San Diego Area - Page 1987 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #29791
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got pics of the coilovers at ride height? Looks like you can adjust the dual rate stops down quite a bit. Also with all the new found flex, the stock control arms are something to keep an eye on. When they twist enough they will crack

Unread 12-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #29792
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

that was going to be my first suggestion... a set of savvy adj control arms. other than that, it looks awesome!
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #29793
Speed-Freek
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Got pics of the coilovers at ride height? Looks like you can adjust the dual rate stops down quite a bit. Also with all the new found flex, the stock control arms are something to keep an eye on. When they twist enough they will crack
I found cracks in all kinds of stuff, was welding like a mad man.....and the stops are at max bottom currently front and rear...but I will handle that pretty soon. I also have limiting straps I took pictures of too but the camera didnt want to spit them out..

Going to cut it all off and build a custom LA system double triangulated in rear and not sure up front yet, I like to go fast...I dont have the ideal driveshaft angle at the moment, surprised its still in 1 piece. I might just extend the stock uppers for now to help with that a bit until I build something better, wouldnt be too hard.

Going to Havasu tonight, taking the Jeep (700mi rd trip) with a little trailer I made from an HF trailer to hold 2 dirtbikes..gonna be fun to try the Jeep out in Az, that place is off-roading heaven, I can drive for days without touching pavement, I can drive all the way to Kingman through the mountains if I get bored, nothing to see there so I dont, lol.

But back on topic, I got a lot to do, just getting it done little by little, but the major issue right now (keeping me from a tummy tuck, for which I already custom built a trans crossmember for) is my driveshaft and my pinion angle (arms) so I gotta a lot to do before that happens.

I am part of Tacoma World forum (I have a custom 98 Tacoma with an LS1/T56 drivetrain) and we had a meet and I was able to outrun a bunch of mid-traveled trucks (in my Jeep) ! I think it was driver, cause if I had one of those trucks, there is no way I would be running sweeper! I would think they would outrun me easily, but apparently not..

Now just waiting for Mr Blaine to come in and point out what I did wrong, lol!
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #29794
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
That would work. I'm in no hurry. If you could hook up with him and I will pay you back with interest (beer) when I see you.
Oh oh.. here we go with the beer again......

Last edited by sdmoose429; 12-13-2012 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: cause I'm an idiot that can't type
sdmoose429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #29795
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Oh oh.. here we go with the berr again......
Mongo like beer. Beer good for you. I drink beer in old country, make me strong like bull.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #29796
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek

I found cracks in all kinds of stuff, was welding like a mad man.....and the stops are at max bottom currently front and rear...but I will handle that pretty soon. I also have limiting straps I took pictures of too but the camera didnt want to spit them out..

Going to cut it all off and build a custom LA system double triangulated in rear and not sure up front yet, I like to go fast...I dont have the ideal driveshaft angle at the moment, surprised its still in 1 piece. I might just extend the stock uppers for now to help with that a bit until I build something better, wouldnt be too hard.

Going to Havasu tonight, taking the Jeep (700mi rd trip) with a little trailer I made from an HF trailer to hold 2 dirtbikes..gonna be fun to try the Jeep out in Az, that place is off-roading heaven, I can drive for days without touching pavement, I can drive all the way to Kingman through the mountains if I get bored, nothing to see there so I dont, lol.

But back on topic, I got a lot to do, just getting it done little by little, but the major issue right now (keeping me from a tummy tuck, for which I already custom built a trans crossmember for) is my driveshaft and my pinion angle (arms) so I gotta a lot to do before that happens.

I am part of Tacoma World forum (I have a custom 98 Tacoma with an LS1/T56 drivetrain) and we had a meet and I was able to outrun a bunch of mid-traveled trucks (in my Jeep) ! I think it was driver, cause if I had one of those trucks, there is no way I would be running sweeper! I would think they would outrun me easily, but apparently not..

Now just waiting for Mr Blaine to come in and point out what I did wrong, lol!
Thanks for the feedback guys.
First thing you did wrong was not start a build thread. I like your idea of a 4link rear. A 3link up front is your best bet.
Unread 12-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #29797
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
First thing you did wrong was not start a build thread. I like your idea of a 4link rear. A 3link up front is your best bet.
Toss some leaf springs under it and be done with it. Fewer moving parts. lol
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #29798
LJWrangler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Brown Santa just dropped off the Antirock!! went with alum arms because it was cheaper $ 363 shipped to my door!
SILVER JEEP CLUB #71

My Build [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-06-lj-build-1449774/[/url]
LJWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #29799
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Toss some leaf springs under it and be done with it. Fewer moving parts. lol
word.
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #29800
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Superstition 15. Jan 19 - 20

OK kids, who all is going to this besides me?
http://www.sd4wheel.com/files/back-mens-tshirt_0.png
Let's plan on a group campsite. I plan on running Black Cat, finally, now that I have the gears and lockers
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #29801
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Let's plan on a group campsite. I plan on running Black Cat, finally, now that I have the gears and lockers
All the cool people will be there.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/...013-a-1430331/

I think this is one of the "cat" trails.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #29802
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm out. Family gathering in Phoenix that weekend.
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #29803
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I wanna go, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. Have to put money away for a family trip to Hawaii this coming summer, and I'll be looking for a new job too. Not looking forward to January.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #29804
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
All the cool people will be there.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/...013-a-1430331/

I think this is one of the "cat" trails.

That looks SO cool. I can't wait. When is the 'warm-up' run, Jeff?
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #29805
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That looks SO cool. I can't wait. When is the 'warm-up' run, Jeff?
Looking like there won't be one. We could go right after xmas but it seems unlikely to be able to go twice in January; it's a little too far for me to justify a day run.

Maybe new years weekend?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.