San Diego Area - Page 1803 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockRubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 04-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #27031
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Like this?

Yes. Not that color though, and I didn't see if there was one on the hood.

Unread 04-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #27032
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed-freek View Post
dont use a gasket for the oilpan!! They will just eventually fail, i clean the block and oilpan surface really well using brake clean, then go get yourself some permatex "the right stuff!" comes in a aerosol can like cheese whiz, put a good bead on the pan and install, this way you have a permanent seal that will not ever fail.

I dont remember the last time i used a pan gasket, use the sealant where applicable is far better than any gaskets unless they are the aluminum/silicon type.
x2!
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #27033
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek View Post
Dont use a gasket for the oilpan!! They will just eventually fail, I clean the block and oilpan surface really well using brake clean, then go get yourself some Permatex "The right stuff!" comes in a aerosol can like cheese whiz, put a good bead on the pan and install, this way you have a permanent seal that will not ever fail.

I dont remember the last time I used a pan gasket, use the sealant where applicable is far better than any gaskets unless they are the aluminum/silicon type.
Thanks for the info. I actually have a two brand new cans of that, not sure why I did not think to use it. Any input on replacement oil pans? I know some times with different manuafactures your get variations where some fit better then others.
MJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #27034
04axeman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

jason, any update fo a video this last weekend?
04axeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #27035
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04axeman View Post
jason, any update fo a video this last weekend?
No, I haven't really got around to it yet. Probably wont get to it till this weekend. I spent half the day yesterday chopping my trailer and re-welding it. Then I spent the rest of the day cleaning up after my grinding and reorganizing the garage so that I could fit the trailer on its side in my garage with the jeep.
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #27036
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ12 View Post
No, I haven't really got around to it yet. Probably wont get to it till this weekend. I spent half the day yesterday chopping my trailer and re-welding it. Then I spent the rest of the day cleaning up after my grinding and reorganizing the garage so that I could fit the trailer on its side in my garage with the jeep.
pics or it never happened.
Climbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #27037
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just picked up Rubi 44's pumps and all for 2000. They looked super clean on the outside and when I cracked them open same thing. As long as the lockers and pumps work I think I got a steal.
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #27038
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsouthjeep View Post
Just picked up Rubi 44's pumps and all for 2000. They looked super clean on the outside and when I cracked them open same thing. As long as the lockers and pumps work I think I got a steal.
Bolt right in...

Now you need to find a NP241J
CRAWLING 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #27039
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

painted the skid today. and yes, I touched it up after it was under the jeep.

unfortunately, my CEL is back, its probably a crank or cam sensor. the key trick did not work to get me the code. and I am working the rest of the week, so the mechanic will have to take care of it.

BUT

I think I have saturday off. so I want to do a shakedown run... its been more than a year since I've wheeled, and I want to see how the skid does. I won't know until later this week if the CEL will be taken care of in time, but either this or next weekend I will be wheeling!
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #27040
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
painted the skid today. and yes, I touched it up after it was under the jeep.

unfortunately, my CEL is back, its probably a crank or cam sensor. the key trick did not work to get me the code. and I am working the rest of the week, so the mechanic will have to take care of it.

BUT

I think I have saturday off. so I want to do a shakedown run... its been more than a year since I've wheeled, and I want to see how the skid does. I won't know until later this week if the CEL will be taken care of in time, but either this or next weekend I will be wheeling!
Is it running ok? The CEL might just be a gas cap or something...wheel it anyway
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #27041
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Is it running ok? The CEL might just be a gas cap or something...wheel it anyway
it runs fine. but if I am running around and it is hot, it occasionally stutters on re-start. I have had the code cleared twice to make sure its not something that easy.

I'd spend more time figuring it out and take care of it myself but I have to work all week.
Unread 04-24-2012, 01:05 AM   #27042
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
pics or it never happened.
My brother in-law said the same thing. I'll post them in the morning....
Unread 04-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #27043
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
it runs fine. but if I am running around and it is hot, it occasionally stutters on re-start. I have had the code cleared twice to make sure its not something that easy.

I'd spend more time figuring it out and take care of it myself but I have to work all week.
I have a scanner that can also read live data and of course clear CES. You can borrow it as long you don't break it. :-) I work in point Loma and am home by 1600 every day. Just let me know if you want to use it.
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #27044
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj12

My brother in-law said the same thing. I'll post them in the morning....

forumrunner_20120424_074812.jpg

forumrunner_20120424_074630.jpg
Unread 04-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #27045
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Bolted in my new muffler yesterday, amazing how quiet these engines are when they have a good muffler on them

Also put in some new Pioneer 4" speakers into my soundbar. My old ones were rotted apart and had all but blown up, these new ones comfortably pump out sound where the old ones were screaming for mercy

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.