San Diego Area - Page 1113 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 12-18-2009, 10:53 PM   #16681
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Anybody going to the boat parade in SD on Sunday night?
Is that this Sunday? If we're back from the run, yeah...


Someone needs to buy some of this and add it to the camping chuckwagon:Maple Bacon Coffee


Last edited by StvDiego; 12-18-2009 at 11:34 PM..
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 03:50 AM   #16682
Delta347
Web Wheeler
 
Delta347's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 1,574
I highly doubt it but has anyone ever seen a black Mercedes ML-Class (430 specifically) SUV in any of the pick a parts or other junkyards?

Nicole backed her ML430 into one of the yellow metal poles in the Fashion Valley parking lot and pulverized her driver side fender.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #16683
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
Diamond plate aluminum corner guards, polished, pure bling






Pep Boys has backup cameras on sale too
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 12:32 PM   #16684
KraZeDav
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Santee,Calif
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
Hi guys,
it's been awhile but i'm heading back to San Diego this weekend for two weeks!!! i'm excited and i'm hoping that i might finally be able to get my 3.5 in lift on my jeep. but i've been looking to go from a 30" to a 31" tire and i have to say the prices these days for tires are freaking looney.... does anyone know where i can get a good used set or should i just run the 30 in tires and just get 31's when i return for good some time between june and dec next year??

anyways, any body talking about doing a day trip or over night trip anywhere? my brothe and i have been looking to go out to anza and hit up some trails maybe for the day or overnight... i think jeebs was thinking abou ti too...
Craigslist usually has many offers for sets of 31" tires.
Going from 30 to 31 not really much of a gain.
If you are gonna lift it 3.5" get 33" .What's your gear ratio.
KraZeDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #16685
Jeebs
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraZeDav View Post
Going from 30 to 31 not really much of a gain.
If you are gonna lift it 3.5" get 33" .What's your gear ratio.
X2

I don't really see the benefit in spending the money to go from 30's to 31's.

I think he is running 3.55 gears. Its a '95 ZJ with an auto w/V8.
__________________
San Diego Group
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #16686
Delta347
Web Wheeler
 
Delta347's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Diamond plate aluminum corner guards, polished, pure bling
Pep Boys has backup cameras on sale too
I might turn that back up camera into a side camera....

The pole was to the left of her parking spot and normally no one would hit it but she tried making a sharp turn outta the spot there by hitting the pole.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #16687
RikRotorhead
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,879
See?! You told her that external roll cage would have been a good idea.
Just tell everbody you went off roading up in Johnson Valley with it, and it's trail rash.

Yeah, the boat parade is tomorrow evening. I think the fireworks are at 5:30, than the parade. I'm kinda' up in the air about going.
__________________
Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #16688
StvDiego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 3,889
Finally got the fuel leak fixed. Pulled the tank and found the seal on the sending unit had gotten mashed, probably when I smacked that rock at Coyote Canyon. It was caved in a couple of inches

Changed the sending unit and installed a Kilby skid while it was all out. Jeep sits much nicer now with the lower suspension lift, body lift and raised skids. Looking at possibly downsizing to 33's now

But first, The Axle Swap Redux
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #16689
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler
 
CRAWLING 98's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: , Kalifornia
Posts: 2,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Well as long as they only need to work when going forward

I actually need to adjust my parking brake again >.<
Rear Brakes required too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpapy View Post
Hi guys,
it's been awhile but i'm heading back to San Diego this weekend for two weeks!!! i'm excited and i'm hoping that i might finally be able to get my 3.5 in lift on my jeep. but i've been looking to go from a 30" to a 31" tire and i have to say the prices these days for tires are freaking looney.... does anyone know where i can get a good used set or should i just run the 30 in tires and just get 31's when i return for good some time between june and dec next year??

anyways, any body talking about doing a day trip or over night trip anywhere? my brother and i have been looking to go out to anza and hit up some trails maybe for the day or overnight... i think jeebs was thinking about it too...
You have a Jeep???


I hope that Jason does not sell my jeep too.
__________________
Group W Bench
CRAWLING 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #16690
MooseMarine
JP'N MTBR
 
MooseMarine's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Camp Pendleton
Posts: 214
Im takin the kids to the parade. This is will be the first year. Hope its worth it.
__________________
You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
_______
/| ,[____],
|---L '[]lllllll[]'
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
MooseMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #16691
sebastian22
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 2,033
Anyone need some front TJ flares?

I no longer require them.

__________________
95 Black YJ
sebastian22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #16692
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,555
no, but ill take that cerveza!
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #16693
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,555
i just got off the phone w/the insurance company...they're writing me a check for $4000. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #16694
KraZeDav
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Santee,Calif
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
i just got off the phone w/the insurance company...they're writing me a check for $4000. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!
KraZeDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #16695
RikRotorhead
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian22 View Post
Anyone need some front TJ flares?

I no longer require them.



You crack me up Sebastian. You have a really tricked out Jeep, and are still running on four angry squirrels. When are you going to drop a 4.3L V6 in that bad boy?
__________________
Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.