San Diego Area - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-02-2005, 08:03 AM   #16
JPJeeper

Just runs looks cool...

I looked at all the runs... let me see which one looks good.

The problem was I didn't see ratings...

JPJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2005, 12:12 AM   #17
got_4_lo

i'm bumping theis b/c i want to go....

anyone coming for sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTJ
I came home to be spit on and protested against in Boulder, Colorado. Most of the people have no clue. And that's why we do what we do. We give up our freedom so they can enjoy their freedom.
got_4_lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2005, 02:36 PM   #18
dhsundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJeeper
WHO IS WITH ME....?
I head to Anza about twice a month (except in the summer of course). I'll already be up there that weekend with an older club I belonged to. You're welcome to tag along. On Saturday we'll be doing Rockhouse Canyon- it's an easy trail that we typically wouldn't be doing if not for the fact our club placed a geocache there years ago and it's gone missing. So we need to replace it. After that we'll be doing the Calcite Mine trail. Hopefully on Sunday we'll head down to the southern end of the park and do the Squeeze and Heart Attack Hill or head all the way down to Canyon Sin Nombre. It all depends on the level of skill of the people on the run.

Dave
dhsundance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2005, 03:51 PM   #19
got_4_lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsundance
I head to Anza about twice a month (except in the summer of course). I'll already be up there that weekend with an older club I belonged to. You're welcome to tag along. On Saturday we'll be doing Rockhouse Canyon- it's an easy trail that we typically wouldn't be doing if not for the fact our club placed a geocache there years ago and it's gone missing. So we need to replace it. After that we'll be doing the Calcite Mine trail. Hopefully on Sunday we'll head down to the southern end of the park and do the Squeeze and Heart Attack Hill or head all the way down to Canyon Sin Nombre. It all depends on the level of skill of the people on the run.

Dave

got any details? i'll head down (from LA) if this other thing falls through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTJ
I came home to be spit on and protested against in Boulder, Colorado. Most of the people have no clue. And that's why we do what we do. We give up our freedom so they can enjoy their freedom.
got_4_lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2005, 11:58 PM   #20
Masterchief

JPJeeper...I'm glad there is at least one other person in SD that appreciates jeeps. I see wranglers all over down here but its hard to get a hold of anyone when your passing them on the freeway. (besides the fact that they would probably look at you funny if you tried) I'm leaving for a snowboarding trip on the 16th and don't get back until Jan 10th or so...BIG trip this year. Are you planning on going out often? I recently bought a TJ about 6 months or so ago and I'm in love. I haven't had a chance to go on a REAL run yet. I'm down to go- just email me Ptmurray@comast.net all ya gotta say is dude I'm going on a run, and I'll be there. LATER
Unread 12-05-2005, 12:22 AM   #21
GroundClearance
2004 TJ Wrangler 

More then likely i'm going on a run this comming weekend not sure where yet though, after that I go back to VA till the 2nd of Jan
'94 Grand Cherokee ZJ RIP FEB 25 2006
'47 CJ2A
Quote:
Originally Posted by knatdog55
matt, you are a dirty hooker, deal with it....
U.S. NAVY JEEP HULL # 41

TGC4x4 NOW WORKING
GroundClearance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2005, 07:47 AM   #22
JPJeeper

I can go Sat or Sun this coming weekend or Sunday the next. (18th)

Definately want to get the jeep dirty and figure out what I need in my next jeep.

Which is it going to be...

I would love to go the 17th but a sweet 16 birthday is a bit more important.
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:15 PM   #23
JPJeeper

Anyone for Carvacre this weekend?

http://www.sd4wheel.com/Past_Events/Carvacre.html
Unread 12-06-2005, 11:39 PM   #24
Masterchief

Just tell me when and where ur gonna meet and I'll be there(if my money comes through) I'm pretty sure it will. Is this one gonna be a breakfast run too?
Unread 12-07-2005, 09:01 AM   #25
JPJeeper

Anyone else for this weekend?

I need to confirm at least one for sure. This is supposed to be a green run with a little bit of play areas.

Not to exciting but I thought I would start slow.

BTW, There is an 05 or 06 Rubicon Unlimited in my near future (FINALLY made that decision.

Master, do you have tow straps or a winch? CB?

And yes, early works better for me.

Where are you located? I'm near Escondido
Unread 12-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #26
JPJeeper

Directions to Carvacre Trail:

From El Cajon (I8 & 67)

Go east on I8 about 21 miles. At Japatul Rd. (Exit 40) go south approximately 4.5 miles to Lyons Valley Rd. Continue south on Lyons Valley Rd. approximately 4.5 Miles to the entrance to Barret Correction Facility. Air down at the open area near the entrance. Continue on Lyons Valley Rd. south approximately 1 mile. The trailhead will be a very sharp right as you round a curve.

Caution:

When turning off of Lyons Valley Rd, the trail immediately becomes very rough. Vehicles need to immediately go into 4 WD as you turn off Lyons Valley Road. There is only enough room at the trailhead for 2 or 3 vehicles and the trailhead is in a dangerous curve. Vehicles should be spaced out to avoid problems at the trailhead.
Unread 12-07-2005, 06:56 PM   #27
Masterchief

I am actually planning on buying a tow strap today...well tomorrow. I have a cb but not a mounted antenna. I can easily mount the antenna and get a tow strap. I guess the answer is I will have a tow strap and a cb by the weekend. But no winch how bout you?
Unread 12-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #28
Masterchief

I am in Linda Vista area (mesa college)
Unread 12-08-2005, 02:12 PM   #29
JPJeeper

I might have a new rubicon unlimited by Saturday but...

No CB
No Strap
No Winch...

I will go pick up a strap...

Are you confirmed for this?

As you remember Im pretty stock old jeep with 31's and no lift so I hope I dont have any issues...

Looks like just the two of us also... nobody else has chimed in...

Should we meet somewhere on the 8? not to familiar with the area down there...
Unread 12-08-2005, 08:47 PM   #30
Masterchief

Count me in. I'm also going to buy a tow strap so if you get stuck....It is a green run though right? I don't think we will have a problem. If you dont' have a cb I don't think that is a problem either if its a green run. Where on the 8? Hmmm What are you going to be taking to get to the 8? If its 163 then we can meet at In N out right in mission valley, or maybe another place in mission valley. Or even if you take the 805, somewhere in mission valley seems to me to be the best spot to meet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.