San Diego Area - Page 1004 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #15046
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDavisJK View Post
Here are a few phone pictures of my new JK. It's an X super Base Model with manual transmission and no options. I did haggle to get AC installed, which should happen in a week. I could just run topless, but I'm already wishing I had AC.

Any meets coming up, or a beginner/stock outing? I'd like to get my jeep dirty but I'm not adventurous enough to go out on my own.
I'm always up for a good run. However, most of the guys I wheel with are on 33's or 35's and looking for a challenge. I'm sure we can put something together though. Carveacre would probably be doable in your rig.

Unread 08-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #15047
sene
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the new Jeep, and haggling to get the AC installed. I have a stock tj, stock down to the tires but would love to get it muddy. Let me know if you guys do a stock Jeep friendly run, I'd definitely be interested in coming. Are you getting a dealer installed AC put in? I was looking at the after market kits but the installation is beyond me, maybe a wrenching party and some beer can make my daily commute a lot more pleasant.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #15048
CDavisJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Yeah. Dealer installed. Just sourcing the parts is a problem. Apparently its a $3000 job. And apparently jeeps are marked up in socal. So i paid a little markup but i got a work ticket for the AC for the factory $900. It should be installed in a week or two. Id like to get tires, but i think my first mod will be the Tuffy console/armrest as I have the mini console riight now.

Its nice to have so many local jeepers around.
CDavisJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:45 AM   #15049
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDavisJK View Post
yeah, I was having problems with the pic. But it looks like they are in your quote.
In order to post pics you need to have a post count above 50 or be a supporting member.
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:08 AM   #15050
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazedav View Post
Then you might think this is funny
Youtube.com link

White people aint gonna take No more
That's some good stuff right there!
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:08 AM   #15051
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone feel like wheelin' this weekend? Thinking of heading to Big Bear again.
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #15052
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Came across these if anyone's interested. Mine have been bulletproof so far.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pts/1301732618.html
Unread 08-04-2009, 04:13 AM   #15053
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I had a great weekend. Went to the Mammoth Beer and Blues Festival; will be back for that next year.
My kids were in Mamouth on Friday and Saturday, and Yosemite on Sunday. Coinkidink?

SO........

Nate just left at !:30am, with a tow bar hooked to his Jeep.
We got the transmission out and back in, but then it wouldn't start. No spark to the plugs. Checked all the fuses, coil is getting power, but still no spark.
We are spent. Two days of removing and re-installing transmissions takes it's toll.
If somebody could help Nate out with his electrical problem, that would be great. He has it back down in SD now, and a tow bar attached to be able to bring it to you.

Oh... and BTW; Where it say's on the clutch disc, "This side toward flywheel", they mean it. That's what was wrong with the clutch last night.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #15054
StvDiego

Well that bites, I know all about the tranny olympics, mine was three times in and out, and it needs to come out again. I may burn it first.

Nate, check the CPS (Crankshaft Position Sensor), top of the bellhousing, driver's side. it
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #15055
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
Jason [jeebs] this looks like an interesting vehicle (truck) for ya.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/1302076204.html
An e-mail response to my inquiry

Hi

I want to tell you that the Ford F250 is still for sale. Runs very good , no accident, rust or anything like that, maintenance preformed every 5k miles. The interior is leather and very clean (non-smoking).
The PRICE is $4400 and i wont negotiate it, I want to sell this truck very fast because I don't have money to pay my employees, this financial crisis ended my business.
I also have to mention that the truck is located in Terrre Haute, Indiana but the truck is ready to be shipped anytime and it wont cost you anything because i have a good friend who works for DAS and he will manage me a low cost shipping.
The shipping wont take longer than 3 days.

The year is 2004, 62,129 miles, 4x4 6.0L v8 diesel, automatic transmission. The Clear title it will be shipped along with the truck.

I want to deal With a SERIOUS buyer .I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the truck, to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions. This way I shall be assured of the serious intentions, so let me to know if you are still interested.
Please reply!

Thanks
Susanne Baldwin
KraZeDav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2009, 10:01 AM   #15056
MooJr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Well that bites, I know all about the tranny olympics, mine was three times in and out, and it needs to come out again. I may burn it first.

Nate, check the CPS (Crankshaft Position Sensor), top of the bellhousing, driver's side. it
I googled it and know exactly what it is. My buddy took it off by accident last night. We bolted it back on but might not be on right.
Unread 08-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #15057
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooJr View Post
I googled it and know exactly what it is. My buddy took it off by accident last night. We bolted it back on but might not be on right.
There is really only one way for it to go, and make sure the wire is connected and not against the exhust. It reads the teeth on the flywheel to manage the ignition.

Call me later if you still need help tonight.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #15058
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Nate just left at !:30am, with a tow bar hooked to his Jeep.
This is why I won't do a clutch again. Way to many issues with the ones we've done here.

I agree with Steve. Check the CPS. Those things are sensative. Some are even shimmed to get them to read the notches on the flywheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazedav View Post
An e-mail response to my inquiry
Scam baiting is fun. Send an email back in equally stupid english saying how happy you are that its still available.
Unread 08-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #15059
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
This is why I won't do a clutch again. Way to many issues with the ones we've done here.

I agree with Steve. Check the CPS. Those things are sensative. Some are even shimmed to get them to read the notches on the flywheel.

Scam baiting is fun. Send an email back in equally stupid english saying how happy you are that its still available.
Auto trans for me. No clutches to mess with.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #15060
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Auto trans for me. No clutches to mess with.
Yeah, I'm done with a manual altogether as well. They are a royal pain off road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.