San Diego Area - Page 1551 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #23251
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris

That can be arranged. Be careful what you ask for since you didn't give to many details on beer steaks or dancers.
Well looks like it doesnt matter since I picked up Katie from the train, got the trailer, and when we got there he said someone else came with a tow truck so he just gave it to them >.> POS

My iPhone will poison your Android.

Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #23252
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got the doors off the Jeep. 2 knuckleheads are better than one.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 03:05 AM   #23253
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrw600 View Post
Its been a busy weekend. Took and passed my HAM license. Wired up the jeep for my CB and then wired up the Ham radio. Just need to buy an antenna for the Ham. Then my son and I did some vinyl repair to fix the hole we burned the seat last weekend. Want to go wheel'n up at pancake rock but probably can't go for several weeks - too many things on the weekend.
Welcome to the club Who am I kidding, I've forgotten so much stuff I probably couldn't pass the written test again.

In other news, I bought a new toy today. Finally got rid of the Civic

It should flat tow the Jeep amazingly.

I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #23254
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Comgrats! I have two of those one with the V10 and one with the desiel. You are gonna love that truck.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #23255
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post

Great looking truck

I have been thinking about getting my self a diesel truck too, most of my girlfriends family have diesel truck and man I love those engines.
I just can't seem to make up my mind on driving them to school and work, and have enough money to work on my jeep.
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #23256
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone have a spare battery I can borrow? I need something to use to get this Crown Victoria started.

Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #23257
Speed-Freek
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Comgrats! I have two of those one with the V10 and one with the desiel. You are gonna love that truck.
How do you like the V10 most people I know who own one hate it due to maintenance costs and feul economy (or lack thereof)

Hey guys wassup, Im back!
Been busy a lot lately and doing a lot of trips to Havasu doing stuff to my house (flooring mostly) and just a lot of automotive and motorcycle work.

I have had to make 5 custom Forward Facing Aluminum intake manifolds for Turbo setups for the 2/3RZ Toyota motors so I am totally stoked about that, it will help fund the Jeep upgrades!! I normally build 1 per month or so, I guess its turbo season!

Anybody thinking about CC this weekend?
I still have that Dana 44 staring me down I need to regear, lock and swap out, I just need to find an ARB for it $$$$ ching!!!

Also need some tires pretty badly, looking for some 33x10.5, so its unlikely I will find used ones since they arent very common...oh well. But in other news I got to try out the new 55watt HID upgrade and I dont even need to add off road lights it is soo darn bright, but more is always better, cant have too much light, I had to modify the reflectors a bit to get the proper light output, but it was a good investment at less than $200.

Next is tires and lift so still planning on going with coilovers but the research I have done say that people are using the 2.0 series shocks however it seems the Jeep is pretty heavy for those, but I guess they are fine, I will soon find out, I am at a bit of a crossroad about the arm setup, so many choices, LA, SA, MA, radius arm, triangulated 4 link etc....good lord, having a hard time trying to figure it out, I am leaning towards a MA triangulated setup just so I can ditch the extra arm for simplicity, decisions, decisions.

I still need to build a cage as well which is priority since it is a safety issue, cant mod something if your dead, so.....I just need to find the time since it is going to take a couple of days to get done.
Unread 08-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #23258
Speed-Freek
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Anyone have a spare battery I can borrow? I need something to use to get this Crown Victoria started.

Try any unattended Police cars. But do it fast like.
Unread 08-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #23259
Speed-Freek
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Bring it on over - I'll get the doors off.

Nice Plasma Joe! BTW did you get the gears done yet or do you need help? Sorry I got slammed with work and personal stuff and I am just going to get a thick ring gear and use my old ARB in the front so I can use the old 3.07 carrier with 4.10s or maybe higher for 33s..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Is the front axle in a TJ a d30? If so I know somebody that needs it badly.
Call me and tell me what you want for it.
Did you ever get the steering rack squared away? Was my quote too high? Or maybe my uncertainty on that year model since I could not find any documentation on it, but Toyota generally doesnt do major changes very often..
Unread 08-25-2011, 02:16 AM   #23260
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Very nice lookin' truck!
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #23261
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek View Post
How do you like the V10 most people I know who own one hate it due to maintenance costs and feul economy (or lack thereof)
I love the V10, I only have about 70,000 miles on my 06 and have not had any major maintence problems. It has been a great truck for me and tows my 34 foot Toybox with no problems at all. It passes everything but a gas station. When I let my mom borrow it she gets about 14 mpg out of it but I have never seen that myself, I get about 11 highway and 7-8 around town. Towing my boat I get 7-8 highway and towing my 5th wheel I get 3-6 mpg. It is also my daily driver but I also have the deisel which gets almost 17 highway and 11 towing the 5th wheel.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #23262
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

This is where I had lunch today....

Has anybody else noticed that it's built in a freight container?
nessie-burger-medium-.jpg  
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #23263
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Well looks like it doesnt matter since I picked up Katie from the train, got the trailer, and when we got there he said someone else came with a tow truck so he just gave it to them >.> POS
WOW! That sucks. POS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
Finally got the doors off the Jeep. 2 knuckleheads are better than one.

Quote:
In other news, I bought a new toy today.
NICE! I'm envious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I love the V10, I only have about 70,000 miles on my 06 and have not had any major maintence problems. It has been a great truck for me and tows my 34 foot Toybox with no problems at all. It passes everything but a gas station. When I let my mom borrow it she gets about 14 mpg out of it but I have never seen that myself, I get about 11 highway and 7-8 around town. Towing my boat I get 7-8 highway and towing my 5th wheel I get 3-6 mpg. It is also my daily driver but I also have the deisel which gets almost 17 highway and 11 towing the 5th wheel.
I used my stepsons F250 1st of the year and got 15 mpg on that V10 when I drove it to Phoenix. That pretty good. That's about what I get in my YJ.
KraZeDav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #23264
StvDiego

Quote:
In other news, I bought a new toy today.

It will tow the Jeep amazingly well. When I tow the Jeep with the Stoopid Duty I get better mileage than I would driving the Jeep

And it gets really good mileage when I do this (Stoopid EGR>>):
sttopidegr.jpg  
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #23265
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

So I borrowed a backhoe from a friend to dig a grave in one of the lower pastures for our Golden Retreiver that somehow got into some poison and died yesterday.
I start digging the hole and I looked really stupid at it. After five minutes of futility I had actually scratched the dirt.
My nine year old said "Dad stop! Let me do it" I'm thinking "yeah right". It took him all of three minutes to master the controls and he dug a five foot deep six foot long hole in some of the hardest volcanic soil.
Kids! Need something technical figured out for you? Ask a nine year old.
matt-backhoe-medium-.jpg  
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.