San Diego Area - Page 1500 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #22486
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek View Post
I have one too, but I am in Vista...kinda far from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Whatever is easier for you, Im off the I-15 at bernardo center drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
I have one too, it's at Jeff's in the truck if that's closer for you...
man you guys are quick.

i think i will first try Steves which is at Jeffs and isnt too far from my place. but if anything falls through i will definitely be hitting one of you guys up again to try to snag one.

thanks guys

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #22487
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

May as well toss my hat in the ring. I have a scanner too in OB. Had to buy one when they passed that law.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 01:45 AM   #22488
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
so when are these going in?
The day I ordered it, Nate (from Artec) mentioned that they were getting a shipment of the teflon kingpin inserts in a day or two and as soon as they arrive, my order should ship. I expect to get the arms early next week (fingers crossed).

I have a set of 7/8" steering heims & weld-in bungs (basically his kit minus the tube) coming from Dan @ RuffStuff. I'll get them in a day or so.

I'm going to buy the steering tube (DOM or chromo) locally. So as soon as I get all that stuff, I'll do the install and kingpin internals inspection (bearings etc).

aw12345 offered to let me borrow his 7/8" allen wrench so that I can disassemble the kingpins. He's up in the Ontario area & I'll be stopping by his house tomorrow evening so I can pick-up a 35 spline chromo outer he had for sale. I'll ask if I can borrow the wrench at the same time.

All that said more than likely it'll be sometime next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Anyone here confirm that a 91-95 fuel pump will fit into a 1990 fuel tank with little to no modification? I was asking in the forum for Fuel pump recommendations without replacing my tank all together and some one said buy the pump and it will fit in the tank even though my tank didn't have the internal set up ever....will It mess with my sending unit at all?
If it doesn't work - I'll have my '91 tank available in a few weeks.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 02:08 AM   #22489
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

right on. and next week i have a pretty open schedule if youd want a hand.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #22490
shoe83
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone here bought anything from Flatblack Fab? They post just about daily on craigslist. I'm considering a set of tube fenders, and they will build and install them for $400
shoe83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #22491
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe83 View Post
Anyone here bought anything from Flatblack Fab? They post just about daily on craigslist. I'm considering a set of tube fenders, and they will build and install them for $400
I haven't seen their work firsthand, but, $400 installed for flat fenders isn't bad if you can't do the work yourself.

My only issue would be that it looks like they have no flare so larger tires would really hang out there, may not be so good for a DD...

I got flat fenders after badly munching both my front fenders to the point where they were unrepairable, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. I picked up a 3" flare flat fender kit from C&C Fabrication eBay Store . They were cheaper back when I got mine but at the current price of $245 shipped they are the most complete and easiest to assemble and install kit I've seen with minimal welding. Worth checking into.

I'm curious what metal Flatback uses for their full cages...
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #22492
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I don't run flares on my tubes at all and haven't run into any problems. Not saying that I never will, just haven't yet

Unread 07-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #22493
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
I don't run flares on my tubes at all and haven't run into any problems. Not saying that I never will, just haven't yet
If you buy tube fenders with flares on them find the kind where the front angles back at 30 degrees or so you will be glad you did when you play in the rocks.
Unread 07-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #22494
shoe83
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm not quite ready to buy anything yet though. I do need to do some maintenance on my jeep though. Anyone wrenching this weekend?
shoe83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #22495
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

does anyone know where i can get some CHEAP brake lines for right now.

i just need a driver front for right this second.

i had a little incident yesterday in the hoopty that ended up with me cruising down a hill at about 30mph coming up on a red light and applying the brake and my foot going straight to the floor. i tried pumping to no avail. i ended up down shifting and whipping a 100% illegal u-turn at the intersection to avoid going into it and dying. hahah also by doing this i was able to lose my momentum because it sent me back up a hill now. i was able to pull over and access the damage.

apparently my driver front tire had been rubbing my brake line and rubbed a hole right into it.

you mean its not supposed to do that?

again i just want to find a place that i can get a replacement for cheap just to get me around for now. the jeep is not a DD but i still like to fart around town in it occasionally.

-chris

Unread 07-09-2011, 01:01 AM   #22496
Vern Britain

Quote:
The day I ordered it, Nate (from Artec) mentioned that they were getting a shipment of the teflon kingpin inserts in a day or two and as soon as they arrive, my order should ship. I expect to get the arms early next week (fingers crossed).

I have a set of 7/8" steering heims & weld-in bungs (basically his kit minus the tube) coming from Dan @ RuffStuff. I'll get them in a day or so.

I'm going to buy the steering tube (DOM or chromo) locally. So as soon as I get all that stuff, I'll do the install and kingpin internals inspection (bearings etc).

aw12345 offered to let me borrow his 7/8" allen wrench so that I can disassemble the kingpins. He's up in the Ontario area & I'll be stopping by his house tomorrow evening so I can pick-up a 35 spline chromo outer he had for sale. I'll ask if I can borrow the wrench at the same time.

All that said more than likely it'll be sometime next week.

what u going to do on the steer? Ram assist wont work...full hydraulic?

My Website HERE
Vern Britain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2011, 03:44 AM   #22497
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If the '91 tank comes with the pump, mounts (if any), filter, level reader (if different than mine) and all that jazz and can bolt right in that may be the easier route than trying to modify my current tank. And if it comes at a reasonable price. Does the level reader from a 91 work with the 90? I think they still had the same gauges?
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2011, 04:28 AM   #22498
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern Britain View Post
what u going to do on the steer? Ram assist wont work...full hydraulic?
From what I've seen, the hydro assist should work fine.

I was at aw12345's place this evening & my steering will be similar to his steering set-up at some point (but not at first).

The drag link will tie into the top of the passenger side high steer arm, while the tie rod will connect somewhere between the arms & the knuckle mount thru the bolt/sleeve the kit provides (but not at first. after I add hydro assist). Making it similar to placing the tie rod in a double sheer. This will make it a crossover steering style system.

The hydraulic rod will also tie into the tie rod near where it mounts to the knuckle and at the other end to the axle tube near the housing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
If the '91 tank comes with the pump, mounts (if any), filter, level reader (if different than mine) and all that jazz and can bolt right in that may be the easier route than trying to modify my current tank. And if it comes at a reasonable price. Does the level reader from a 91 work with the 90? I think they still had the same gauges?
I'll only have the tank - nothing else.

The guts of my stock tank will be moved into a fuel cell.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2011, 04:39 AM   #22499
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'll only have the tank - nothing else.

The guts of my stock tank will be moved into a fuel cell.
Well I'll see what can be done once I get the fuel pump, which probably wont be until a few weeks go by anyways...Just trying to keep things as cheap as possible at this point:

Pump:150 + shipping
Maintenance Parts: 150
Exhaust Manifold: 200-300

I can only push a 100$ a paycheck for the project as is.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #22500
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
does anyone know where i can get some CHEAP brake lines for right now.
I'm pretty certain I have some stock ones on a pile of calipers I have at Jeff's
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.