San Diego Area - Page 1052 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #15766
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
On another note:

I might be interested in lining the beast...depending on the product used I guess and the deal we get. Definitely not interested in Herc...
If it where me, I wouldn't do any kind of interior liner again. It was difficult to clean, made the Jeep louder, transmitted heat through the firewall/floor easier and I was generally dissatisfied with it as a whole. I don't think it would be any different with any other brand of liner either. If we lived in a place that involved wheeling in mud, water or anything like that on a regular basis that would be different. Generally speaking, the worst we get is dust that can be readily cleaned from carpet.

Unread 09-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #15767
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Huh? I thought the point of it was to dampen sound, reduce heat, be easier to clean, prevent some rust....but you are essentially saying it does the opposite (on a couple of those points)?
San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #15768
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Look...another one....same price...seeing a scammer pattern here...this time it is a 4 door Rubi 2008...lol.

San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #15769
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Huh? I thought the point of it was to dampen sound, reduce heat, be easier to clean, prevent some rust....but you are essentially saying it does the opposite (on a couple of those points)?
Rust is really a non-issue with us out here so I wouldn't consider it a huge benefit to us. If you were to line the interior and then put the carpet pad and carpet back down you would achieve the rust protection and keep the sound dampening that the carpet and pad provide.

Like I said, if I could do it all over again I wouldn't do it to another Wrangler of mine.

Quote:
Look...another one....same price...seeing a scammer pattern here...this time it is a 4 door Rubi 2008...lol.
You'll notice you never see license plates on all scams. Usually the surrounding property looks very different to anything local as well.
Unread 09-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #15770
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Rust is really a non-issue with us out here so I wouldn't consider it a huge benefit to us. If you were to line the interior and then put the carpet pad and carpet back down you would achieve the rust protection and keep the sound dampening that the carpet and pad provide.

Like I said, if I could do it all over again I wouldn't do it to another Wrangler of mine.
It does seem like a lot adoo about nothing.
Maybe if you're going for that quick hose it out interior it's worth it.
I have carpet and I like it. Not sure if there would be any benefit to lining it other than leak proofing it.
Somebody throw the pro's in here.
Richie has been holding off on a lot of work using the tub liner as an excuse.
He keeps trying to tell me I need to do it too.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 02:35 AM   #15771
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

jeff- i think you should leave the fenders off...it looks way better! just my 2C!
Unread 09-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #15772
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
It does seem like a lot adoo about nothing.
Maybe if you're going for that quick hose it out interior it's worth it.
I have carpet and I like it. Not sure if there would be any benefit to lining it other than leak proofing it.
Somebody throw the pro's in here.
Richie has been holding off on a lot of work using the tub liner as an excuse.
He keeps trying to tell me I need to do it too.
My POS was originally from the east coast so there was some rust. The frame was good but there were holes on the floor and the rockers and the seat belt mounts were rotted. So, I have a bunch of welded in patches and a bunch of surface rust to cover. Plus the seam sealer is all gone from the corners and it is a huge sand collector. That is my motivation. If I had a clean smooth floor I would probably leave it alone too.

To each his own. That's why they make single malt and blended scotch.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #15773
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Blended Scotch....
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #15774
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

looked all over SD for a rear diff cover gasket...nothing. so i cleaned off the diff adn cover and put on some of the red silicone. hopefully my attempt lasts longer then the factories attempt! weeeee.... god i HATE the smell of gear oil. it honestly makes me nausious for some reason!

mmm.....scotch!

oh yea, i swam out to the kelp beds in front of santa cruz in OB on sunday. man, it was REALLY weird bein that far out....WITHOUT A BOAT! LOL its a trip tho, water is hella choppy on the swim out there then you hit the beds and its smooth and crystal! tide shot me down a few blocks and turned my swim into a 1+ mile swim! LOL highlight was when a small plane passed then turned around and did a circle or 2 around me. haha
Unread 09-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #15775
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

This is my current favorite.

Unread 09-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #15776
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
looked all over SD for a rear diff cover gasket...nothing. so i cleaned off the diff adn cover and put on some of the red silicone. hopefully my attempt lasts longer then the factories attempt! weeeee.... god i HATE the smell of gear oil. it honestly makes me nausious for some reason!
you need this

Lubelocker LLR-D044 - LubeLocker "Reusable" Differential Gasket for Dana 44 Axle - Quadratec
Unread 09-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #15777
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

yea, i was looking at those online...but i'm heading for OR come thurs afternoon so i wouldnt of gotten it in time. oh well. hopefully this holds!

and i lOVE macallan..18 that is!
Unread 09-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #15778
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Guys and girls, it's time once again to come down to Ocotillo Wells SRVA in San Diego County for a lot of 4x4 fun that helps fund helpful programs for our most worthy disabled military veterans!!

My club, Geared4Fun, is the sponsor of the event and it has been a blast each and every year. A poker run, lots of 4x4 trails to drive your Jeeps on, a big Saturday night raffle with cool prizes like winches, tires, 2m ham radios, and lots of other great offroad oriented booty. Heck there is even an organized RC event for you offroad RC truck enthusiasts.

Offroading, food, vendors, friends, fun!!! Check out California Association of 4WD Clubs, Inc. :: Operation Desert Fun for all event details and to pre-register. Don't forget to buy a t-shirt, that helps our disabled vets too.

And even if you can't make it that weekend, we invite you to sign up anyway since your registration fee is for the vets and is tax deductible to boot. And with gas prices lower this year, no excuses!
There will be all levels of trails you can sign up for, from easy for your SUV to gnarly to challenge whatever ya got.

October 16-17, be there. I'll be there having fun, hope to see you all there too.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine
When you have a choice, buy American.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #15779
MooJr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

more pics

Unread 09-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #15780
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
I am gonna need a hand with the lift and SYE.

Like Jeff said, I think we just need to pick a project/Jeep for the day/weekend and hit it hard until its done. I won't be ready for at least 2 weeks. Waiting on parts. I am starting the overhaul of my brakes today though.
i wouldnt mind helping if im available on the weekend you guys pick. what kind of SYE are you getting? a full HD SYE or a hack 'n tap?

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.