San Diego Area - Page 1999 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #29971
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

redo-ing my cb and it would be good to know that there isnt a cb shop near SD. closest one i found was 130 miles away. Whats up with that? Anyways, I'll be at Valero 9am. Red Tj black rims, ugly driver.

Unread 12-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #29972
naplesjeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What do you need for your cb? want it installed?
naplesjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #29973
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

lol. No it's installed. I have a firestik and the base of it broke off. Was looking to just getting a repair or even a new one over these past few days but I guess i'll just have to buy a new one. Also upgrading from basic coax to the firestik fire ring. No biggie. Amazon.com is there for me.
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #29974
naplesjeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, I got my firestik at 4 wheel parts in el Cajon, I just went there today and they have the 5 ft and the 4 ft
naplesjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #29975
LJWrangler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Im there. 9am valero
SILVER JEEP CLUB #71

My Build [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-06-lj-build-1449774/[/url]
LJWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #29976
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

So on a scale of stock to Joes Jeep, how hard is the trail to pancake rock?

I can't attend, I've always wondered.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #29977
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
So on a scale of stock to Joes Jeep, how hard is the trail to pancake rock?

I can't attend, I've always wondered.
We'll find out tomorrow. Sometimes it's a dirt road but now it seems to be washed out and rutted. By most accounts it seems to be similar to LW right now.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #29978
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The trail to pancake rock is EASY.. Its just a freeway!
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #29979
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
We'll find out tomorrow. Sometimes it's a dirt road but now it seems to be washed out and rutted. By most accounts it seems to be similar to LW right now.
Having done Pancake Rock last week, its actually seems to have gotten easier. Nothing compared to LW.... If you have a rear locker or limited slip your do just fine, if your open, and its wet your have some problems here and there. I highly doubt your need a winch or need a tow strap.

If you want additional fun, just go past the pancake rock and go to the left, there is a rock garden you can play on. To my knowledge there is nothing to the right other then a lock gate.

As far as what rig is required to make it up to Pancake Rock, Ive done it several times in the past year and all I have is slightly larger tires then stock with no lift. The nice thing about pancake rock is typically you have more then one route to take, so if your a good driver or have mods done you can take a harder approach or if your stock and don't want to bother, you can probably drive around it. P.S. Dress warm, it was extremely cold last weekend on top.
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #29980
LJWrangler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So it sounds like 9am Valero ch 21 on the CB see ya'll there. Its an easy run al little fun stuff on the way if ya wanna try it. Should be a good time!!

was there 3wka ago better than LW
SILVER JEEP CLUB #71

My Build [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-06-lj-build-1449774/[/url]
LJWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #29981
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naplesjeeper View Post
Oh, I got my firestik at 4 wheel parts in el Cajon, I just went there today and they have the 5 ft and the 4 ft

I had my cb stolen a while back and havent gotten around to getting another one. Just bought a Uniden 510xl the other day with intention of just going to a shop and getting the rest of the bits and pieces for the install. Well, no shops out here. I grew up in Ontario, Ca where there's a truck stop and cb shops all over as well. Not gonna drive 125 miles to get a few accessories..

Anyways, just got off Amazon and bought a 4ft firestik adj tip antenna, quick disconnect for the base, 18ft of fire ring coax and the connections shipped for 71.00. Got the uniden for 24.00 brand new. Now i just need to go to home depot and jerry rig a mount. Should be cb roll'n in a wk or so. Trying to get it all TDS registration qualified so I can buy some raffle tickets and win that 2012 JK they are raffling off.
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #29982
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
I had my cb stolen a while back and havent gotten around to getting another one. Just bought a Uniden 510xl the other day with intention of just going to a shop and getting the rest of the bits and pieces for the install. Well, no shops out here. I grew up in Ontario, Ca where there's a truck stop and cb shops all over as well. Not gonna drive 125 miles to get a few accessories..

Anyways, just got off Amazon and bought a 4ft firestik adj tip antenna, quick disconnect for the base, 18ft of fire ring coax and the connections shipped for 71.00. Got the uniden for 24.00 brand new. Now i just need to go to home depot and jerry rig a mount. Should be cb roll'n in a wk or so. Trying to get it all TDS registration qualified so I can buy some raffle tickets and win that 2012 JK they are raffling off.
Frys has a decent selection of cb stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #29983
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

There is also Ham radio outlet over in Clairemont. They do carry CB stuff as well.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #29984
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I looked at Fry's online and they didnt have a lot of what I need in stock. Nothing easier than clicking the mouse, laying around and waiting for the knock at the door.
Unread 12-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #29985
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

The frys website sucks

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.