San Diego Area - Page 1498 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #22456
Vern Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
Yeah I'm on there once in a while myself. Though for some reason the Jeepaholics crew and the MJR crew don't seem to get along to well. Never did get a straight answer as to why or what happened.
Think it had to do with an incident at TDS years ago.

My Website HERE
Vern Britain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #22457
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Cool.

I spoke with Blaine earlier today & it looks as if I have plenty of time to pull the HPD30 and install the HPD60 before I drag it up to his house for the remainder of the work.

So.....I'll be removing the D30 sooner than I thought and start the work to design & fab the outboarded spring hangers and get this axle installed.
awesome. thats some exciting stiff right there.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #22458
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern Britain View Post
Think it had to do with an incident at TDS years ago.
Yeah I heard something to that effect but I never did find out exactly what went down.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #22459
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

So I need to clean this 4.0 and it's intake before I put the new parts on it. Anyone have a mom's remedy for layers of sludge and carbon build up?

I suppose soaking the intake in a bath of CLR is out of the question?

My iPhone will poison your Android.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #22460
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
So I need to clean this 4.0 and it's intake before I put the new parts on it. Anyone have a mom's remedy for layers of sludge and carbon build up?

I suppose soaking the intake in a bath of CLR is out of the question?

oven cleaner; several times.

and they are not kidding about the fumes from that stuff
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #22461
Speed-Freek
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Hold everything there is an OHV area in Wildomar (no "w" in the middle)? My girlfriend lives up there so I'm in the area all the time!!

I could use an OHV area up there cuz she never has any ideas what to do on hot days but offroading is always fun!!

I'm guessing my ZJ couldn't make those trails from your description (it's mostly stock) but my YJ probably could. Perhaps a final voyage for the 4.2L before I do the swap!

Oh yeah, dont know how that extra "W" got in there..but it was pretty fun, my Jeep is stock with only a rear locker and 31 A/Ts and it made it anywhere, so I am guessing a stock Jeep could do it as well, but if you like your paint you may opt to take a vehicle that you dont mind getting scratched..cause its gonna happen.

The place is pretty small, and very similar to Corral Canyon. Only 1 trail in Wildomar that I wasnt going to try but maybe some of you crazy ****ers would try it, I think I have pictures but they surely wont do justice to that trail, I would have a hard time making it up on my motorcycle and I have been riding over 30 years, I could do it, but its a place where you had better have a good line otherwise its a long way back down...

I just ordered the parts to make my front locker work and some new headlight housings for my headlights so I can convert them to 80watt HIDs (yeah you heard me right 80 WATT!!) , I need some more light from it. I just found a couple conversion kits and found 80 and 100 watt HID kits, and I thought 55 watts was bright. I will post up some pics when I get it done, I am hoping that they are about 400% brighter than the stockers because they really suck. I was thinking of just going to the 100 watters, I ordered the Hella conversion housings so if they are glass which I think they are I will just go ahead with the 100 watt kit, I better get them aimed right and have the proper Hi-Lo sheilds, otherwise I will be making enemies quickly..

I am probably going to start the roll cage this week as well, I think I am going to do the main uprights and halo from 2" and the rest from 1.5" should make it plenty strong, I would use 1.75 but I dont have a die for my Mittler Bros. hydraulic bender, only 2" and 1.5" as far as cage sizes go. Hopefully I can build the entire cage for less than $500 but it depends on how many tubes I will put into it, but I guarantee it will be very strong.

Since DOM is expensive and hard to come by I am going to make it out of Galvanized fence post, is that going to be strong enough??

Haha, just kidding, I am going to use "CREW" .120 wall tubing for everything, just wanted to see peoples response if they didnt see this little statement underneath, lol.
Speed-Freek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #22462
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

At least you didn't say you were going to use conduit.
I saw on the internet a roll cage made from two inch PVC pipe in a Suzuki Samuri. Elbows, Y connectors, etc..

So lets go do a run at Wildomar soon. I live just minutes away.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #22463
WHiTEBOi619
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I saw on the internet a roll cage made from two inch PVC pipe in a Suzuki Samuri. Elbows, Y connectors, etc..

I wish i could go but thats an 80 mile drive for me and i dont have that kind of gas money at the moment, still trying to get another job.
Unread 07-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #22464
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

While looking for steering solutions - I decided to go with a set of these:

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #22465
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard
While looking for steering solutions - I decided to go with a set of these:
I like that joe.... Seems like it will do you well

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #22466
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I'd be down, my girlfriend lives right off Baxter Rd. So where ever this mysterious wildomar OHV area is I'm sure it will be close to her place!

And her + offroading is more than the excuse I need to go 65 miles for a trip any day :-p

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
oven cleaner; several times.

and they are not kidding about the fumes from that stuff
I'll invest in a gas mask and wheel the engine out onto the driveway or the dead side lawn.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #22467
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have been looking around for some good tube door for my TJ. What do you guys think about the smittybilt tube doors?

using JeepForum iPhone app
image-1452196011.png  
image-1558150007.png

TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #22468
Speed-Freek
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I will PM you when I go out next time, hope your not worried about your paint though, its tight out there, lots of overgrown bushes on the trails, but still fun.

And are you serious about the PVC pipe!!!?? Paint it black so it "Looks" like a rollcage, just be sure and NOT try it out...
Speed-Freek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #22469
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
I have been looking around for some good tube door for my TJ. What do you guys think about the smittybilt tube doors?

when It comes to smitty-built you get what you pay for.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #22470
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit

when It comes to smitty-built you get what you pay for.
Well I got a really good deal on them!
$130 new. What do you say?

TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.