San Diego Area - Page 1346 - JeepForum.com

 32Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #20176 of 40510 Old 11-04-2010, 11:26 PM
EJames1226
Registered User
 
EJames1226's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
if the vibes stop when you stop accelerating it sounds like a DS issue... you may need a SYE and cv shaft.


what did you do about your trackbars? if your front axle is off center that can cause vibes. and if your drag-link and track bar are out of alignment that can cause vibes too.
The drive shaft angle looked fine to me, ill look again in the day light tomorrow. Its only a 2.5" lift with a transfer case drop, could it put the angle off that much?

Trackbars are in the same spot, didnt relocate them. I was hoping i wouldnt have to move them with the 2.5" lift.

Im hoping an alignment will fix it


Damage Initiation Specialist: Eric's Jeep Repair Club, San Diego Chapter
EJames1226 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #20177 of 40510 Old 11-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
The drive shaft angle looked fine to me, ill look again in the day light tomorrow. Its only a 2.5" lift with a transfer case drop, could it put the angle off that much?

Trackbars are in the same spot, didnt relocate them. I was hoping i wouldnt have to move them with the 2.5" lift.

Im hoping an alignment will fix it

the lift is only going to throw off the center of your steering wheel. so an alignment is useless, do it yourself its pretty easy.

at 2.5" of lift you are cutting it close to needing an adjustable track bar and if you measure I'm betting you are above that.

you should be fine with a TC drop, i didn't read that part. but those wranglers y'all drive have short *** drivelines.

I would measure your axles and see how far off they are at ride height. if it is more than .5" you need adjustable track bars.

you going on sunday?
Climbit is offline  
post #20178 of 40510 Old 11-04-2010, 11:36 PM
EJames1226
Registered User
 
EJames1226's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
the lift is only going to throw off the center of your steering wheel. so an alignment is useless, do it yourself its pretty easy.

at 2.5" of lift you are cutting it close to needing an adjustable track bar and if you measure I'm betting you are above that.

you should be fine with a TC drop, i didn't read that part. but those wranglers y'all drive have short *** drivelines.

I would measure your axles and see how far off they are at ride height. if it is more than .5" you need adjustable track bars.

you going on sunday?
Well if i can get the wobble figured out by then im going. Dont want to drive for an hour each way with the wobble.

Damage Initiation Specialist: Eric's Jeep Repair Club, San Diego Chapter
EJames1226 is offline  
post #20179 of 40510 Old 11-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Well if i can get the wobble figured out by then im going. Dont want to drive for an hour each way with the wobble.
I know how you feel.... but I DD'd for a year with DW at 55mph...
Climbit is offline  
post #20180 of 40510 Old 11-04-2010, 11:40 PM
EJames1226
Registered User
 
EJames1226's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
I know how you feel.... but I DD'd for a year with DW at 55mph...
Haha i couldnt do that.

Aside from the DW im happy with the lift though

Damage Initiation Specialist: Eric's Jeep Repair Club, San Diego Chapter
EJames1226 is offline  
post #20181 of 40510 Old 11-05-2010, 10:46 AM
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler
 
RikRotorhead's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,981
I went to the DMV today to get my license sticker.
My new record so far, 14 minutes from walk in to walk out. That broke my previous record of 22 minutes.

Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline  
post #20182 of 40510 Old 11-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Chris
Guy with jeep
 
Chris's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wildomar/ Big Bear
Posts: 2,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I went to the DMV today to get my license sticker.
My new record so far, 14 minutes from walk in to walk out. That broke my previous record of 22 minutes.
It's supposed to take at least 4 hours, just ask Richie.
Chris is offline  
post #20183 of 40510 Old 11-05-2010, 10:57 AM
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler
 
RikRotorhead's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It's supposed to take at least 4 hours, just ask Richie.
Drama queen. Gets it from his mom I guess.

I have seen the line wrap around the building before. Just lucky today I guess.

Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline  
post #20184 of 40510 Old 11-05-2010, 11:14 AM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,068
Garage
I always go to the AAA office for dmv stuff. They can do everything except drivers lic pictures and in/out in two minutes.

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline  
post #20185 of 40510 Old 11-05-2010, 11:24 AM
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler
 
RikRotorhead's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I always go to the AAA office for dmv stuff. They can do everything except drivers lic pictures and in/out in two minutes.
Us old people have nothing better to do. Besides, there's more eye candy at the DMV.

I need to renew my AAA membership. Think I'll do that today.

Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline  
post #20186 of 40510 Old 11-05-2010, 11:31 AM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 18,068
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Us old people have nothing better to do. Besides, there's more eye candy at the DMV.

I need to renew my AAA membership. Think I'll do that today.
I have AAA+ so if the jeep breaks down they will tow it up to 100 miles for free. Just have to get it to a road.

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline  
post #20187 of 40510 Old 11-05-2010, 11:39 AM
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler
 
RikRotorhead's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I have AAA+ so if the jeep breaks down they will tow it up to 100 miles for free. Just have to get it to a road.
I just talked to Betsy and she has the plus membership too. So I called and they can add me to it for $27. Seems like a deal.
I have roadside assistance through my cell carrier for $2/month that is basically the same thing, but it doesn't have the DMV stuff and travel stuff.

Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline  
post #20188 of 40510 Old 11-05-2010, 01:12 PM
EJames1226
Registered User
 
EJames1226's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,652
AAA is the place to go for DMV stuff. Unless you get a crabby pants 70 year old lady that has worked at the dmv for 50 years and then transfered to AAA. Terrible.

I found a bolt loose, the bottom track bar mount bolt was only on by about 4 threads. I know i tightened it but maybe i didnt tighten it all the way. I torqued it down and we'll see what that does for me. I imagine a loose track bar could cause some wobble.

Damage Initiation Specialist: Eric's Jeep Repair Club, San Diego Chapter
EJames1226 is offline  
post #20189 of 40510 Old 11-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Motorep
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,472
Loose track bars seem to be the cause of most DW. You've probably found your solution.
Motorep is offline  
post #20190 of 40510 Old 11-05-2010, 01:35 PM
EJames1226
Registered User
 
EJames1226's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
Loose track bars seem to be the cause of most DW. You've probably found your solution.
Dont wanna jinx it but i hope so!

Damage Initiation Specialist: Eric's Jeep Repair Club, San Diego Chapter
EJames1226 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
San Diego Meet and Greet, Jan 2nd 11AM Fiesta Island Jeebs SanDiego 243 12-28-2012 06:30 PM
Monster Jam San Diego (January 23rd) Delta347 SanDiego 7 01-09-2010 09:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome