San Diego Area - Page 1058 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #15856
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Finally.

Put the first coat of rustoleum on the underside of my fenders tonight.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #15857
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Hey everyone, I'm Sam. New to the Jeep (TJ), not new to dirt. Spent too many years in an 11 car racing off-road (MDR series class champ 5 times). I just relocated up to Temecula area after growing up in Oceanside. Still working in O'side, and still consider myself a resident of North County. Seems like I spend more than half of my day there.....

Anyways, I'll be peeking around. Matter of fact, this weekend (10/2-10/4) I'll be taking the TJ out for my maiden voyage with it in the dirt. My brother has a TJ as well and I'll be meeting him up there. Anybody here head up there? Just wondering what I'm in for?

Hope to see you guys somewhere,

Sam
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #15858
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMac View Post
Hi everyone. Kind of new to the site. Not sure if I should be posting here or somewhere else? I live in San Diego (Poway area) but my Jeep lives at my river place , I use it for winter fun and to launch and retrieve my boat. This seems like a great site with so much information, I am having overload symptoms, hopefully my eyes will straighten out soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
Hey everyone, I'm Sam. New to the Jeep (TJ), not new to dirt. Spent too many years in an 11 car racing off-road (MDR series class champ 5 times). I just relocated up to Temecula area after growing up in Oceanside. Still working in O'side, and still consider myself a resident of North County. Seems like I spend more than half of my day there.....

Anyways, I'll be peeking around. Matter of fact, this weekend (10/2-10/4) I'll be taking the TJ out for my maiden voyage with it in the dirt. My brother has a TJ as well and I'll be meeting him up there. Anybody here head up there? Just wondering what I'm in for?

Sam
Ok, start at page one and get reading so you can catch up

And of course, pics
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #15859
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Ok, start at page one and get reading so you can catch up

And of course, pics
I've been skimming for the last couple days............

I'll be taking lots of pics at Wildomar, maybe some video. That's what 2 gig memory cards are for! Hopefully we'll both (my brother and I) do alright. Were both in stock TJs. He's on 30s, I'm on 31s. I will be disconnecting before hitting the trails. He's already done Cleghorn and some other stuff.
on two wheels anymore!

Unread 09-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #15860
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Sam
Hi Sam...welcome... You don't actually say where up there is that you are heading to this weekend so we can't answer your question... You just say you are meeting him up there and ask if anyone here heads up there... Where is there?

Edit: Your other post says something about Wildomar...is that where you meant?
San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #15861
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMac View Post
Hi everyone. Kind of new to the site. Not sure if I should be posting here or somewhere else? I live in San Diego (Poway area) but my Jeep lives at my river place , I use it for winter fun and to launch and retrieve my boat. This seems like a great site with so much information, I am having overload symptoms, hopefully my eyes will straighten out soon.
Hey there! I am in Poway as well. Bring that Jeep back this way and lets do some wheeling!

Quote:

Sam
There are a couple of people that live up near you and are regulars in this thread. It isn't far at all. Where are you heading this weekend? There is a Jeep swap meet this weekend that you may wanna check out too.
Unread 09-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #15862
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

PooBah,

Yeah, Wildomar OHV up off the Ortega. So far just me and my brothers TJs, maybe one of his buddies YJs. We'll see.

Jeebs,

I plan on hitting Coral Canyon sometime this season, but more often than not I'll end up out in Ocotillo or there abouts. Spent too many years on bikes and quads out there just to give it up!
on two wheels anymore!

Unread 09-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #15863
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
PooBah,

Yeah, Wildomar OHV up off the Ortega. So far just me and my brothers TJs, maybe one of his buddies YJs. We'll see.

Jeebs,

I plan on hitting Coral Canyon sometime this season, but more often than not I'll end up out in Ocotillo or there abouts. Spent too many years on bikes and quads out there just to give it up!
Those are two places we go a lot.

There has been a pretty active group here in this thread but for the last few months there was a combination of too hot to go out coupled with we all seemed to be either broken down or doing major mods at the same time.

That's all about to change though.

Stay in touch.
Unread 09-29-2009, 10:42 AM   #15864
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Finally.

Put the first coat of rustoleum on the underside of my fenders tonight.
Is your camera broken?
worthless.gif  
Unread 09-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #15865
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
Is your camera broken?
Actually, sort of. The battery was dead. Charging it now.

Just visualize..........

black

Unread 09-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #15866
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

finally back home!! from my other home....tahoe. LOL what a hell of a mini vacation! took PCH thru big sur up and down, did some GOOD wheeling, put the JK up on its side (intentionally, no real damage), camped 40 miles out into the forest on a lake, zip lines across a lake and dropped 30+ft in (no helmet, nothing...so much win!), watched my dad get married. good stuff!
Unread 09-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #15867
BarryMac
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Hey there! I am in Poway as well. Bring that Jeep back this way and lets do some wheeling!
Cool, not sure when the Jeep will be coming home, it's pretty happy being in the Desert year around, if it does make it's way back to So Cal I'll be checking in to see where everyone is meeting up to go wheeling...

BTW, thanks for the welcomes everyone...

Here is a pic of my old girl...
jeep-005.jpg  
Unread 09-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #15868
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

welcome aboard barry.
Unread 09-29-2009, 11:46 AM   #15869
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Took this on teh way back down thru Big Sur. god its amazing thru there! havent done the drive in nearly 2 yrs now!
Unread 09-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #15870
SpydermanTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
She is dancing for the ROUND headlights,,,

Sickly music though
What, no BeeGees for you??
I think the vid would have been better with her dancing while offroading. That's what Jeeps are made for, people!!!
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.