San Diego Area - Page 1857 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 07-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #27841
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Just incase anyone cares, I almost have the jeep back on the road.
Looking awesome, Chris. Can't wait to get on the trail BEHIND you. (that way you can pull me through the hard stuff).

Unread 07-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #27842
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdualsport View Post
take some pics at ride height

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #27843
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJDesertRacer View Post
s promised, pictures of the damage. It doesnt look as bad as I thought. Removing the track bar helped to straighten some of it out.

The drivers knuckle and steering wheel are both at straight ahead.

make sure the axle is level, and then use an angle finder to measure the tilt of the inner C. make sure both sides are the same.

from this picture it looks like you either killed your balljoints, or bent the inner C and/or housing.

I'm not sure if a WJ 30 housing is different than an XJ hp30.. IE bracketry, but if it isn't just get on at a JY and swap your knuckles over.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #27844
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
make sure the axle is level, and then use an angle finder to measure the tilt of the inner C. make sure both sides are the same.

from this picture it looks like you either killed your balljoints, or bent the inner C and/or housing.

I'm not sure if a WJ 30 housing is different than an XJ hp30.. IE bracketry, but if it isn't just get on at a JY and swap your knuckles over.
Im not worried about the brackets I can weld on new ones. Pick your part is half off starting wednesday.

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #27845
were_wolf
1959 CJ5 

hey guys don't mean to interrupt i didn't see a welcome/intro section in the san diego area so i guess ill just say hi to everyone here. I am in Ramona and just bought a 59 jeep that i gotta build and put togather
anyways back to your regular chat
were_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #27846
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by were_wolf View Post
hey guys don't mean to interrupt i didn't see a welcome/intro section in the san diego area so i guess ill just say hi to everyone here. I am in Ramona and just bought a 59 jeep that i gotta build and put togather
anyways back to your regular chat
Welcome, this is pretty much the general chat and BS area. The first on-road vehicle I ever owed was a 1954 CJ3, gotta love the old iron.

So what's the plan? Dana 60s, hemi? ...
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #27847
were_wolf
1959 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Welcome, this is pretty much the general chat and BS area. The first on-road vehicle I ever owed was a 1954 CJ3, gotta love the old iron.

So what's the plan? Dana 60s, hemi? ...
right now it has a 283 chevy v8 i think i am going to keep the stock drive train and stuff after its rebuilt. I think it has dana 18 but i am not too sure, i know it has a 3speed. hopefully when my friend gets back he can help me rebuild it lol
plan right now is to the jeep together ( the guy who had it before me took it all apart)
Unread 07-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #27848
were_wolf
1959 CJ5 

oh and what are a blazer front/rear axle and 4 speed tranny worth? the came with and i don't think i need them
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #27849
shoe83
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone want to help me rebuild my NP231? My chain is slipping in 4wd. I have a the rebuild kit and a new chain. I am happy to bring beer and food for assistance. I am free all weekend.
shoe83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #27850
mtndrew
1983 CJ7 

To were wolf when u say 4 speed do u mean manual sm465 or auto just checking. I've been hunting for a good 4 speed
mtndrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #27851
were_wolf
1959 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtndrew View Post
To were wolf when u say 4 speed do u mean manual sm465 or auto just checking. I've been hunting for a good 4 speed
its a manual but other than that not too sure, i think its a granny four speed but idk( when i bough the jeep they had a bunch of blazer stuff they gave me )
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #27852
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe83 View Post
Anyone want to help me rebuild my NP231? My chain is slipping in 4wd. I have a the rebuild kit and a new chain. I am happy to bring beer and food for assistance. I am free all weekend.
If I wasnt out town we could do yours then do the sye and novak for mine but to bad Im out of town for work Are you worried you cant/havent done it yourself?
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #27853
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have seen the future... it is not good.

Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #27854
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I got my Nalin speaker adapters in today and I'm ready to install the new speakers. I've got the Polk Audio DB 521 fronts and DB 651 rears. Do you think I should re wire with a 12 guage wire or will the factory stuff be fine? Also, does anybody want to help me install these? It's quite possible I'll burn the Jeep to the ground if I do this myself.
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #27855
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtndrew View Post
My 1964 FJ40 had the SM465. That thing is bullet proof, weighs almost a ton and takes a good second to shift between gears if your proficient. Also very easy to rebuild.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.