San Diego Area - Page 1800 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #26986
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWAD

hay man i have a trans siting here from my last setup you can have if you want for now till you fix yours it shifted smooth i just didn't have the tc lock hooked its a 32rh ....

and i know places close by here in Mexicali MX that do hell of a job with trans you just have to take it out of the jeep and we can just cross with just the transs to get it fix keep in mind i live in imperial ca 5MI away of superstition
so if you want my old trans you can have it
if you want my buddy's shop take your trans out and get it rebuilt in MX we can do that for you too for allot less than what that shop is telling you
Thanks for the help but if you are not sure about selling it I think I'll just have to bite the bullet and find another shop that will do the work cheap like you said in Mexico labor is way cheaper

TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #26987
GOWAD
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

hay man i have a trans siting here from my last setup you can have if you want for now till you fix yours it shifted smooth i just didn't have the tc lock hooked its a 32rh ....

and i know places close by here in Mexicali MX that do hell of a job with trans you just have to take it out of the jeep and we can just cross with just the transs to get it fix keep in mind i live in imperial ca 5MI away of superstition
so if you want my old trans you can have it
if you want my buddy's shop take your trans out and get it rebuilt in MX we can do that for you too for allot less than what that shop is telling you
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Thanks for the help but if you are not sure about selling it I think I'll just have to bite the bullet and find another shop that will do the work cheap like you said in Mexico labor is way cheaper
um..... i was not trying to sell you anything ? only the gas money that you will be spending coming over here and back the trans is in westmorland that's about 105MI away from SD keep in mind it's a good trans but i dont feel good selling it to some one 1st i never hook up the locking TC so i don't know with that 20,000MI that it have on it it over heated or not also we changed the TC holes to match my old flywheel so that's why i was going to give it to you and it works shifts like a champ
GOWAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #26988
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

um..... i was not trying to sell you anything ? only the gas money that you will be spending coming over here and back the trans is in westmorland that's about 105MI away from SD keep in mind it's a good trans but i dont feel good selling it to some one 1st i never hook up the locking TC so i don't know with that 20,000MI that it have on it it over heated or not also we changed the TC holes to match my old flywheel so that's why i was going to give it to you and it works shifts like a champ
Pm sent
Unread 04-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #26989
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post

have i ever told you guys about my experience at Midway Jeep when i went in for a quote for repair after i drove over that altima?? LOL
Yes.
Unread 04-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #26990
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
While we're on the topic or **** or shady service.

Had the infamous P0016 code thrown last week after a BL/MML. I knew there was a whole can of worms going on surrounding that code and issues with camshaft/OPDA gears in 05/06 models. While searching JF for what it could be I figured that maybe we hit the OPDA while putting in the MML and threw the timing off or possibly hit the sensor. Either way, the Jeep was running on "limp" mode and capping at 3500 RPMs due to the malfunctioning sensor.

The Jeep sounded fine and did not have any knocking, screaming, or any other unusual noises coming from the OPDA or any where else so I took it to the dealership (Rancho Chrysler off Balboa) to see if they could figure it out. They told me it was the cam and crank sensor and estimated it would be $85 for parts and $300 for R&R. I let out a laugh and told him to just order the parts and I'd do it myself. 20 minutes is all it took. Rounding to .5 labor units would put their shop at $600/labor unit. WTF? I did have to take it back to get the engine code cleared due to the sensors needing to be re-synced ($50).

I hate dealerships!
Me, too. What is OPDA? Haven't seen that one yet....
Unread 04-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #26991
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWAD View Post
This sounds like a good time to hit Superstition, too.
Unread 04-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #26992
Gomez
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Me, too. What is OPDA? Haven't seen that one yet....
OPDA = Oil pump drive assembly. There are a few hundred pages here on JF that go into detail about the issue. It's only for 05/06 model TJs.
[COLOR="White"][B][SIZE="3"]White Jeep Club #1904[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[U][B]Useful Write-ups:[/B][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-forum-faq-615132/"]TJ FAQ[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp (A must read)[/URL]
[URL="http://pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/index.html"]Recovery Tips[/URL]
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #26993
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks to GOWAD, for letting me have the 32rh tranny that he is not going to use. I'll be going to pick it up this weekend.

I called Sparkys to check how much he would charge to take out the burned tranny and replace it with GOWAD tranny and according to him the minimum charge is $600 with out anything else going wrong in the install
Im still undecided if I should go that rout.
After deciding to bring my jeep back to my parents house he said it was $75 for a joy ride and taking off the skid plate to inspect the oil pan of the tranny.
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #26994
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks to GOWAD, for letting me have the 32rh tranny that he is not going to use. I'll be going to pick it up this weekend.

I called Sparkys to check how much he would charge to take out the burned tranny and replace it with GOWAD tranny and according to him the minimum charge is $600 with out anything else going wrong in the install
Im still undecided if I should go that rout.
After deciding to bring my jeep back to my parents house he said it was $75 for a joy ride and taking off the skid plate to inspect the oil pan of the tranny.

Did you figure out yet that buying the cheapest part you can find isn't always the smart way to go?

I'm not quite following the 32RH that sounds like it came out of the YJ, but if you can't hook up the Torque Convertor Lock-up circuit, you will need to get a manual trans PCM so you won't have a continual check engine light on.

If it does have the plug on the back of the trans, you need to make sure you use the right torque convertor that has the clutch plates in it that can lock up.
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #26995
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Did you figure out yet that buying the cheapest part you can find isn't always the smart way to go?

I'm not quite following the 32RH that sounds like it came out of the YJ, but if you can't hook up the Torque Convertor Lock-up circuit, you will need to get a manual trans PCM so you won't have a continual check engine light on.

If it does have the plug on the back of the trans, you need to make sure you use the right torque convertor that has the clutch plates in it that can lock up.
The tranny that is currently in my TJ it came out of a 98 TJ sahara, it does have the plug in the back of the tranny, and I used the original torque converter that came with the tranny
Unread 04-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #26996
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The tranny that is currently in my TJ it came out of a 98 TJ sahara, it does have the plug in the back of the tranny, and I used the original torque converter that came with the tranny
I understand that part and did from the start. The part that concerns me is the different trans you are going to use or are considering using.

Just make sure of the things I warned you about.
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #26997
StvDiego

^^ In the FWIW category: I got a couple of things from this guy in Chula Vista yesterday, he has a couple of TJ's he is parting out while rebuilding his TJ, one was rolled (5-speed) the other was a flood recovery (auto). He also buys wrecked TJ's at the auction and parts them out. If you need a new ECM to make the other tranny work he may have one, he has a ton of parts sitting around:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/pts/2958366929.html
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #26998
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego
^^ In the FWIW category: I got a couple of things from this guy in Chula Vista yesterday, he has a couple of TJ's he is parting out while rebuilding his TJ, one was rolled (5-speed) the other was a flood recovery (auto). He also buys wrecked TJ's at the auction and parts them out. If you need a new ECM to make the other tranny work he may have one, he has a ton of parts sitting around:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/pts/2958366929.html
Thanks for the heads up,
I called and he is only selling the 5speed
Unread 04-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #26999
GOWAD
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Robert the trans that i have i think its off of 95 yj or 94
GOWAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #27000
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone want to go out on Saturday to CC or Pancake Rock? Right now it appears myself and two others will be going out, just have not totally decided on where we are going.
MJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.