18Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #18061 of Old 04-12-2010, 09:45 AM
ankyle62
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: El Cajon, CA
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I am more looking availability than cheaper, if I ordered today straight from them it would be pushing it to get it here and installed before friday.
UPS got my tire carrier from quadratech from PA to san diego in 5 days, shipped on monday and got here on friday. order it early today for same day shipping

ankyle62 is offline  
post #18062 of Old 04-12-2010, 12:45 PM
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
There's a 4WD shop up the I-15 a few miles from you on the other side of Lake Elsinore, they might be worth a try, or, there's a shop in Corona that hits all the off-road events, Inland Empire Driveline??
StvDiego is offline  
post #18063 of Old 04-12-2010, 01:12 PM
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler
 
RikRotorhead's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
There's a 4WD shop up the I-15 a few miles from you on the other side of Lake Elsinore, they might be worth a try, or, there's a shop in Corona that hits all the off-road events, Inland Empire Driveline??
That guy off the 15 is a repair shop. He mostly installs Hemi's in Jeeps. Nice guy, very pricey.
I think he want's to install it before we go to Superstition this weekend, so it would have to be a local pickup kinda' thing I think.
They are at the junk yard right now. We were wheeling yesterday and Richie broke the yoke on his drive shaft. Broke in kind of a funny spot.

Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline  
post #18064 of Old 04-12-2010, 01:46 PM
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I think he want's to install it before we go to Superstition this weekend, so it would have to be a local pickup kinda' thing I think.
He'll probably have better luck going North, maybe one of the 4WD shops near Riverside. San Diego sucks for parts.

But ya know, Jeff is at work right now and..............
StvDiego is offline  
post #18065 of Old 04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 17,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
He'll probably have better luck going North, maybe one of the 4WD shops near Riverside. San Diego sucks for parts.

But ya know, Jeff is at work right now and..............


Sure, pull mine out. Just leave me an ARB to replace it with.

.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline  
post #18066 of Old 04-12-2010, 07:08 PM
LanceUCSD
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13
San Diego Drive shaft repair

Dented my rear drive shaft at Superstition this last weekend so now im looking for any recommendations on shops in San Diego to get it repaired. Closer to Poway the better but not that important.

Thanks for the help!
LanceUCSD is offline  
post #18067 of Old 04-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Chris
Guy with jeep
 
Chris's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wildomar/ Big Bear
Posts: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
That guy off the 15 is a repair shop. He mostly installs Hemi's in Jeeps. Nice guy, very pricey.
I think he want's to install it before we go to Superstition this weekend, so it would have to be a local pickup kinda' thing I think.
They are at the junk yard right now. We were wheeling yesterday and Richie broke the yoke on his drive shaft. Broke in kind of a funny spot.
Correct I am looking for one for this weekend.

Has anyone welded their apider gears in their D30? Will it work?
Chris is offline  
post #18068 of Old 04-12-2010, 08:58 PM
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler
 
CRAWLING 98's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SanDago
Posts: 2,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceUCSD View Post
Dented my rear drive shaft at Superstition this last weekend so now im looking for any recommendations on shops in San Diego to get it repaired. Closer to Poway the better but not that important.

Thanks for the help!
Is it dented or bent? Can you feel the vibration while driving?

Group W Bench
CRAWLING 98 is offline  
post #18069 of Old 04-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Bajachief
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 34
Drive Shaft repair

East County Driveshaft
1467 North Magnolia Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92020-1621

Just over the 52 or down the 67 from Poway
Bajachief is offline  
post #18070 of Old 04-12-2010, 09:31 PM
LanceUCSD
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13
I dont feel any vibes while driving, which kinda surprised me because its dented and scrapped pretty good. I'll be jacking it up in a bit to see how it looks at a slow idle. Really surprised at how well it still drives at freeway speeds, just not to comfortable with the way it is.
LanceUCSD is offline  
post #18071 of Old 04-12-2010, 09:42 PM
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler
 
CRAWLING 98's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SanDago
Posts: 2,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceUCSD View Post
I dont feel any vibes while driving, which kinda surprised me because its dented and scrapped pretty good. I'll be jacking it up in a bit to see how it looks at a slow idle. Really surprised at how well it still drives at freeway speeds, just not to comfortable with the way it is.
If you are not feeling vibration then you really should not have to worry about it.

Driveline is a good place as previously posted. Normal charges for driveshafts is around $100.00 though.

Group W Bench
CRAWLING 98 is offline  
post #18072 of Old 04-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
 
Joe Dillard's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lexington Park
Posts: 13,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
thanks for getting some pics. i showed them to nicole and she thought they were awesome. sorry it tooks so long to write back i just got back from a 3 week underway...
You're welcome.

Hmm, coincidentally, I just got back too....from a 3 day trip (not 3 weeks underway ).
Joe Dillard is offline  
post #18073 of Old 04-12-2010, 10:14 PM
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Has anyone welded their apider gears in their D30? Will it work?
Certainly do-able. Makes steering a challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajachief View Post
East County Driveshaft
1467 North Magnolia Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92020-1621

Just over the 52 or down the 67 from Poway
X2, good folks, $80-$100 is about the norm

You have an LJ? My old TJ shaft wouldn't fit unfortunately...
StvDiego is offline  
post #18074 of Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 PM
LanceUCSD
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
If you are not feeling vibration then you really should not have to worry about it.

Driveline is a good place as previously posted. Normal charges for driveshafts is around $100.00 though.
Thanks for the replys. I just watched it spin and its doesnt look too bad. I think I'll wait on the repair for a while and see how it goes. You are right on with the cost, I called them before posting and thier quote was $100 - $150.

Thanks
LanceUCSD is offline  
post #18075 of Old 04-12-2010, 10:18 PM
ankyle62
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: El Cajon, CA
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajachief View Post
East County Driveshaft
1467 North Magnolia Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92020-1621

Just over the 52 or down the 67 from Poway
+1 nice guy
ankyle62 is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
San Diego Meet and Greet, Jan 2nd 11AM Fiesta Island Jeebs SanDiego 243 12-28-2012 06:30 PM
Monster Jam San Diego (January 23rd) Delta347 SanDiego 7 01-09-2010 09:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome