San Diego Area - Page 1991 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #29851
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I might be free to play Sunday or Monday if anyone is planning anything, CC or Pancake Rock (I believe its still open and might be kinda fun with all the new rain)

Unread 12-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #29852
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
winches and tow straps... just sayin
Worked for me for a long time.

I'd love to do PR on Sunday. That gives me achance to check my upgrades against a trail I know well.
Unread 12-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #29853
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I am anxiously awaiting a response to the offer we put in on a house on Saturday. Our agent says they are waiting til Friday to see if they get any more offers. I'm guessing we won't hear back from the sellers until after Xmas unfortunately. Frustrating!
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #29854
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
I might be up for something. What day do you have in mind???
Maybe monday morning?

After further consideration I have stuff on saturday and an airport trip sunday in the afternoon. Actually, I would not be opposed to tuesday either.

I have not been up to pancake rock in a couple of years. My recollection of it was that it's just a dirt road but I have heard reports that the rains have made it more of a challenge. Maybe it's more like Lawrence Welk now.

Or, the CC trip that got scrubbed last week.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #29855
Phrostione
2013 JK Wrangler 

Is there anywhere near Big Bear to play around in the snow? I can't seem to find a place. I only have a stock JK but I really want to play in the snow a little....just unsure where to go
Phrostione is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #29856
Phrostione
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have a JK Sport that's stock. Can't get too crazy just yet. Getting new AT tires and wheels in a few months.
Phrostione is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #29857
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
I am anxiously awaiting a response to the offer we put in on a house on Saturday. Our agent says they are waiting til Friday to see if they get any more offers. I'm guessing we won't hear back from the sellers until after Xmas unfortunately. Frustrating!
nice dude! what part of town are you guys looking at?
Unread 12-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #29858
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrostione View Post
I have a JK Sport that's stock. Can't get too crazy just yet. Getting new AT tires and wheels in a few months.
there's plenty of dirt roads on the north side of the lake. stop by the discovery center to grab a map. be sure to stop by the counter and get one of the fancy OHV maps. they were pretty stingy with me when i was there last Oct, but they have them behind the counter and they're free. good luck and let someone know where you're headed if you're wheeling alone
Unread 12-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #29859
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJWrangler View Post
If anyone needs any fab work done- my bender and welder are ready. Got a couple buggies and a new Can-Am maverick to work on this weekend but then Im free for Jeep stuff!
good to know... i might hit you up down the road for some bends!
Unread 12-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #29860
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
nice dude! what part of town are you guys looking at?
We put an offer in on a nice big 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house with a big driveway, 2 car garage, nice back yard, over 2,000 square feet, and amazing views in Spring Valley. Great views of the Sweetwater Resevoir from the living room, driveway, yard, and bedrooms and you can even see the ocean from the master bedroom. Would love to stay in OB but its just way too expensive here. Wanted more house for the money so we have been looking inland.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #29861
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

nice man! yea, i dont blame ya dude. i moved out of there a yr ago myself. miss it, but the for what you get price wise....yikes. good luck man!! sounds like a nice place
Unread 12-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #29862
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Maybe monday morning?

After further consideration I have stuff on saturday and an airport trip sunday in the afternoon. Actually, I would not be opposed to tuesday either.

I have not been up to pancake rock in a couple of years. My recollection of it was that it's just a dirt road but I have heard reports that the rains have made it more of a challenge. Maybe it's more like Lawrence Welk now.

Or, the CC trip that got scrubbed last week.
I have confirmed that I am open Sunday only. CC, PR, or LW are all good for me.

Jeff, yes PR is a dirt road, with HUGE ruts and boulders in the way. Not hard for a well-built rig, but lots of fun anyway. There are some more difficult lines to choose, if you want a challenge, plus a rock garden.
Unread 12-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #29863
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
We put an offer in on a nice big 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house with a big driveway, 2 car garage, nice back yard, over 2,000 square feet, and amazing views in Spring Valley. Great views of the Sweetwater Resevoir from the living room, driveway, yard, and bedrooms and you can even see the ocean from the master bedroom. Would love to stay in OB but its just way too expensive here. Wanted more house for the money so we have been looking inland.
Hehe, what road? I literally live right next to the reservoir. I could hop the gate and I'd be right there. I'm off of Circulo Margen.

Best of luck on the house!
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #29864
bengee
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sunday is the only day that really works for me too. Ive been to Corral Canyon already and enjoyed it. Down to do it again or try a new area
bengee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #29865
Speed-Freek
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am down for LW ,thats my stomping grounds, only 10 minutes from my house in Vista, PM me or somethin I would go for sure, I got C/O and hydraulic bumps at all 4 corners now.

So far I havent found anything I couldnt run. I have lockers front and rear too.

I havent been on the forums much lately, just trying to sort myself out, work has been slow and its starting to stress me out, I havent been advertising via forums like I used to.

BTW guys, I have a hydraulic bender, MIG welder, TIG welder, and am a master ASE tech, just been kinda down lately for some reason, but I gotta really get something going. Anybody need any work on their rigs?? I can do pretty much anything from maintenance to full custom cages, etc...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.