San Diego Area - Page 1951 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 10-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #29251
Vern Britain
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: El Centro
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I know from doing many many outboard shock jobs that the clearance back there is just downright rude to deal with.

I've never been able to do it with the shocks vertical without making a subframe and even then at full articulation I had to notch into the frame a bit for the spring to clear.

The subframe I built had the outside face even with what used to be the inside face of the original frame.

That is a nice rig there!

__________________
Cant Dive 55

My Website HERE
Vern Britain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #29252
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The subframe I built had the outside face even with what used to be the inside face of the original frame.
Here's a shot where you can see a glimpse of what Blaine is talking about.



Blaine surely built that Jeep to climb.


Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #29253
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,691
So I have my bumpstops pretty well dialed. I'm using a 3" bump pad with a 3.5" piece of 1.25" uhmw attached to it on top of the prothane. That gives me 2" of prothane compression before full bump.

I temporarily added a 1" peice of uhmw to the factory bump tower to keep the tires out of fender. I just need to source a poly replacement for the factory foam bumps to replace the peice of uhmw and then I will be set.

With a 3" air gap before the prothane and 2" of compression in the prothane I have 5" of uptravel. I can get 6" by opening up the inner fenders where the tire rubs under the air box and battery.
image-3820109231.jpg   image-312661689.jpg   image-753944248.jpg   image-2833538197.jpg  
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #29254
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Here's a shot where you can see a glimpse of what Blaine is talking about.



Blaine surely built that Jeep to climb.
no seat belt??

nice rig though..what's the wheel base?
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #29255
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
So I have my bumpstops pretty well dialed. I'm using a 3" bump pad with a 3.5" piece of 1.25" uhmw attached to it on top of the prothane. That gives me 2" of prothane compression before full bump.

I temporarily added a 1" peice of uhmw to the factory bump tower to keep the tires out of fender. I just need to source a poly replacement for the factory foam bumps to replace the peice of uhmw and then I will be set.

With a 3" air gap before the prothane and 2" of compression in the prothane I have 5" of uptravel. I can get 6" by opening up the inner fenders where the tire rubs under the air box and battery.

looking good! did you cut the inner fenders yet?
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #29256
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
no seat belt??

nice rig though..what's the wheel base?
It has 5pt harnessess IIRC. Jon was using the lap belt. Blaine would not be spotting him unless he was belted in.

Blaine knows the wheelbase since he built it, I'd be guessing.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #29257
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by premo

looking good! did you cut the inner fenders yet?
Not yet. I want to do the TNT inner fenders, but I need to get some kind if come style air intake that will pass smog (k&n CAI etc) and a dry cell battery that can sit at an angle on its side like an optima.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #29258
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
It has 5pt harnessess IIRC. Jon was using the lap belt. Blaine would not be spotting him unless he was belted in.

Blaine knows the wheelbase since he built it, I'd be guessing.
awesome...i figured as much dynatrac 60 ft/rr?

ps. wth does IIRC mean? lol
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #29259
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
Not yet. I want to do the TNT inner fenders, but I need to get some kind if come style air intake that will pass smog (k&n CAI etc) and a dry cell battery that can sit at an angle on its side like an optima.
ah, gotcha. i wish i didnt sell the JK with the red top and put in a normal battery in that thing. still kicking myself in the a** on that one...
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #29260
RikRotorhead
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
awesome...i figured as much dynatrac 60 ft/rr?

ps. wth does IIRC mean? lol

If I Recall Correctly.
__________________
Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #29261
MJ12
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rancho San Diego, California
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
Not yet. I want to do the TNT inner fenders, but I need to get some kind if come style air intake that will pass smog (k&n CAI etc) and a dry cell battery that can sit at an angle on its side like an optima.
Climblt,

I believe I have a K&N intake for an XJ. I don't know if its the entire setup or what, but I was told it was for an XJ, its just the comb filter, a 3" metal portion that the filter attaches to as well as having a bung for the vacuum line to the valve cover and a a bracket to attach it to somewhere. I does have the K&N sticker and maybe the CARB number. Anyways, I can bring it up from my parents and you can have it if you like. I will be going to my parents next weekend I believe.
__________________
Currently looking for:
-Leaf Springs that you want to get rid of.
MJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #29262
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ12 View Post
Climblt,

I believe I have a K&N intake for an XJ. I don't know if its the entire setup or what, but I was told it was for an XJ, its just the comb filter, a 3" metal portion that the filter attaches to as well as having a bung for the vacuum line to the valve cover and a a bracket to attach it to somewhere. I does have the K&N sticker and maybe the CARB number. Anyways, I can bring it up from my parents and you can have it if you like. I will be going to my parents next weekend I believe.
That would be awesome! Let me know when you grab it, I can come by and pick It up.

Thanks a lot man.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #29263
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario, Cali
Posts: 6,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
awesome...i figured as much dynatrac 60 ft/rr?

ps. wth does IIRC mean? lol
Nope Currie rockjocks
__________________
My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #29264
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345

Nope Currie rockjocks
Like a boss
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #29265
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead

If I Recall Correctly.
Thank you sir
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.