San Diego Area - Page 1096 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 11-15-2009, 12:48 AM   #16426
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

who's finger got mashed??? is it bad?

well, you better bet your a$$ i will be removing my aftermarket stuff (lights, tires/wheels, springs, CB, etc) and giving it back to them stock if they total the vehicle. its presently parked in my garage and has yet to see a shop. i'll get some pics on monday when i get my SLR from work.

i'm sad but happy at the same time. i will demand NO less then how it was before i got in the accident. IE: all parts will need to be replaced. i refuse to have sh** welded on my front axle due to his incompetent drivng skillz. lol with that, i hope they total the vehicle out and i get out of my payments and can purchase a cheaper, dedicated trail rig (prob a YJ) and a foxbody. yaaaay! lol

oooor, i can buy it back from them for pennies on teh dollar and fix it my darn self! LOL!

Unread 11-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #16427
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like that might hurt.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #16428
StvDiego

Give Jimmy The Mashed Finger Award

Pictures don't do it justice, pretty cool looking with all the blood pouring out and skin hanging off

But check out that ARB install, who needs fancy tools, bah, give me a BFH!!!
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #16429
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Give Jimmy The Mashed Finger Award

Pictures don't do it justice, pretty cool looking with all the blood pouring out and skin hanging off

But check out that ARB install, who needs fancy tools, bah, give me a BFH!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Looks like that might hurt.

It hurt like hell (still does) but give me a paper towel and that screwdriver and I'll keep on going.....

See paper towel on finger
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #16430
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

jesus christ jimmy!! i sure hope you drank copious amounts of drink to wash that pain away...if not, i'll be sure to do that for you today! LOL
Unread 11-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #16431
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

i got wheels!!! Y camp van...LOL! this thing is awesome! i can get some much needed projects done around the house now lol

just got my camera from my office. im gonna take some pics and post up later. for now, its mimosa sunday funday time!
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #16432
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

jk wreck pictures by jasonpremo - Photobucket

i didnt get any good pics of the track bar, tie rod or drag link...but you get the idea. pretty much every mounting point on the axle is bent to some degree. i'm still workign on picks of the other car. lol
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #16433
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Jason - I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but someone broke your control arm mount.

That sucks dude. At a minimum you are gonna need everything replaced on the front suspension. Who knows what might be bent or tweeked on the frame either.
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #16434
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, bummer. At least the cops were able to help find the idiot that caused all this mess. Good to hear that you weren't hurt.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #16435
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
jk wreck pictures by jasonpremo - Photobucket

i didnt get any good pics of the track bar, tie rod or drag link...but you get the idea. pretty much every mounting point on the axle is bent to some degree. i'm still workign on picks of the other car. lol
That's a lot of work and expense at dealer/body shop rates. How would you make out financially if it's totaled? Coverage amount vs amount owed?
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #16436
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

i have Gap insurance...i will walk away without a $500/month payment. i'm honestly hoping its totalled. LOL

and yea, the entire front axle assy and all things bolted to it have been comprimised. i'm bringing it to the dealership for repair estimate...with ALL NEW parts, included my aftermarket stuffs. one of 2 thigns will happen, either i'll get all new parts or ill get out of payments. im hoping for the later of the two. lol

on the fone with his insurance company now. it looks like he's still in jail and it was in fact his parents car. *******.
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #16437
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i have Gap insurance...i will walk away without a $500/month payment. i'm honestly hoping its totalled. LOL

and yea, the entire front axle assy and all things bolted to it have been comprimised. i'm bringing it to the dealership for repair estimate...with ALL NEW parts, included my aftermarket stuffs. one of 2 thigns will happen, either i'll get all new parts or ill get out of payments. im hoping for the later of the two. lol

on the fone with his insurance company now. it looks like he's still in jail and it was in fact his parents car. *******.
you should let him work it off as your butler

Unread 11-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #16438
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

lol

so get this....it turns out its NOT his parents car. he's not even on the insurance for the car....i have no idea who this kid is. maybe stolen? wow...

i'm on hold and transferred to Dallas state farm office (where the car is from)
Unread 11-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #16439
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
lol

so get this....it turns out its NOT his parents car. he's not even on the insurance for the car....i have no idea who this kid is. maybe stolen? wow...

i'm on hold and transferred to Dallas state farm office (where the car is from)
You still on hold?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #16440
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

nope...30 minutes later adn i got to file a claim with them. looks like the kid is in jail and his insurance info is the one that told dad. still no idea who's car it is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.