San Diego Area - Page 1799 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #26971
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ12 View Post
x2
Just remember to take your time and make sure all the parts you take out get put back in.
That always helps, kinda funny when you have a bunch of clutch plates and a band still sitting on the bench when you are done

Unread 04-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #26972
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
That always helps, kinda funny when you have a buch of clutch plates and a band still sitting on the bench when you are done
My much younger siblings thought it was fun to use a few of the clutch plates as frisbess. Needless to say they were replaced...
MJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #26973
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
That always helps, kinda funny when you have a buch of clutch plates and a band still sitting on the bench when you are done
Doh! I HATE when that happens
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #26974
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Many years ago when I worked at a dealership it was always a fun time to toss a bunch of random bolts and parts into someones rebuild project.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #26975
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Many years ago when I worked at a dealership it was always a fun time to toss a bunch of random bolts and parts into someones rebuild project.
You are the
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #26976
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
They have not removed it yet, he said that to be sure he had to remove the pan before removing it completely... I just don't know if I should let them keep on working on it, or just find another place. $1100 is still way out of my budget
above and beyond the shiesty s*** bob tried to pull on my for my mustang T5 rebuild, his rebuild wasn't the best either. 2nd gear made a horrible constant whining sound and he either used inferior chinese products or the old return spring for 5/R, was near impossible sometimes to get out of 5th after 8 or so months, etc. oh yea, he put on the wrong tail shaft bushing. the original was on there when i gave it to him, i just bought a new one and did it myself. then his lovely paint job he, sorry...his buddy with a transmission shop across town, did when he gave me another (it was mine, i know the tag ID) tranmisssion from another 94-95 5.0 GT. oh yea, his orginal price was 750. i told him to do a bench test prior to any work. i told him EXACTLY what all neede to be replaced prior to the work being done and NOT TO WORK ON IT prior to an estimate. he called me back 2 days later saying the price was 1500 or 1400, i dont recall. i told him to put it back together and i would rebuild it myself. there was silence....then the price dropped. i told him i'd come get it later that day. he called me a little bit later...price dropped again, same thing, etc. then magically his buddy had my transmission in stock for the magical price of $750 with his warranty and would have it around the time i'd be there. yea, no dude. highly doubt that. anywho, i went to pick up his friends transmission (did i mention it was mine) with fresh spray paint on it. long story short, the dude went ahead and did the work without my approval (it said clearly on the work order TO CALL FIRST) then tried to stiff me on the price then lied about this other transmission. I dont know if there are any mustang guys on this forum, but SN95 5.0 manuals transmissions don't grow on trees. the housing and input shaft are different. oh yea, the broken zip tie was still on it that held my harness to the case.

did i mention the crap work?

be warned. Jeff said he's had good results with him though so who knows.

bitter.....party of one. your table is ready lol
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #26977
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
above and beyond the shiesty s*** bob tried to pull on my for my mustang T5 rebuild, his rebuild wasn't the best either. 2nd gear made a horrible constant whining sound and he either used inferior chinese products or the old return spring for 5/R, was near impossible sometimes to get out of 5th after 8 or so months, etc. oh yea, he put on the wrong tail shaft bushing. the original was on there when i gave it to him, i just bought a new one and did it myself. then his lovely paint job he, sorry...his buddy with a transmission shop across town, did when he gave me another (it was mine, i know the tag ID) tranmisssion from another 94-95 5.0 GT. oh yea, his orginal price was 750. i told him to do a bench test prior to any work. i told him EXACTLY what all neede to be replaced prior to the work being done and NOT TO WORK ON IT prior to an estimate. he called me back 2 days later saying the price was 1500 or 1400, i dont recall. i told him to put it back together and i would rebuild it myself. there was silence....then the price dropped. i told him i'd come get it later that day. he called me a little bit later...price dropped again, same thing, etc. then magically his buddy had my transmission in stock for the magical price of $750 with his warranty and would have it around the time i'd be there. yea, no dude. highly doubt that. anywho, i went to pick up his friends transmission (did i mention it was mine) with fresh spray paint on it. long story short, the dude went ahead and did the work without my approval (it said clearly on the work order TO CALL FIRST) then tried to stiff me on the price then lied about this other transmission. I dont know if there are any mustang guys on this forum, but SN95 5.0 manuals transmissions don't grow on trees. the housing and input shaft are different. oh yea, the broken zip tie was still on it that held my harness to the case.

Well at the moment I ill have to get the Jeep from him and leave it at my parents for a couple of weeks until i figure what will be the best choice$$ for me.

thanks for the input Premo
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #26978
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I knew you were not happy but don't think I ever heard the whole story. I have had Bob work on two cars for me and have sent a couple others there but it seems pretty clear you got a raw deal.
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #26979
GOWAD
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Well at the moment I ill have to get the Jeep from him and leave it at my parents for a couple of weeks until i figure what will be the best choice$$ for me.

thanks for the input Premo
hay man i have a trans siting here from my last setup you can have if you want for now till you fix yours it shifted smooth i just didn't have the tc lock hooked its a 32rh ....

and i know places close by here in Mexicali MX that do hell of a job with trans you just have to take it out of the jeep and we can just cross with just the transs to get it fix keep in mind i live in imperial ca 5MI away of superstition
so if you want my old trans you can have it
if you want my buddy's shop take your trans out and get it rebuilt in MX we can do that for you too for allot less than what that shop is telling you
GOWAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #26980
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Jason,

This whole thing sounds like a good one for the BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair) to get into. Most of these guys know I'm a service manager, so this kind of Illegal and downright RUDE treatment needs to be addressed and STOPPED! How long ago was it?

Another jewel of wisdom I'd offer is that anyone, even me but not Jeff, can screw up once in a while. That's what warranties are for. But crappy work, combined with poor treatment and outright cheating is not acceptable. IMHO. JMTCW
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #26981
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
so........

I might..MIGHT.... be doing a shakedown run on sunday to test my new skid.

depends on whether or not it gets done in time, which I will not know until later this week.

if anyone is interested I am thinking CC.

I will know more when I get home from vegas tomorrow.
Did you get your skid plate on? Going to CC this weekend?
MJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #26982
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Jason,

This whole thing sounds like a good one for the BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair) to get into. Most of these guys know I'm a service manager, so this kind of Illegal and downright RUDE treatment needs to be addressed and STOPPED! How long ago was it?

Another jewel of wisdom I'd offer is that anyone, even me but not Jeff, can screw up once in a while. That's what warranties are for. But crappy work, combined with poor treatment and outright cheating is not acceptable. IMHO. JMTCW
No kidding. As I have said my experiences there have been all good but maybe I was the exception and Jason's situation was the norm. In any case it always seems that too many people seem to have bad experiences with auto repair.
Unread 04-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #26983
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Jason,

exactly, things happen, people make mistakes. i can deal with that. dude straight faced LIED to me....then tried to take me thru the freaking ringer when he realized he screwed it. it clearly stated to only perform an inspection and to call me prior to any work being done. i think it was a year or so ago...i gave the reciepts to the current mustang owner last month when i sold it. took me a second to figure out what JMTCW meant lol

oh yea, when i went to pick it up you could still smell the fresh spray paint. i made a comment when i was loading it in the back of the other mustang, somethign to the effect of "the paint still smells fresh eh?". He just gave me the 'go f*** yourself' look. If he just would have told me he screwed up and rebuilt it without asking me it would have been a different story. oh yea, his price went from 750 to 14or1500 because he had to replace the 1/2gear and the synchros. yea dude, thats part of the rebuild kit. and i told you that before i gave it to you...and a 1/2nd T5 gear only costs 90 bucks at most. suck it.

This was the first time in i'd say about 12 years that i've brought my car to a mechanic...for this EXACT reason. last time was the infamous roller rocker helicoil incident. i'll spare the details, but they should have used a metric kit. otherwise i wouldnt have had a destroyed aluminum head and wouldn't have had to find another one in a junk yard, rebuild that and install myself. ugh

have i ever told you guys about my experience at Midway Jeep when i went in for a quote for repair after i drove over that altima?? LOL
Unread 04-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #26984
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ12 View Post
Did you get your skid plate on? Going to CC this weekend?
not yet, hoping to get it mounted up saturday.

I may end up being busy sunday morning, but IF we do get it mounted on saturday, then I do want to try it out.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #26985
Gomez
2006 TJ Wrangler 

While we're on the topic or **** or shady service.

Had the infamous P0016 code thrown last week after a BL/MML. I knew there was a whole can of worms going on surrounding that code and issues with camshaft/OPDA gears in 05/06 models. While searching JF for what it could be I figured that maybe we hit the OPDA while putting in the MML and threw the timing off or possibly hit the sensor. Either way, the Jeep was running on "limp" mode and capping at 3500 RPMs due to the malfunctioning sensor.

The Jeep sounded fine and did not have any knocking, screaming, or any other unusual noises coming from the OPDA or any where else so I took it to the dealership (Rancho Chrysler off Balboa) to see if they could figure it out. They told me it was the cam and crank sensor and estimated it would be $85 for parts and $300 for R&R. I let out a laugh and told him to just order the parts and I'd do it myself. 20 minutes is all it took. Rounding to .5 labor units would put their shop at $600/labor unit. WTF? I did have to take it back to get the engine code cleared due to the sensors needing to be re-synced ($50).

I hate dealerships!
[COLOR="White"][B][SIZE="3"]White Jeep Club #1904[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[U][B]Useful Write-ups:[/B][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-forum-faq-615132/"]TJ FAQ[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp (A must read)[/URL]
[URL="http://pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/index.html"]Recovery Tips[/URL]
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.