San Diego Area - Page 1091 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 11-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #16351
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Chris...
Thanks for the hookup on the 6" trencher and the electrical conduit.
The guy with the 6" drain pipe is going to come through with 200 feet of it for free, delivered to my ranch, so that worked out well.
I've got some work to do this weekend!
Are you working on your new patio cover this weekend?
Any recent pics of it yet?
The guy on Jefferson works some pretty good deals on redwood. I got a great deal from him when I built the dock on my pond.
They are probably hurting for business right now too. He's on Jefferson just south of Ivy, across from that hunk of concrete they call a historical monument.
I remember you said you have a relative or something that owns a lumber yard.

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #16352
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
I've been selling VW parts for the last decade and then some, so I better be able to tell that one! The wheels are easy to find, try the classifieds at TheSamba.com :: Volkswagen Classifieds, photos, shows, forums, and information. Or my work, Vintage VW Parts, Volkswagen Parts, VW Bug Parts and VW Bus Parts @ jbugs.com. for new ones.
Thank you very much!
San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded

Last edited by Poobah; 11-05-2009 at 11:43 AM..
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #16353
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Hi! We are flying down to get the stuff that you helped put into storage. My knee and hand have gotten much worse lately, I think its the cold, so I need help loading. Should be easier this time, though. Did you get my email?
Moose - No, I didn't get an email from you recently...?

Wheelers for the Wounded
Unread 11-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #16354
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys - a recent request was made to me asking that a special section be added to the board for the San Diego Area folks. After asking the powers that be, it is under consideration and what I need is an answer to this:

Would you prefer a San Diego Area be added to the Jeep Club area of the board (like the Colorado, TORC etc) folks have?

Of would you prefer a sub forum be added to the South West USA section, called San Diego Area?

I'm not sure if the second option is possible, but I still need to know.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #16355
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Hey guys - a recent request was made to me asking that a special section be added to the board for the San Diego Area folks. After asking the powers that be, it is under consideration and what I need is an answer to this:

Would you prefer a San Diego Area be added to the Jeep Club area of the board (like the Colorado, TORC etc) folks have?

Of would you prefer a sub forum be added to the South West USA section, called San Diego Area?

Thanks,
Joe
This. We aren't really a club, but the SD thread gets a lot of daily activity.
RJC#512
Unread 11-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #16356
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Who's looking for Rubi 44's with 4:10's?

JEEP DANA 44 REAR / FRONT !RUBICON!
RJC#512
Unread 11-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #16357
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks,
Joe
Personally I would prefer a san diego sub-forum under the southwest section.

cramming all our runs, chit chat and other crap into one thread is a mess and we have tried having a SD runs only thread but it got lost in all the general southwest stuff.

Or, call it SoCal if we want to be a little less provincial than just "San Diego".

Plus we are living under the constant threat of the OP, JPJEEPER, deleting this thread.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #16358
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Anybody want a Zombieland poster?
I somehow ended up with 25 of them. New, color, full size theatrical, original release posters. 927X40 inches)
If you can't pick one up from me, PM me your email linked to your paypal and I will only charge you for the postage and mailing tube.
I have 21 left. Hurry!

More in this thread
RJC#512
Unread 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #16359
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Hey Chris...
Thanks for the hookup on the 6" trencher and the electrical conduit.
The guy with the 6" drain pipe is going to come through with 200 feet of it for free, delivered to my ranch, so that worked out well.
I've got some work to do this weekend!
Are you working on your new patio cover this weekend?
Any recent pics of it yet?
The guy on Jefferson works some pretty good deals on redwood. I got a great deal from him when I built the dock on my pond.
They are probably hurting for business right now too. He's on Jefferson just south of Ivy, across from that hunk of concrete they call a historical monument.
I remember you said you have a relative or something that owns a lumber yard.
No Problem and glad you could get the pipe.
No I am wine tasting on Saturday with the other half and her friends and then Sunday just cleaning up the yard and trimming eveything.
The guy on Jefferson I believe is JW Redwood, I haven't been there yet but I will check them out, I didn't know that chunk of concrete was a historical monument what the heck is it, it looks like an old outhouse.
An old highschool buddy runs a lumber yard up in the high desert so I can get most things at cost but it all depends on what he pays, sometimes places like Lowe's or Depot are cheaper.

Quote:

Thanks,
Joe
I also think it should probably be in the Southwest area and of course you should call it So Cal not San Diego, I think it would get alot more activity that way.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #16360
CDavisJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone know of a beach in San Diego county that the public can drive on? I know of Fiesta Island but that's not much of a beach.
CDavisJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #16361
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDavisJK View Post
Does anyone know of a beach in San Diego county that the public can drive on? I know of Fiesta Island but that's not much of a beach.
No such thing.

Is there one in CA at all? I think Pismo, at one time years ago.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #16362
CDavisJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. It looks like you can still go to Pismo and drive around the southern area with the Sand Dunes. I wish it was closer. I need to find a good weekend where I can drive up 5 hours and camp out there.
CDavisJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #16363
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
there are a couple TJ's at ecology
Which location??
Quote:
Just saw that a brief report was filed on it here:

CHP Traffic Incident Information Page

Go to San Diego & pull down the resources & select Filed Incidents.
When I look at that site it gives the current reports (i.e. today's).
Unread 11-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #16364
StvDiego

Quote:

Thanks,
Joe
I'm not sure we should be SoCal inclusive, not to be exclusive, but this thread is pretty convoluted as it is. Imagine if LA, Orange, Riverside and so on all chimed in on a single thread/ Massteria

Even tho we aren't a club maybe we should be a "regional area" and make the rest of the world jealous.
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #16365
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks,
Joe
Dang it I replied but it didn't post so here goes again...

My two pesos - definitely not in the club section...heck, I don't think anyone goes there and new people to the area will find us via the regional sections, not the clubs. I agree with Steve, heck if we are going to do it, do San Diego, not SoCal. They'll know where to find us... For sure under Southwest...I doubt we would use it if it was in the club area...we would revert back to this thread.

Wheelers for the Wounded

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.