San Diego Area - Page 1095 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #16411
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

SNOWJAM :: Ski & Snowboard Show

Unread 11-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #16412
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

thanks jeebs ill prob get there by 11ish im leaving hb at 10

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #16413
StvDiego

Does this involve, like, SNOW ?? Like COLD SNOW??

Yikes

And now for something completely different, a Jeep question...

Where can I get a D30 Inner Axle Seal today in SD? Tried all the auto parts stores and I get The Stare...

Might try East County Driveline
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #16414
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Does this involve, like, SNOW ?? Like COLD SNOW??

Yikes

And now for something completely different, a Jeep question...

Where can I get a D30 Inner Axle Seal today in SD? Tried all the auto parts stores and I get The Stare...

Might try East County Driveline
I may have one or two at the house, but if so they would be for my stock size axles.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #16415
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

try Kragen. thats where I get my conversion inner seals. Chicago Rawhide. think the part number is 3001 or something like that
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #16416
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I may have one or two at the house, but if so they would be for my stock size axles.
Thank you, I'll see you tonight. All the manufacturers swear that the stock seals work with 20 spline shafts, i guess we'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
try Kragen. thats where I get my conversion inner seals. Chicago Rawhide. think the part number is 3001 or something like that
I'll put that to good use, every place I went to tried to sell me a "spindle" seal for a Jeep front axle.
Unread 11-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #16417
StvDiego

I'm going to be in the Temecula/Lake Elsinore tomorrow morning (Saturday 9-14) for a couple of hours, anyone need anything to or from??

Speaking of tomorrow:

4WheelParts in El Cajon is doing a Grand Opening at their new location on Bradley, giving away free tow straps (with coupon - while supplies last) and all the usual stuff, discounts etc. I'm not a big fan of theirs but you can usually find good deals, especially on big ticket items, when they have these things.

Last edited by StvDiego; 11-13-2009 at 05:33 PM..
Unread 11-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #16418
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

wow I was way off. Just looked it up on my mod spreadsheet. The D30 conversion inner axle seal for using XJ/TJ shafts in a YJ to eliminate the 2 piece inner is Chicago Rawhide Part Number 11800. I have gotten them thru Kragen Auto Parts. last time I tried Auto Zone didnt carry Chicago Rawhide
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #16419
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
wow I was way off.
And is anyone surprised by this??

Unread 11-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #16420
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

sooooooo, i got into a wreck last night in the JK. it went something like this:

11pm, drive to del taco for some win, devour half the food immedietly, get beer, drive home. get on west point loma, cross over nimitz, road narrows to a 2 lane road, car in front of me swerves right then hooks it left...RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, cutting me off. i swerve to the left to avoid collision, hit the brakes, he swerves to the left to engage collision..then bang! up and over the drivers side fender and onto the hood of this car i go! i completely sheared off the front clip and come landign down. pull over and park. get out of my jeep and see it speeding off, sorta, around the corner onto nimitz (heading toward the point). i go all WTF, turn around and 3 cops were coming from OB down W.PL my direction. finally a cop when you need one, right! i flag them down, "yo, i just got hit and he run...grey audi, that way!" they speed off, 1 of them comes back about 10 minutes later. "can you describe the other vehicle?" "hard to say, it looked like a grey audi or jetta from under neath me" he laughs. it was an altima, at least i got the colour right! anyways, he appently was f-in hammered, 19, borrowing somjeones car (TX plates lol). he went to jail.

the JK? well, it faired ok i guess...my axle is over an inch towards driver side, it sheared the lower control arm mount off the axle and god knows what else, i havent looked at it in the day light just yet, i still need coffee. my tacos....cold and soggy from teh beer that flew off the seat and exploded all over the floor board..on my side! WTF?? LOL i drove it home at about 10mph with half a 6 pack of rolling rock under my feet and parked in the garage.

jeep 1, nissan 0

AMEEEERICA.....F*** YEA!
Unread 11-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #16421
StvDiego

Dude that bites, all that good beer gone to waste

oh yeah, glad you're ok too

Drunk Drivers Suck
Unread 11-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #16422
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

YUP! looked a bit closer today...the JKS discos are WAY contorted, the axle is shifted towards the rear and driver side 2 inches in both directions, my shock is folded up like a damn godita, the pass side tire hit the fenders/frame, my procomp adjust track bar is hammered and my BRAND NEW rancho steering stabilizer is toast. probably shot out all the control arm bushings too im sure. my lower pass arm looks to be in bad shape. still tho, WAAAY better off then the altima. go jeep! LOL
Unread 11-14-2009, 11:18 PM   #16423
StvDiego

The obvious question at this point is:

WHERE ARE THE PICS

Maybe you'll get lucky and insurance will total it
Unread 11-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #16424
StvDiego

Well managed to make very little progress on The Great Axle Swap Weekend

The toll so far:

One crushed finger that should probably have stitches, two twelve packs of beer and too much junk food

Jeff has pics of the blood

If nothing else the new, lower lift is set up nice (although it sits higher than before since I did the body lift, never saw that coming), the Ford has new coolant, and we did manage to get the new front axle mostly rebuilt and learned a lot about setting up gears, carriers and axles. I'm thinking the ball joint that exploded should probably be replaced.

Correction and edit: Jeff has a very, very good ball joint tool, however, accounting for user-error, and lack of a Jeep/Dodge adapter, it would have gone much easier. So I'll look into getting the correct Jeep/Dodge adapter and...

To continue: replace all the ball joints while the axle is apart. The locker and way cool 30 spline shafts are in tho.

Made the discovery that 30 spline Dana 30 axle shafts use Rubicon axle seals. And believe it or not ran across a parts guy at a Jeep dealership that actually knows a lot about Jeeps. amazing stuff. Dave at Rancho Jeep in Temecula. Give him an A, he actually drives a YJ...

All is not lost

Last edited by StvDiego; 11-15-2009 at 12:55 PM..
Unread 11-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #16425
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
YUP! looked a bit closer today...the JKS discos are WAY contorted, the axle is shifted towards the rear and driver side 2 inches in both directions, my shock is folded up like a damn godita, the pass side tire hit the fenders/frame, my procomp adjust track bar is hammered and my BRAND NEW rancho steering stabilizer is toast. probably shot out all the control arm bushings too im sure. my lower pass arm looks to be in bad shape. still tho, WAAAY better off then the altima. go jeep! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
The obvious question at this point is:

WHERE ARE THE PICS

Maybe you'll get lucky and insurance will total it
Yes, most of the time when so much is bent the insurance will total it. If you have a lot of good mod stuff on it you can purchase it back from the insurance company cheap (it will also have a salvaged title it you dont part it out).

I agree with Steve too..
worthless.gif  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.