Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

San Diego Area

2M views 41K replies 369 participants last post by  Joe Dillard 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking to hook up with some beginning to intermediate off-roaders in the San Diego area.

I am a newb to jeeping but not to common sense. I bought a jeep to try, and if I like it I will buy another and give this one to my daughter.

I am truly a quick learner and looking for other beginners or some old salt that is just willing to share the wisdom of their experience.

I would like to go jeeping at least once a month and of course more during the learning stages.

Currently, fire roads are all I have found around hear and a few construction areas.

What I am proposing is that all the way south newbs UNITE... if we can find some old salts to come along we can all learn faster. But I say lets get this thing rolling...

WHO IS WITH ME....?

Current jeep is

88 YJ
31x10.5.15 BFG ATs
I6 258 carbed
Pretty good condition but I am replacing all the parts that should have been replaced ages ago. (Hoses/clamps/Top etc...)
(The jeep sat for 3 years so I'm shaking out all the cobwebs...)

See less See more
Reactions: w6pea
#34,761 ·
wow. Sorry man.... Maybe some rockers? My civic was literally 2 days old and I got hit from behind at a red light (only about a 10 mph hit but enough to warrant a repair) and I was pissed!!!!. Then as soon as I moved to SD I went into a taco shop and an old lady passed me by as I was walking in. I glanced back a few seconds later as I opened the shops door (probably to see if she had a nice butt) and saw she was parked next to me... When I came out to leave I noticed a dent in my door. The ****** wacked her door into mine..... I was furious!!!! Only dent I have so far.

#34,762 ·
If I recall I went up a bo zo of a berm out of a wash with very little effort. Then he went up it. Got stuck, backed out, went faster and BANG!. Then some shuttering and discussion. Then he went through it anyways just to have more bang and shutter. Then you went through it the same way I did... It wasnt the obstacle or the line, it was just time for that puppy to say bye bye.
I think that this was when it all happened....:hahaha:

Spin.. spin. spin wheel stop POW and then.... You know

Attachments

#34,763 ·
wow. Sorry man.... Maybe some rockers? My civic was literally 2 days old and I got hit from behind at a red light (only about a 10 mph hit but enough to warrant a repair) and I was pissed!!!!. Then as soon as I moved to SD I went into a taco shop and an old lady passed me by as I was walking in. I glanced back a few seconds later as I opened the shops door (probably to see if she had a nice butt) and saw she was parked next to me... When I came out to leave I noticed a dent in my door. The ****** wacked her door into mine..... I was furious!!!! Only dent I have so far.
my civic lived in LA for 5 years as my brother's DD before I bought it from him... it has lived a rough life. :laugh:

#34,764 ·
have been thinking about turning my 2010 civic in for a new truck to have as a DD and a tow rig. That was until I realized how expensive trucks are.. F250 4x4 with moderate options is pushing 4x,000. and about 16 -18 mpg.. P A S S . I'll just take my chances driving the jeep when I have to and get 34 mpg with the nearly paid off car.

#34,765 ·
brokenyoujoint said:
Yeah luckily the dent was smooth enough to just push out. And it appears that most of the markings are transferred from the other vehicle so it should mostly buff out. But I may eventually have that little section repainted so it won't rust. It if were a stupid silver 2-door civic with off road stickers all over it that'd be another story.

#34,771 ·
Anyone happen to have or know of some 37x12.50R17 KM2s for sale? Not looking for a full set just one or two that aren't completely toast.
Would you happen to be interested in a set of 5, 37" red label sticky's?

I hate the general public. Just noticed it this morning. No idea when it would've happened. Could've been a couple days ago
:mad: Sucks!

#34,776 ·
So who is the one that is selling LED bars in here? I decide to go to Baja 1000 at the last moment and need some extra lighting. I also need a winch guard (grill guard) to mount the lights on. Any advise or help is greatly appreciated not looking to spend Rigid prices on the light$.

#34,780 ·
Joey PM me.... my "9-5" for the last 16+ years is VW air cooled parts.

A couple of VWs I've owned or raced thru the years: