San Diego Area - Page 1997 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #29941
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
92 Vegas YJ got my vote. Once you start stretching and removing leaf springs it's no longer a YJ in my book. His was the essence of what a YJ should be. Plus, he was running down the 3A connector so that's worth my vote alone.

Unread 12-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #29942
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
92 Vegas YJ got my vote. Once you start stretching and removing leaf springs it's no longer a YJ in my book. His was the essence of what a YJ should be. Plus, he was running down the 3A connector so that's worth my vote alone.
We think alike. And that pic is one of my all time favorite Jeep pics too.
Calendar worthy IMHO.
He got my vote also.

I also think this is a calendar worthy pic.....

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #29943
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Calendar worthy IMHO.
He got my vote also.

except that it's sideways as hell.
Unread 12-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #29944
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
well, due to an unexpected fund drainage, looks like TruckHaven is out for me. Also the 34 F weather overnight is probabably a bit low to be camping in a tent... Looks like a few of us are gonna go over to pancake rock or even Corral Canyon for a Saturday day run. Much much closer if any San Diegans are interested. Nothing hardcore. Just a nice day out poking around. Then again those casual wheeling days always get interesting......
I'm in. Do you want to meet at the Carls Jr on Tavern at 9, then head out to the airdown spot?
Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #29945
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrw600 View Post
I'm in. Do you want to meet at the Carls Jr on Tavern at 9, then head out to the airdown spot?
Was literally just there. Decided to take the Jeep out to Plaster City today, since my dads truck didn't have enough room for everyone. Went out for a day of fun and extreme exertion of our 2nd Amendment right, including testing out our new AR

Never been beyond Alpine in my Jeep, so it was an interesting experience, but the 2.5L motored along without incident. Had to roll the hazards, and literally got passed by a semi (with empty trailer) going back up the grade, but it did just fine.

(yeah yeah I know, poseur shots..)

Had a blast, and only managed to burn a half a tank in 185 miles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdWp9...ature=youtu.be

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #29946
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

sounds good to me
Unread 12-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #29947
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Was literally just there. Decided to take the Jeep out to Plaster City today, since my dads truck didn't have enough room for everyone. Went out for a day of fun and extreme exertion of our 2nd Amendment right, including testing out our new AR

Never been beyond Alpine in my Jeep, so it was an interesting experience, but the 2.5L motored along without incident. Had to roll the hazards, and literally got passed by a semi (with empty trailer) going back up the grade, but it did just fine.

(yeah yeah I know, poseur shots..)
so your saying your going AGAIN Saturday?
Unread 12-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #29948
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Calendar worthy IMHO.
He got my vote also.
Just saw this. Thanks for the votes guys. I sure do miss running the local SD trail.

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #29949
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Calendar worthy IMHO.
He got my vote also.

SnowYJ almost got my vote. I appreciate the fact that he's in high school and a dedicated Jeeper We need more kids like him.

The only knock against his was that the body lift looks too big. There's just too much space between the fenders and tires.
Unread 12-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #29950
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
except that it's sideways as hell.
Let me know when you're ready and I'll lead you down that trail. It's probably the hardest trail around here that you can run year 'round. Might have to wait 'till I get my new rig though.
Unread 12-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #29951
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
so your saying your going AGAIN Saturday?
No he's stuck working weekends.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #29952
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
No he's stuck working weekends.
This. It sucks ***. Working for a dealership has its perks- weekends are not said perks...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #29953
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthead View Post
Ok I will put word out. I know what your talking about I keep thinking about building an LJ or a 4 dr JK, since we have 2 kids now. But then I list my jeep and never can get myself to return any calls.
Thanks. I sent Mike some info and pics yesterday for one of his buddies. I'm torn about selling it since I'm almost finished with everything. On the other hand, a fresh build would be a fun project. I'd like to think I wouldn't make the same mistakes again
Unread 12-28-2012, 01:53 AM   #29954
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Let me know when you're ready and I'll lead you down that trail. It's probably the hardest trail around here that you can run year 'round. Might have to wait 'till I get my new rig though.
dont doubt it. Just noticed the added pucker angle thrown in.
Unread 12-28-2012, 01:56 AM   #29955
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
This. It sucks ***. Working for a dealership has its perks- weekends are not said perks...
Could be in my shoes. I work Sat Sun Mon and Tues 800 pm til 630am outside rain or shine.I just got this wknd off to burn up my personal time off before the end of the calender yr otherwise I lose it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.