San Diego Area - Page 1754 - JeepForum.com

 28Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #26296 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Delta347
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek View Post
I didnt get the memo..
I wasnt sure how it would turn out, but I can probably make more in the future, I certainly have more aluminum...
I was going to see how this one turned out and maybe I will make others, but this sucker was labor intensive to say the least..
I was looking for a new skid plate since I completely destroyed my stock one, and I even beefed it up! So the new onoe will sit higher and hopefull be a little more tough, I may even add on some sort of slider to the bottom of the skid.

Hope it doesnt rain on me today!!
Soooo you could make more huh? Is this for the 20gallon YJ tank?

I need to buy or make a skid plate for my new 20gal tank. I'm upgrading since Im putting the 4.0L in. I was just going to buy one of the 180$ warrior brand ones that are diamond plated because I can't find any other ones besides JY ones.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #26297 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 12:47 PM
TJRoberto
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek View Post

Hope it doesnt rain on me today!!
Tell me about it I haven't been able to get started in my auto swap thanks to the crappy weather. I am dying to get my TJ out in the dirt, rocks, sand or even on the aslphalt I really need a garage.....

Its funny how some times my girls starts day dreaming a about the perfect house for us, bla bla bla bla... only thing that comes to my mind is a nice big garage where I can put my Jeep in side and work on in, with fridge to keep the beverages cold
TJRoberto is offline  
post #26298 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 03:53 PM
92 Green YJ
Registered User
 
92 Green YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Spring Valley, San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Tell me about it I haven't been able to get started in my auto swap thanks to the crappy weather. I am dying to get my TJ out in the dirt, rocks, sand or even on the aslphalt I really need a garage.....

Its funny how some times my girls starts day dreaming a about the perfect house for us, bla bla bla bla... only thing that comes to my mind is a nice big garage where I can put my Jeep in side and work on in, with fridge to keep the beverages cold
LMAO. I know the feeling. I have told the wife several times a 2 car garage is mandatory. If a house she likes doesn't have one, we wont be considering it.

92 YJ. High Output 4.0L
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline  
post #26299 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 05:20 PM
TJRoberto
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,689
Can you guys give an idea of where can i find:

1/8"-27 NPT male to 1/4" barb

I'm going to relocated the air vent in my 32rh tranny but i cant find the proper barb, I already have the 1/8"-27 NPT pipe thread tap, and 21/64" drill bit but homedepot does not have the barb

this in case you guys want to know what i need it for here it ishttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/relocating-vent-32rh-3-speed-auto-462033/
TJRoberto is offline  
post #26300 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 06:35 PM
calsouthjeep
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 748
HELP. Everything has gone so dang smooth so far swapping the front axle except I'm stuck. How the heck do I unbolt the front uca's. they both have tabs that you can't put a wrench on but they done catch on anything either so they are spinning when I'm trying to unbolt it. If I had a welder id tack it on unbolt the nut and cut the tack but thats not an option cause i dont have a welder. How do I keep the tab from spinning
calsouthjeep is offline  
post #26301 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Chris
Guy with jeep
 
Chris's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wildomar/ Big Bear
Posts: 2,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Tell me about it I haven't been able to get started in my auto swap thanks to the crappy weather. I am dying to get my TJ out in the dirt, rocks, sand or even on the aslphalt I really need a garage.....

Its funny how some times my girls starts day dreaming a about the perfect house for us, bla bla bla bla... only thing that comes to my mind is a nice big garage where I can put my Jeep in side and work on in, with fridge to keep the beverages cold
I ended up with a three car garage when I bought and wish I had a four now.
Chris is offline  
post #26302 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 07:06 PM
WJDesertRacer
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poway
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
Can you guys give an idea of where can i find:

1/8"-27 NPT male to 1/4" barb

I'm going to relocated the air vent in my 32rh tranny but i cant find the proper barb, I already have the 1/8"-27 NPT pipe thread tap, and 21/64" drill bit but homedepot does not have the barb

this in case you guys want to know what i need it for here it ishttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/relocating-vent-32rh-3-speed-auto-462033/
Marshalls Hardware off Production and Miramar Rd

<a href=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706>IFS WJ dual sport</a>
WJDesertRacer is offline  
post #26303 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 PM
MJ12
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rancho San Diego
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by calsouthjeep View Post
HELP. Everything has gone so dang smooth so far swapping the front axle except I'm stuck. How the heck do I unbolt the front uca's. they both have tabs that you can't put a wrench on but they done catch on anything either so they are spinning when I'm trying to unbolt it. If I had a welder id tack it on unbolt the nut and cut the tack but thats not an option cause i dont have a welder. How do I keep the tab from spinning
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ho...-bolt-1170179/
MJ12 is offline  
post #26304 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 09:07 PM
joeyk803c
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 1,376
For those who are doing/have done an Auto swap. What is the rough cost for doing the swap. I love driving stick, but I'm thinking about converting my TJ over to an auto.
joeyk803c is offline  
post #26305 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 PM
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
For those who are doing/have done an Auto swap. What is the rough cost for doing the swap. I love driving stick, but I'm thinking about converting my TJ over to an auto.
2003 was the first year of the 42rle auto. Before that the TJ used the 32rh. The 42rle is much more computer dependent than the earlier auto, more wiring, more issues, not necessarily a good swap. You can install the earlier 32rh, or, if you're up for the adventure, the AW4 from an XJ, both are better choices, but require a good bit of work.

Plan on at least $500 in parts alone if you either get lucky or carefully shop and source the parts. A more realistic range is at least $750 - $1000. Personally, I'd spend the money on upgrades first
StvDiego is offline  
post #26306 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 PM
TJRoberto
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJDesertRacer View Post
Marshalls Hardware off Production and Miramar Rd
Thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
For those who are doing/have done an Auto swap. What is the rough cost for doing the swap. I love driving stick, but I'm thinking about converting my TJ over to an auto.
StvDiego is dead on in the price, between $750 and $1000 i was lucky enough to grave a complete auto swap for $550 incluting;

-32rh tranny
-computer (ECM)
-Shifter Cables
-Break pedal
-shifter/bezel
-tranny hard coolant lines
-Torque converter
-tranny mount bracket
-shift cable bracket
- tranny mount

the only thing that I had to buy some place else was the flex plate and a cooler for the tranny. Just be in the look out to get a complete swap. good luck
TJRoberto is offline  
post #26307 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 10:35 PM
joeyk803c
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 1,376
Thanks guys. I'm just kinda seeing what things cost, to get an idea on what I want to do first. I think I'll start working on fabricating some new bumpers/fenders, and go on from there.
joeyk803c is offline  
post #26308 of 40387 Old 02-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,369
I realize this is really late notice, but my axle is going back in tomorrow morning.

if anyone is around 830am-whenever the help would be greatly appreciated.

(located in east county)

PM me for my number/address. I will check late tonight and early tomorrow.

thanks!
Climbit is offline  
post #26309 of 40387 Old 02-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Motorep
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
I realize this is really late notice, but my axle is going back in tomorrow morning.

if anyone is around 830am-whenever the help would be greatly appreciated.

(located in east county)

PM me for my number/address. I will check late tonight and early tomorrow.

thanks!
Sorry, won't be up that early...
Motorep is offline  
post #26310 of 40387 Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
Sorry, won't be up that early...
some come over later... I am sure that it will take me quite a while
Climbit is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
San Diego Meet and Greet, Jan 2nd 11AM Fiesta Island Jeebs SanDiego 243 12-28-2012 06:30 PM
Monster Jam San Diego (January 23rd) Delta347 SanDiego 7 01-09-2010 09:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome