San Diego Area - Page 1754 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #26296
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek View Post
I didnt get the memo..
I wasnt sure how it would turn out, but I can probably make more in the future, I certainly have more aluminum...
I was going to see how this one turned out and maybe I will make others, but this sucker was labor intensive to say the least..
I was looking for a new skid plate since I completely destroyed my stock one, and I even beefed it up! So the new onoe will sit higher and hopefull be a little more tough, I may even add on some sort of slider to the bottom of the skid.

Hope it doesnt rain on me today!!
Soooo you could make more huh? Is this for the 20gallon YJ tank?

I need to buy or make a skid plate for my new 20gal tank. I'm upgrading since Im putting the 4.0L in. I was just going to buy one of the 180$ warrior brand ones that are diamond plated because I can't find any other ones besides JY ones.

Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #26297
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek View Post

Hope it doesnt rain on me today!!
Tell me about it I haven't been able to get started in my auto swap thanks to the crappy weather. I am dying to get my TJ out in the dirt, rocks, sand or even on the aslphalt I really need a garage.....

Its funny how some times my girls starts day dreaming a about the perfect house for us, bla bla bla bla... only thing that comes to my mind is a nice big garage where I can put my Jeep in side and work on in, with fridge to keep the beverages cold
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #26298
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Tell me about it I haven't been able to get started in my auto swap thanks to the crappy weather. I am dying to get my TJ out in the dirt, rocks, sand or even on the aslphalt I really need a garage.....

Its funny how some times my girls starts day dreaming a about the perfect house for us, bla bla bla bla... only thing that comes to my mind is a nice big garage where I can put my Jeep in side and work on in, with fridge to keep the beverages cold
LMAO. I know the feeling. I have told the wife several times a 2 car garage is mandatory. If a house she likes doesn't have one, we wont be considering it.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #26299
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Can you guys give an idea of where can i find:

1/8"-27 NPT male to 1/4" barb

I'm going to relocated the air vent in my 32rh tranny but i cant find the proper barb, I already have the 1/8"-27 NPT pipe thread tap, and 21/64" drill bit but homedepot does not have the barb

this in case you guys want to know what i need it for here it ishttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/relocating-vent-32rh-3-speed-auto-462033/
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #26300
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

HELP. Everything has gone so dang smooth so far swapping the front axle except I'm stuck. How the heck do I unbolt the front uca's. they both have tabs that you can't put a wrench on but they done catch on anything either so they are spinning when I'm trying to unbolt it. If I had a welder id tack it on unbolt the nut and cut the tack but thats not an option cause i dont have a welder. How do I keep the tab from spinning
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #26301
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I ended up with a three car garage when I bought and wish I had a four now.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #26302
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Can you guys give an idea of where can i find:

1/8"-27 NPT male to 1/4" barb

I'm going to relocated the air vent in my 32rh tranny but i cant find the proper barb, I already have the 1/8"-27 NPT pipe thread tap, and 21/64" drill bit but homedepot does not have the barb

this in case you guys want to know what i need it for here it ishttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/relocating-vent-32rh-3-speed-auto-462033/
Marshalls Hardware off Production and Miramar Rd

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #26303
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsouthjeep View Post
HELP. Everything has gone so dang smooth so far swapping the front axle except I'm stuck. How the heck do I unbolt the front uca's. they both have tabs that you can't put a wrench on but they done catch on anything either so they are spinning when I'm trying to unbolt it. If I had a welder id tack it on unbolt the nut and cut the tack but thats not an option cause i dont have a welder. How do I keep the tab from spinning
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ho...-bolt-1170179/
MJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #26304
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

For those who are doing/have done an Auto swap. What is the rough cost for doing the swap. I love driving stick, but I'm thinking about converting my TJ over to an auto.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #26305
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
For those who are doing/have done an Auto swap. What is the rough cost for doing the swap. I love driving stick, but I'm thinking about converting my TJ over to an auto.
2003 was the first year of the 42rle auto. Before that the TJ used the 32rh. The 42rle is much more computer dependent than the earlier auto, more wiring, more issues, not necessarily a good swap. You can install the earlier 32rh, or, if you're up for the adventure, the AW4 from an XJ, both are better choices, but require a good bit of work.

Plan on at least $500 in parts alone if you either get lucky or carefully shop and source the parts. A more realistic range is at least $750 - $1000. Personally, I'd spend the money on upgrades first
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #26306
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJDesertRacer View Post
Marshalls Hardware off Production and Miramar Rd
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
StvDiego is dead on in the price, between $750 and $1000 i was lucky enough to grave a complete auto swap for $550 incluting;

-32rh tranny
-computer (ECM)
-Shifter Cables
-Break pedal
-shifter/bezel
-tranny hard coolant lines
-Torque converter
-tranny mount bracket
-shift cable bracket
- tranny mount

the only thing that I had to buy some place else was the flex plate and a cooler for the tranny. Just be in the look out to get a complete swap. good luck
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #26307
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. I'm just kinda seeing what things cost, to get an idea on what I want to do first. I think I'll start working on fabricating some new bumpers/fenders, and go on from there.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #26308
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I realize this is really late notice, but my axle is going back in tomorrow morning.

if anyone is around 830am-whenever the help would be greatly appreciated.

(located in east county)

PM me for my number/address. I will check late tonight and early tomorrow.

thanks!
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #26309
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
I realize this is really late notice, but my axle is going back in tomorrow morning.

if anyone is around 830am-whenever the help would be greatly appreciated.

(located in east county)

PM me for my number/address. I will check late tonight and early tomorrow.

thanks!
Sorry, won't be up that early...
Motorep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #26310
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
Sorry, won't be up that early...
some come over later... I am sure that it will take me quite a while
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.