San Diego Area - Page 1202 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Reply
Unread 04-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #18016
RikRotorhead
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Wow! No roll bar, no seat belts, three people in the front seat, skinny tires, no lockers, no lift, and they all lived to tell about it. Funny how oblivious they were to safety.
No thanks. I'll take at least the roll bar and seat belts.

__________________
Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #18017
SDDAVE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,924
No air bags!
No wenches!
Ill bet they didn't even have stereos!
They probably slept on the ground under the stars.
Cooked over an open fire.
Drank whiskey from a bottle.

I guess we don't measure up these days.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #18018
RikRotorhead
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDAVE View Post
No air bags!
No wenches!
Ill bet they didn't even have stereos!
They probably slept on the ground under the stars.
Cooked over an open fire.
Drank whiskey from a bottle.

I guess we don't measure up these days.
I saw plenty of wenches in those Jeeps. No winches tho'.
I remember my dad's Jeep. No roll bar or seat belts. I'm surprised we were not killed in that thing. My sisters and I would ride in the back seat and bounce all over the place. Fun times.
__________________
Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #18019
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,560
they should REALLY considering putting a stronger tie rod and drag link on that thing for the size of tires...thats stock!
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #18020
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,560
jesus...stock links too. LMAO
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #18021
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
The video is probably fake because I know you can't run the Rubicon with out a Rubicon or at minimum 3"s of lift, 33's, lockers and alloy shafts, not humanely possible


So I'm out in El Centro, what a mess, lots of damaged buildings, parked across from one on Main St. with the whole front of the building gone.

Coming across the I-8 past Jacumba it looks like a land/rock slide marathon all the way down to the desert. A lot of those big boulders are down on the side of the road

I'm wondering what Sandstone Canyon, Split Mountain,Canyon Sin Nombre and all that area looks like now
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #18022
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,323
If anybody is looking for a nice tow rig/diesel truck, let me know.

A good friend/fellow Jeeper is selling his white 2wd F250 7.3L Powerstroke crew cab short bed with a nice shell. I'm not sure, but I *think* the milage is ~150K. I'm not sure what year it is, but I'm thinking it *might* be an 2001. Maintenance is impecable. It has a cab mounted CB, but I'm not sure if he's removing it or not. I drove this truck to Colorado & back a couple years ago with my trailer & Jeep in tow. It drives awesome. It's set-up with an automatic airbag system as well.

The truck is located in Tierra Santa.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #18023
jbolty
Moderator
 
jbolty's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
If anybody is looking for a nice tow rig/diesel truck, let me know.

A good friend/fellow Jeeper is selling his white 2wd F250 7.3L Powerstroke crew cab short bed with a nice shell. I'm not sure, but I *think* the milage is ~150K. I'm not sure what year it is, but I'm thinking it *might* be an 2001. Maintenance is impecable. It has a cab mounted CB, but I'm not sure if he's removing it or not. I drove this truck to Colorado & back a couple years ago with my trailer & Jeep in tow. It drives awesome. It's set-up with an automatic airbag system as well.

The truck is located in Tierra Santa.
Just a shell? Or is it a camper? Any idea how much?
__________________
.
"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #18024
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,323
That video was cool!

Speed limit = 35 MPH!
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #18025
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,323
It's a shell Jeff, not a camper. I don't recall which brand - but it's one of the more popular ones IIRC.

I'll call him & ask him what he's asking for it & I'll post back here.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #18026
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,323
He hasn't came to a firm price yet - he just now decided that he's putting it up for sale. He mentioned that he's basically going to ask close to whatever Blue Book is on it, and negotiate some from there, which is fair.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #18027
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
I was out in El Centro yesterday, interesting how normal things appear, at first glance.

Drove down Main St., just about every other window is broken, block walls are leaning or down, buildings with support beams holding up walls, telephone poles leaning over; Calexico is much, much worse. Most of the downtown businesses are closed.

They're saying that some of the schools may never re-open, hundreds of homes will have to be torn down, lots of road repairs including I-8. I stopped in to talk with David Wymore and they are re-building almost every water clarify in the area, water pumps, broken pipes and flanges. If nothing else there's lots of construction work out there

We were coming back west on the I-8 when a good size quake hit, the dust cloud all along the hills was pretty impressive.

Coming through the mountains by Campo and points east there's lots of obvious movement, the north side of the cinder cone hill past the check point has slid down, hundreds of those huge boulders are laying down by the highway, the balancing rock near Jacumba/Boulevard is no more, down the grade there's rocks all along the side of the freeway and that big hill near the train tracks and the old gas station west of Ocotillo has a huge sinkhole in it.

So next weekend at Supersition could be interesting. I'm hoping to make a trip up to Canyon Sin Nombre, the arroyos and Sandstone Canyon/Fish Creek/Split Mountain and see how things have faired there.
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #18028
EJames1226
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Escondido, California
Posts: 3,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
I was out in El Centro yesterday, interesting how normal things appear, at first glance.

Drove down Main St., just about every other window is broken, block walls are leaning or down, buildings with support beams holding up walls, telephone poles leaning over; Calexico is much, much worse. Most of the downtown businesses are closed.

They're saying that some of the schools may never re-open, hundreds of homes will have to be torn down, lots of road repairs including I-8. I stopped in to talk with David Wymore and they are re-building almost every water clarify in the area, water pumps, broken pipes and flanges. If nothing else there's lots of construction work out there

We were coming back west on the I-8 when a good size quake hit, the dust cloud all along the hills was pretty impressive.

Coming through the mountains by Campo and points east there's lots of obvious movement, the north side of the cinder cone hill past the check point has slid down, hundreds of those huge boulders are laying down by the highway, the balancing rock near Jacumba/Boulevard is no more, down the grade there's rocks all along the side of the freeway and that big hill near the train tracks and the old gas station west of Ocotillo has a huge sinkhole in it.

So next weekend at Supersition could be interesting. I'm hoping to make a trip up to Canyon Sin Nombre, the arroyos and Sandstone Canyon/Fish Creek/Split Mountain and see how things have faired there.
Makes me wonder if the rocks at blair valley campground fell down. We were camped in the same spot as when we went several years ago, right under the rocks.
__________________
Damage Initiation Specialist: Eric's Jeep Repair Club, San Diego Chapter
EJames1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #18029
ankyle62
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: El Cajon, CA
Posts: 313
another 5.5 hit about 20mins ago. good that the plates are relieving pressure slowly instead of one huge one.
ankyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #18030
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,560
yea. i felt that. so awesome...and DEF good theyre relieving pressure! the last thing we want is another mount st helens! LOL

whats weird about all that destruction out east is that i cant seem to find any news coverage of it anywhere?? wtf?
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.