems very reasonable to me and am considering it.
The B pillar needs a cross brace. Something like an X behind the seats. I'm also not crazy about the a-pillar, it could use an additional brace down low, don't want it folding on your legs.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #30067
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsouthjeep View Post

The cross bar behind the seats is a knee buster. Additionally it's too low for connecting your shoulder harnesses for the front seats.
A cross bar is a PIA if you have kids but the added strength is good for lateral support. The cross bar across the back should be placed so that you can attach shoulder harnesses back there too.
Mine has the cross bar in the rear, then two diagonal bars meeting in the center so I could mount their five points and Rhino headrests on them for the kids to prevent whiplash. I'll try and find a pic.
The price seems "fair" for the material they are using as long as it has the frame tie ins.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #30068
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a blurry pic.....

photo-58-medium-.jpg
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #30069
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You guys hit the nail on the head. I forgot to mention I was getting rid of the cross bar behind the seats for the time being since I don't have 5 point harnesses and it sees daily driving. When the time comes ill either get a bolt in one so its removable or just have somone burn one in. I understand the concern of the rear spreader but ill likely never have anyone in the backseat and its likely coming out soon. As far as the bar from the lower A pillar to B pillar Im still debating how I want it done. I was thinking off having it have a slight swoop from the ground at the A pillar and around a foot up the B pillar. Im pretty sure the price includes the frame tie ins and I think I could talk him down some. Any other concerns? The only thing I'm going to have to pass on is the V in the middle of the windshield. It may come at a later time but its not strictly a trail rig yet.
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #30070
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsouthjeep
You guys hit the nail on the head. I forgot to mention I was getting rid of the cross bar behind the seats for the time being since I don't have 5 point harnesses and it sees daily driving. When the time comes ill either get a bolt in one so its removable or just have somone burn one in. I understand the concern of the rear spreader but ill likely never have anyone in the backseat and its likely coming out soon. As far as the bar from the lower A pillar to B pillar Im still debating how I want it done. I was thinking off having it have a slight swoop from the ground at the A pillar and around a foot up the B pillar. Im pretty sure the price includes the frame tie ins and I think I could talk him down some. Any other concerns? The only thing I'm going to have to pass on is the V in the middle of the windshield. It may come at a later time but its not strictly a trail rig yet.
For some extra cash, you could have a b-pillar spreader and an a pillar brace removeable with tube clamps. So when it's on the street you can have them off and when you go on a trail run you can just bolt them on.
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #30071
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

There is a cross member right at the top of the dash. I don't know how you could put one lower and it'll have something from A to B pillar along the ground.
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #30072
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

who would LOVE to help me reweld my ebrake bracket together? Simple job really. Straight line weld and maybe a small brace for it as well. I cut it in 1/2 yrs ago and welded an extension on it to fit longer cables. Well, the welds sucked monkey testicles or it was just to much leverage on the thin bracket but it bent. I need to put it back to oem. I got a 6 pack of beer/soda or a fast food lunch with your name on it.......
Unread 01-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #30073
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
who would LOVE to help me reweld my ebrake bracket together? Simple job really. Straight line weld and maybe a small brace for it as well. I cut it in 1/2 yrs ago and welded an extension on it to fit longer cables. Well, the welds sucked monkey testicles or it was just to much leverage on the thin bracket but it bent. I need to put it back to oem. I got a 6 pack of beer/soda or a fast food lunch with your name on it.......

We can do it here. I'll be home most of saturday and sunday.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #30074
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty

We can do it here. I'll be home most of saturday and sunday.
I'm probably going to be available Sunday as well.
Unread 01-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #30075
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

looks like Jbolty is the lucky owner of a brand new fast food #2 meal!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.