San Diego Area - Page 1814 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #27196
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Andy,
Pretty much, but...How about putting the ID10T lights in a VERTICAL row, move the speedo and tach closer, then flank them with the Oil pressure and Temp gauges. Then you can scoot the other gauges over and put your ham rig in the dash,too. Maybe?? That also gives you lots of room for more bells and whistles, (translation: switches and other controls).
And...you can stack the Fuel and Volts gauges and add Trans Temp, Oil temp, Altitude (), etc.

Unread 05-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #27197
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Taylor,

Check the ground(s). Especially the negative battery cable where it connects to the engine or frame, whichever yours is. JM2CW
2x
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #27198
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just got some goodies from Gerald(Savvy) I'll get the front bump stop in another package to complete all the necessary items to relocated rear spring, outboard rear shocks and extend the front shocks.
image-3149345337.jpg  
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #27199
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto
Just got some goodies from Gerald(Savvy) I'll get the front bump stop in another package to complete all the necessary items to relocated rear spring, outboard rear shocks and extend the front shocks.
Very nice! Who are you having do the out boarding and spring relocation?
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #27200
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krughzn

Very nice! Who are you having do the out boarding and spring relocation?
Im hoping Blaine's schedule gets open a little so he can work on my TJ. I know he his busy at the moment but as soon as get a green light from him I'll drive it up to him.
Unread 05-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #27201
nuthead
2012 JK Wrangler 

Or you could take it to Chappelles in El Cajon off Pioneer rd. Dave does all my custom stuff, he just finished my rear cage and front trackbar mount. Then you wouldnt have to take it so far. Daves # is (619)588-1263
Unread 05-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #27202
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

what store do you guys recommend for buy a good set of front HPDana30 and rear Rubicon gears? I finally decided to jump to 4.56 gears...

What brand do you guys suggest ?
Unread 05-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #27203
GOWAD
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto
what store do you guys recommend for buy a good set of front HPDana30 and rear Rubicon gears? I finally decided to jump to 4.56 gears...

Hay Robert did you fix your Trans ?
Also what gears do you have now on the jeep I'm also looking to gear. Let me know if you find a good place to take it I will be looking for some 4:10 for my D30 I found a 8.8 here at the yard that I'm picking up soon.
GOWAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #27204
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post

The most recent set of gears I purchased, I got through John, at Border Parts in Spring Valley.

I wanted a set of 4.56 Spicers, but Spicer discontinued making them for the differential I needed them for. I ended up getting a set of Motive Gears, which are made in Italy.

As a heads-up, John likes to deal with repeat customers & his prices will varry according to his mood, your attitude, patience, and demeanor. I thoroughly enjoy spending my money there, and he always seems to enjoy taking it.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #27205
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
The most recent set of gears I purchased, I got through John, at Border Parts in Spring Valley.

I wanted a set of 4.56 Spicers, but Spicer discontinued making them for the differential I needed them for. I ended up getting a set of Motive Gears, which are made in Italy.

As a heads-up, John likes to deal with repeat customers & his prices will varry according to his mood, your attitude, patience, and demeanor. I thoroughly enjoy spending my money there, and he always seems to enjoy taking it.
I would also second Border Parts, you can get what you need without the wait. As Joe mentioned, go in there with a positive attitude and your get a deal. John's prices do vary, but its a great business/junk yard of parts. I am not even sure how he has it organized, if you walk in there it looks like a hoarders place of business.

Ive also purchased from http://www.ringpinion.com/ and so has my brother in-law.
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #27206
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWAD View Post
Hay Robert did you fix your Trans ?
Also what gears do you have now on the jeep I'm also looking to gear. Let me know if you find a good place to take it I will be looking for some 4:10 for my D30 I found a 8.8 here at the yard that I'm picking up soon.
Yes i did fix the my tranny issues, I just got the jeep this passed Monday.
I currently have 4.10 gears, let me know if you are interested on them the front is a LP Dana 30
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #27207
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Joe and MJ12,
Ill go over with them during my lunch break to tell him what I need.
What's he's average price for gears and installation? Does he install locker also?

Joe what is your feed back on the Motive Gears? I have seen them on sell for 10 or 20 dollar cheaper that the other brands.
No complains or dislikes ?
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #27208
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks Joe and MJ12,
What's he's average price for gears and installation? Does he install locker also?

Joe what is your feed back on the Motive Gears? I have seen them on sell for 10 or 20 dollar cheaper that the other brands.
No complains or dislikes ?
Here is a link to a very nice gear calculator, gives you a choice for your 32 rh and then you can plug in axle ratios, tire sizes and see what rpms you come up with at different speeds. Gives a you a pretty good idea where things are at.

http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #27209
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Thanks Joe and MJ12,
they dropped my ARB in for 250.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #27210
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
they dropped my ARB in for 250.
Border Parts also did my HP30; ARB, new seals, 4:88's, same price. Dropped it off in the afternoon, picked it up the next day. Good folks and I scored some free popcorn

I have another HP30 I'll be taking out to them soon for the same setup
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.