San Diego Area - Page 1854 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 06-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #27796
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
We will be able to get the BH, but it's still in the vehicle and he didn't yet know when he was going to pull it and I will post up as soon as I know different.
Fantastic. I am on the edge of my seat. I do appreciate your helping with this.

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #27797
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I've run out of new material with you and worn out all the old ones. Need some help here.
All I've got on short notice. Good times.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #27798
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

oh mike.

big thanks to tom 1990jeepXJ for helping me put on my new (to me) steering box and Front bumper today

I still need to:
re-locate all the crap that was behind the stock bumper: vacuum canister, wiring etc.
find a place for my lights
fab up some sort of headlight protection
etc
etc
etc.
Climbit is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #27799
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Was there an eclipes at your house today - or did you guys burn the midnight oil to get er done?
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #27800
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

nah, took the jeep up to tom's work in esco, then had an enjoyable evening at stone. these were taken post stone.
Climbit is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #27801
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Got this installed on Monday. have i ever said how much i HATE hydraulic fluid? well, i HATE hydraulic fluid. probably more then hipsters, hippies and goths.

then cut the end off this guy to weld a new bung and rod end on it. in the background to the left are my hydraulic lines for the ram. to the left are a whole lot of rock lights

i ended up using a bung off an old JK procomp track bar but didnt like the way it came out and lined up etc so i cut it back off after i welded it on. i'm just going to pick up a new one at ORW. more to follow

Unread 06-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #27802
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
All I've got on short notice. Good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uxmTObGBfU
do you have that video anywhere of me launching the JK over the dunes with Matt a few years back? i swear i could of cleared a series of mini vans on the one jump lol
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #27803
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey folks,
I'm a member of Geared4Fun and we put on a big fun annual charitable offroad fundraiser event out in the SOCAL desert near Ocotillo Wells for disabled/paralyzed U.S. military veterans.
Before we can post the link to it elsewhere, we need more LIKES at Operation Desert Fun (ODF) | Facebook
Please click Like on our Facebook page and help us out!
And if you can make it to the event, we'd love to have you! And if you can't, please register anyway if you can since it's for a very good cause.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #27804
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Hey folks,
I'm a member of Geared4Fun and we put on a big fun annual charitable offroad fundraiser event out in the SOCAL desert near Ocotillo Wells for disabled/paralyzed U.S. military veterans.
Before we can post the link to it elsewhere, we need more LIKES at Operation Desert Fun (ODF) | Facebook
Please click Like on our Facebook page and help us out!
And if you can make it to the event, we'd love to have you! And if you can't, please register anyway if you can since it's for a very good cause.
Liked and shared
Looks like a perfect cause!
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #27805
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I ordered some new speakers, Nalin dash speaker adapter, Kicker Sub for the center console and an amp the other day. I took the center console out tonight to get a head start on the install and I discovered the Jeep never had a center console sub. . It had the cutout for it so I ASSuMEd it had a sub in there at one time.

Anyway, I'm now looking for a center console that can take a subwoofer. Blaine said he might have one, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #27806
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
do you have that video anywhere of me launching the JK over the dunes with Matt a few years back? i swear i could of cleared a series of mini vans on the one jump lol
I think I only had pix, someone had video but I forget who. Maybe Eric, but he never comes in here anymore.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #27807
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krughzn View Post
I ordered some new speakers, Nalin dash speaker adapter, Kicker Sub for the center console and an amp the other day. I took the center console out tonight to get a head start on the install and I discovered the Jeep never had a center console sub. . It had the cutout for it so I ASSuMEd it had a sub in there at one time.

Anyway, I'm now looking for a center console that can take a subwoofer. Blaine said he might have one, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
If you can't find one you could remove the tray from the one you have now, build a MDF box and place it inside. Considering the stock subwoofer console practically has no space anyways. The sound would be better, especially since you could build a box that would meet the space requirements for the kicker and still fit in inside the console. Your only real loss is the space to store a cell phone or you wallet. Just a thought...
I believe there are some writes up on here on building a box to fit, with measurements and diagrams.
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #27808
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

My old TJ came with a crappy sub, and after the first week I decided it needed to go...

I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #27809
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I put a 12" Alpine, in a custom box, in my old TJ. The sub was to much for me and took up way to much room. I'd love to be able to make a box inside the console, but I'd rather just get one that is set up already. I don't need that much base.
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #27810
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

I think that one was only an 8 inch, and the amp was pretty tiny. Way overkill for that sub. If you can swing it, I vote you try to retro-fit a stock sub box like I did. If you can find one that is. It sounded great even with the top off. Nice and full sound, not too much "clown car" thumping. Plus you could really feel the bass since it was damn near touching the seat.
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.