San Diego Area - Page 1319 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #19771
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I wanna' do a day trip maybe next weekend.
Someplace not too far. Maybe LW?
I am game as long as I don't start tearing apart my jeep before then. I started on the dodge today. Althoug I am sure Nate doesn't want me tearing up his tires to much more.

dodge-cab.jpg  
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 12:01 AM   #19772
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
So i'm getting a nice little upgrade on the GC tomorrow. 3.5" lift goes on with 32's for shoes pics will come up when it's done. but i was excited and needed to share
Is it done?! I demand photos!

On another note, did you call Jim a couple days ago?
Unread 09-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #19773
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Do you need 30' total or a 30' for each side? I don't have any but I'm looking for some longer welding cables so I'll keep my eye open.

Actually, if I find some maybe my old cables would work for you.
25-30' total is all I need Jeff, and I could probably get by with a little less. I'm thinking 15' for the welder's + stinger cable and the rest for relocating the winch solenoid enclosure into the engine compartment.

For now, until I can get the 2 gauge cable I'm after, I'm going to use an old pair of 4 gauge jumper cables for the + stinger cable. I'm going to cut off all four jumper cable clamps and connect the ends into the stinger/electrode holder and battery clamp so both cables are in parallel with each other which should be enough for the occasion trail welding task.

Edit: I'm down to only needing maybe 15' of 2 gauge cable so the winch solenoid box can be moved inside the engine compartment. I wired the two cables from old 4 gauge battery jumper cable set in parallel for use as the cable for the the + side of the stinger holder for the welder.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #19774
Gomez
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
What's LW? I'm in for a run next weekend. Oriflame and Pinon would be fine.
Lawrence Welk, I assume. Ran that with Nate a few months ago with my stocker. It definitely has its challenges.
[COLOR="White"][B][SIZE="3"]White Jeep Club #1904[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[U][B]Useful Write-ups:[/B][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-forum-faq-615132/"]TJ FAQ[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp (A must read)[/URL]
[URL="http://pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/index.html"]Recovery Tips[/URL]
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #19775
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
Lawrence Welk, I assume. Ran that with Nate a few months ago with my stocker. It definitely has its challenges.
Sounds good to me. What time and and where should we meet?
Motorep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #19776
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sundays are usually easier for me. I like to get stuff done around the ranch on Saturdays. But, I could swap days if it doesn't work for all.
LW can be done in a stock Jeep. If you get stuck there are some winches in the group.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #19777
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sundays are usually easier for me. I like to get stuff done around the ranch on Saturdays. But, I could swap days if it doesn't work for all.
LW can be done in a stock Jeep. If you get stuck there are some winches in the group.
What time Sunday do you want to meet? Where? Anyone up for a breakfast meeting before we head out?

If I need a winch then I've screwed something up big time!
Unread 09-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #19778
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, Jeff just called and told me there is a 95 YJ at Ecology Junk yard in Chula Vista. Go get what you can!
jeepnkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #19779
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What time Sunday do you want to meet? Where? Anyone up for a breakfast meeting before we head out?

If I need a winch then I've screwed something up big time!
I'm down for breakfast somewhere in Escondido. I'm coming from the north so I don't want to go too far south. There is a Farmer Boys and a Denny's and quite a few others. Denny's is pretty cheap for breakfast. Besides, they have a senior citizen menu for me!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #19780
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm down for breakfast somewhere in Escondido. I'm coming from the north so I don't want to go too far south. There is a Farmer Boys and a Denny's and quite a few others. Denny's is pretty cheap for breakfast. Besides, they have a senior citizen menu for me!
Farmer Boys sounds intriguing. Biscuits and Gravy available???

I've got Grant going with me and he can wheel his XJ this trip. I'll try and round up a few more too. What time would you like to meet for breakfast?
Unread 09-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #19781
Gomez
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone know where I can get a cheap new or used 31X10.5 tire? Preferably an MT to use as a spare.
[COLOR="White"][B][SIZE="3"]White Jeep Club #1904[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[U][B]Useful Write-ups:[/B][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-forum-faq-615132/"]TJ FAQ[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp (A must read)[/URL]
[URL="http://pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/index.html"]Recovery Tips[/URL]
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #19782
StupendousMan

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quick question, Where do you guys get your tires from and do you always look for mud treads? Looking to buy some 33's, just got some 15" rims and 35 pro comp muds, that have about 40% left but don't want the hassle of beefing everything up to run 35's.
StupendousMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 11:32 AM   #19783
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupendousMan View Post
Quick question, Where do you guys get your tires from and do you always look for mud treads? Looking to buy some 33's, just got some 15" rims and 35 pro comp muds, that have about 40% left but don't want the hassle of beefing everything up to run 35's.
Unless you have a Dana 35 rear axle 35's aren't that big a deal. I'm currently running 35's with a D30, D44, and 4" of lift. I'm re-geared at 4.56 with stock brakes but I have a 5 speed. I can see a brake upgrade in my future and will upgrade axle shafts as needed. I'm not afraid to wheel my rig hard but I try to be smart with wheel placement. So far so good.

As for where to buy I used 4 Wheel Parts. I also got the road hazard coverage and it paid off when I sliced a tire going up the Bronco peak connector. I'll never buy another set of Jeep tires without that coverage!
Unread 09-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #19784
StupendousMan

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Unless you have a Dana 35 rear axle 35's aren't that big a deal. I'm currently running 35's with a D30, D44, and 4" of lift. I'm re-geared at 4.56 with stock brakes but I have a 5 speed. I can see a brake upgrade in my future and will upgrade axle shafts as needed. I'm not afraid to wheel my rig hard but I try to be smart with wheel placement. So far so good.

As for where to buy I used 4 Wheel Parts. I also got the road hazard coverage and it paid off when I sliced a tire going up the Bronco peak connector. I'll never buy another set of Jeep tires without that coverage!

Thanks, good thinking about the coverage. Yeah, I have a d44 with a 3.25 lift (thinking about the body lift soon) but didn't want to re-gear, so might just run some 33 until the funds are a little more flowing
StupendousMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #19785
CostcoPizza
Fresh Baked

1998 ZJ 

I saw an inca gold tj with a jf sticker on in at palomar college, anyone here?
CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.