Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

San Diego Area

2M views 41K replies 369 participants last post by  Joe Dillard 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking to hook up with some beginning to intermediate off-roaders in the San Diego area.

I am a newb to jeeping but not to common sense. I bought a jeep to try, and if I like it I will buy another and give this one to my daughter.

I am truly a quick learner and looking for other beginners or some old salt that is just willing to share the wisdom of their experience.

I would like to go jeeping at least once a month and of course more during the learning stages.

Currently, fire roads are all I have found around hear and a few construction areas.

What I am proposing is that all the way south newbs UNITE... if we can find some old salts to come along we can all learn faster. But I say lets get this thing rolling...

WHO IS WITH ME....?

Current jeep is

88 YJ
31x10.5.15 BFG ATs
I6 258 carbed
Pretty good condition but I am replacing all the parts that should have been replaced ages ago. (Hoses/clamps/Top etc...)
(The jeep sat for 3 years so I'm shaking out all the cobwebs...)

See less See more
Reactions: w6pea
#37,307 ·
#37,309 ·
Taking the CJ to Action Cylinder Heads in Santee on Friday. They apparently can diagnose a head gasket for $50
Took the cj today and dude didn't even do anything. He smelled the exhaust and said it's a tune issue. Smells too rich. So I took it to Roy Wheeler on Greenfield at the recommendation of MIT. They have already fixed my cooling problem and are halfway done with the fuel problem. Waiting on parts till Monday. Looks like I'll be in almost driving condition by next week.

#37,310 ·
Took the cj today and dude didn't even do anything. He smelled the exhaust and said it's a tune issue. Smells too rich. So I took it to Roy Wheeler on Greenfield at the recommendation of MIT. They have already fixed my cooling problem and are halfway done with the fuel problem. Waiting on parts till Monday. Looks like I'll be in almost driving condition by next week.
so what exhaust shop did you take it to? so I know not to go there.

#37,320 ·
So what's been going on around here lately? Been MIA since the move down the mountain in May and getting the new house dialed in. Any runs planned anytime soon?
Hey. Do you still have the jeep?