San Diego Area - Page 1504 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 07-12-2011, 07:15 AM   #22546
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek View Post
I ended up getting that rear end this morning, its a 3.73 not a 4.10, and it was from the Unlimited model.
As far as a locker goes it has the Track lock stock limited slip, but not a true locker.

So I am going to weld up the tubes to the diff and build a medium duty truss, meanwhile I will search for that XJ 4cyl front diff for the HP swap and the regear them both, I will truss the front and weld the tubes as well on that too.

So its getting time for me to get the coilovers and springs so I can be ready for the axle swaps, and at that time I will also do the SYE and new driveshaft so it will all happen at once, just getting all the parts together, gearing, lockers and all the trussing and welding

So glad I finally found a rear axle to build..

I still keep going back and fourth between 33" and 35" tires, cant make up my mind...I am kinda thinking of going with 33 x 10.5 or 35 x 12.5, with the 33" tires I can use my wheels and just get spacers to save a bit of cash, but bigger tires allow me to go more places, however it seems that 35" is that mystical number where you will need to start beefing up the brakes and steering system (more $$$$$). Oh boy what to do..
35" with disc brakes all around works fine. My little TJ has a LJ rear axle and a XJ front axle with the stock disc brakes and I have driven it everywhere for the last 3 years this way, stops fine.
Now TJ's eith drum brakes in the rear and 35's don't stop all that well, have driven several and that gets a bot adventurous
The bigger issue with lockers and 35" tires is axle shafts. Get the superior axle shafts and don't look back. Currie steering and a flip kit is not a bad investment either

Unread 07-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #22547
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
I dunno Jeff, while I agree Texas has some killer Q (the salt lick stands out in my mind) ya gotta admit Phils does a heck of a good job for local Q
Phil's is ok but not great and it falls off pretty quick after that.

For a real stab in the heart, they only pay about $1- $2 / lb for brisket.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #22548
TonysTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Let me know what you need to know and I can probably answer it, its a pretty nice and central area for wheeling the mountain. Your profile doesn't say if you are locked or not but I would definitly recomend Holcolm creek trail from that area to fawnskin but if you are not locked you will be better off going from Fawnskin down. It's a very scenic trail with alot of water crossings. Other than that john bull is fun but somewhat challenging for some and also gold mountain and pontiac sluce are good ones. While up there go by the discovery center and grab a map of the trails it will help you out a lot.
Thanks for the help Chris, no lockers, I'm on 33's and my buddy has 37's. I just moved out here from the east coast so I'm new to the trails around here. The only place I've driven was Wildomar OHV. Some friends have mentioned Holcomb, Dishpan, Pilot rock and Cleghorn Ridge.
We've done some research,we have a map and a campsite and we look forward to exploring the area. The campground is full so I assume there will be other people we could possibly tag along with and if not we will find our way.
Thanks again
TonysTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #22549
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysTJ View Post
Thanks for the help Chris, no lockers, I'm on 33's and my buddy has 37's. I just moved out here from the east coast so I'm new to the trails around here. The only place I've driven was Wildomar OHV. Some friends have mentioned Holcomb, Dishpan, Pilot rock and Cleghorn Ridge.
We've done some research,we have a map and a campsite and we look forward to exploring the area. The campground is full so I assume there will be other people we could possibly tag along with and if not we will find our way.
Thanks again
You can do every trail on this mountain with 33's but with no locker you will need some good guidence through the rocks but still very doable with no damage unless you don't have sliders then you end up like my jeep with custom ones. If you run john bull you will probably be better off from wewst to east withoiut lockers. I think we had close to ten jeeps make all these trails and a few were on 31's with no lockers. Let me know if you need anything else.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #22550
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Got me some 6$ shirts at walmart.

My iPhone will poison your Android.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #22551
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well just got back from IMS and Harbor Freight. Let me tell you all, if you need DOM for a cage or other project, BUY IT NOW!!! DOM is pretty damn cheap at the moment. It actually came down from the last quote I got. When I was there a month ago asking they quoted me $5.75 a foot for 1.75" x .120 Wall.

Today I bought 34 feet of 1.75" x.120 Wall DOM for $4.50 a foot!!! It came down over a buck from the last quote! (34 feet because they are currently in 17' sticks so I just bought 2)
And I got 34 feet of 1.25" x.120 Wall DOM for $3.48 a foot!!!
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #22552
TonysTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347

On a different note is this the Wildomar OHV area spoken of a few days ago?

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_7684.htm
Yep that's Wildomar, I wa there the july 4th weeknd and we spent a couple hours exploring the area. Nothing too difficult except that pic that says bad idea.
Its an extremely steep downgrade that looks very tough. My buddy was leading in his jk on 37's, he got caught up in a bad spot, we tried to reposition him so he continue down the trail, when he hopped back in it would start because of the angle of the jeep, he had a half tank of gas but the pump couldn't find it. We had to pull him back up the hill and thank god there were some other jeepers out there because my 2.5L wasn't enough to pull a deadweight jk up such a steep grade. It took a jeep and a custom built toyota truck "rock crawler" attached with 3 tow straps to get him back up the trail. It was fun but learning the hard way is the only way to learn I guess.
TonysTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #22553
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysTJ
Yep that's Wildomar, I wa there the july 4th weeknd and we spent a couple hours exploring the area. Nothing too difficult except that pic that says bad idea.
Its an extremely steep downgrade that looks very tough. My buddy was leading in his jk on 37's, he got caught up in a bad spot, we tried to reposition him so he continue down the trail, when he hopped back in it would start because of the angle of the jeep, he had a half tank of gas but the pump couldn't find it. We had to pull him back up the hill and thank god there were some other jeepers out there because my 2.5L wasn't enough to pull a deadweight jk up such a steep grade. It took a jeep and a custom built toyota truck "rock crawler" attached with 3 tow straps to get him back up the trail. It was fun but learning the hard way is the only way to learn I guess.
Seems like a place my YJ can handle with the 32s and front locker and 4.10. Think a stock ZJ with 28s, 5.9L, 4.10, d44, and all time 4x4 can handle it for a scouting the trails trip?

Minus the "bad idea" trail

My iPhone will poison your Android.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 07-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #22554
RacnJasn
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey everyone its been awhile since Ive had anything worth while to post. Been focusing on health issues and taking care of business.

But today I bought a new Rampage Frameless top. Its going to be here tomarrow. Then install on Monday. So if anyone is looking for a soft top and frame both in good condition no leaks noticed back zipper needs to be replaced.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE="5"]Yellow Jeep Club #48[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
RacnJasn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #22555
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
Cool. Lets get a run going then. I'll pull tail gunner if we can find a trail leader.
you guys decide if youre going out on sat?

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #22556
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ

you guys decide if youre going out on sat?
I'm in for Sunday run . I can't make it on Saturday because of work, if you guys change it for Sunday let me know.
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2011, 01:18 AM   #22557
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJasn View Post
Hey everyone its been awhile since Ive had anything worth while to post. Been focusing on health issues and taking care of business.

But today I bought a new Rampage Frameless top. Its going to be here tomarrow. Then install on Monday. So if anyone is looking for a soft top and frame both in good condition no leaks noticed back zipper needs to be replaced.
Hi Jason, its good to see you poke your head in here & post. I hope the health issues are getting better for you.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #22558
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'd rather go on Saturday, if it can be done. I really don't even care where we go. I just need an off road fix. <------That's going to be me here soon if the Jeep doesn't leave the pavement. If anyone is available to run any trail on Saturday let me know.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #22559
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Jeff you should buy this...

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/rvs/2492315248.html
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #22560
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
OmG Sexy trailer is Sexy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.