San Diego Area - Page 1055 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #15811
CaribouLouWJ
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Tell me more about this Expo you speak of. When is it? What vendors are there? All the major ones? I am wondering if I should wait on the lift and tires and see what kind of offers are available then. Do they bring equipment or does it still need to be shipped? I need answers!!!

Also, your MiFi is here. Arrived about 10 mins ago.

XJ now? What happened to the CJ project man?

2001.5 B5S4 500awhp gutted track car
2002 WJ Limited
4.7 HO, 6.5" LA, 37's, JK 44's SOLD
CaribouLouWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #15812
StvDiego

Quote:
Tell me more about this Expo you speak of. When is it? What vendors are there? All the major ones? I am wondering if I should wait on the lift and tires and see what kind of offers are available then. Do they bring equipment or does it still need to be shipped? I need answers!!!

Also, your MiFi is here. Arrived about 10 mins ago.
The Off-Road Expo comes around every year at the fairgrounds in Pomona. I went three years ago and they had awesome deals and a ton of vendors, two years ago it was half the size and noty many deals, didn't even bother last year.

This year? Who knows? Might be worth the trip if you're looking for something as major as a lift, etc. But it's also $20 just to get in. One would think that with the economy in recovery "cough" that the vndors will be out in force and pushing deals.

I'm not very seriously thinking about going but if you or someone else wanted to make a day of it I might be up for that.

Let's play with the MiFi, that should be fun, my own little wireless hot spot, now if we could only get someone to build us a repeater...

Last edited by StvDiego; 09-24-2009 at 11:35 PM..
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #15813
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouLouWJ View Post
I back tracked and found these just for you.

Quote:
My CJ7 is for sale in its current form. Asking $3,500 as is. Hoping I can sell it to someone as a whole since it is the collecters edition. If not its gonna turn to parts!
Quote:
Here is a current pic of it. I suppose if you tied a rope to it and pulled you could get it going down a trail. It is very much a project Jeep.

I wouldn't say it is any one thing that is deciding this whole CJ thing. It is part losing interest in such a massive project. Also, like everything money is a concern. It isn't going to be cheap to get this back on the road. It is just to overwhelming for me. If I would have seen the frame damage when looking at it I wouldn't have bought it.

I doubt it'll sell for $3,500 as is but I want to try. You never know. I'd rather see this ultra rare Jeep stay together than go to the part out list. Plus it would be way easier on me to have someone come pick everything up.

Gonna buy another Jeep. I've already started scouring craigslist. It probably won't be a TJ.

I've been busy the last 2 weeks because my brother is jobless and now living here.... To hot to even think about a run. Whats up with this heat anyway? My electric bill is gonna be through the roof next month! The economy hasn't affected me yet (aside from my live in family member). I'm pretty cool with everyone here so it cannot be all of the above.
KraZeDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #15814
CaribouLouWJ
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazedav View Post
I back tracked and found these just for you.
Interesting......Did you get 3500 for the CJ??
2002 WJ Limited
Unread 09-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #15815
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
The Off-Road Expo comes around every year at the fairgrounds in Pomona. I went three years ago and they had awesome deals and a ton of vendors, two years ago it was half the size and noty many deals, didn't even bother last year.

This year? Who knows? Might be worth the trip if you're looking for something as major as a lift, etc. But it's also $20 just to get in. One would think that with the economy in recovery "cough" that the vndors will be out in force and pushing deals.

I'm not very seriously thinking about going but if you or someone else wanted to make a day of it I might be up for that.

Let's play with the MiFi, that should be fun, my own little wireless hot spot, now if we could only get someone to build us a repeater...
I checked their website (your link doesn't work by the way... ) and they have a vendor list that looks pretty decent. Well, what I am looking for anyway. Rubicon Express, Bilstein and Advanced Adapters are all on there. The tickets are only $10 if you buy them online too. I'm gonna stew on it tonight before buying a ticket. I would imagine there are gonna be some good buys at this thing.
Unread 09-24-2009, 09:11 PM   #15816
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
It was a combination of things. Lack of interest and feeling overwhelmed (cost and time) where the two biggest reasons. It would have been a killer Jeep but taken years and cost way to much.

Quote:
Interesting......Did you get 3500 for the CJ??
I ended up parting it out completely. I made just a bit over $4,000 from the parts. Then I went out and bought myself a grocery getter!
Unread 09-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #15817
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I checked their website (your link doesn't work by the way... ) and they have a vendor list that looks pretty decent. Well, what I am looking for anyway. Rubicon Express, Bilstein and Advanced Adapters are all on there. The tickets are only $10 if you buy them online too. I'm gonna stew on it tonight before buying a ticket. I would imagine there are gonna be some good buys at this thing.
I'm definately going. The show is really big, but the same show they hold at the same place in April sucks. It's really small.
And yes, there are bargains to be had.
There was a vendor there blowing out SYE kits, had them sitting on the table. I went to find my son in another booth, and when I returned there was a crowd and they were all gone.
Last year I ordered my four sets of five point harnesses, had them customized to my liking, and they were shipped to my door two days later for $300 including tax and shipping. They would have been $430 if I bought them on line the way I wanted them.
I've gotten some smoking deals at the show. The vendors are ready to deal a reasonable discount. Bring your wallet. Empty your savings. Swipe your kids' piggy banks. It's like a kid in a candy store there.
I'm not sure which day I'm going.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #15818
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here's a thread about the show......

Off Road Show Pomona
RJC#512
Unread 09-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #15819
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Then I went out and bought myself a grocery getter!
hey! woah woah woah! easy with that grocery getter stuff! i prefer domestic household product transport vehicle thank you.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #15820
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I'm not sure which day I'm going.
I'll most likely be there on Saturday. I've had $3,000 burning a hole in my pocket since I bought this thing. I keep wanting to wait for the better deal to come along. I'm thinking this show is gonna be it. I hope....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
hey! woah woah woah! easy with that grocery getter stuff! i prefer domestic household product transport vehicle thank you.
Thats a new term! Did you see the pic that Sebastian posted about a month ago? Pretty sweet XJ mod.
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:18 PM   #15821
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian22 View Post
Nice, should be able to handle lots of abuse...

Congratulations!
This one!
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #15822
CaribouLouWJ
2007 WK 

i saw that one coming lol
2002 WJ Limited
Unread 09-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #15823
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hahaha, i forgot about that. So how's that XJ coming along Jason, any grocery store carnage yet?

It's been a while since anyone planned a trip, anyone have any suggestions once the heat goes away.
Unread 09-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #15824
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian22 View Post
Hahaha, i forgot about that. So how's that XJ coming along Jason, any grocery store carnage yet?

It's been a while since anyone planned a trip, anyone have any suggestions once the heat goes away.
ODF in a few weeks, see Jerry's post a page or two back.
mallcrawl.jpg  
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here

Last edited by jbolty; 09-25-2009 at 10:30 AM..
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #15825
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Jason, what are you doing for a roll cage in your Jeep?
RJC#512

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.