San Diego Area - Page 1003 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 08-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #15031
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Or anybody that might be up in this area.
We gotta' drop the trans again and look at the throwout bearing. We will definately need help if anybody can, tomorrow afternoon.

Mine is nearly done. I just need to put my shifters back in and bleed the new slave.
I'm going to Menifee Saturday night. Is there anything I can do then?
Happy Trails,
Moose

sdmoose429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #15032
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooJr View Post
"Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty.[2] This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions"
ooooh, i know! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Any reason why they won't do it?
they said because its been lifted and off roaded. thats such B.S.. looks like i'm going ot have to go over there tomorrow instead...damn i hate busy mondays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDavisJK View Post
Well, I always wanted a CJ, but right now I need something reliable. So, I picked up a 2009 X 2dr yesterday. It's the complete base model, so it's got the tiny tires. But I could easily change that. I'm just happy to have a Jeep in San Diego. I was missing out on the party before. I was looking for a black exterior with a manual transmission and this was the only one local. I'm used to driving lowered cars, so this is a big change for me.
welcome to JK world (see: money pit LOL). keep an eye on your throw out bearing, exhaust manifold torque (tighten teh studs on every oil change, trust me!), electric fan and steering stabilizer. oh yea, the diffs are known to leak (not just mine, its pretty common i guess). thats just a few of many things they do. but i love mine! haha and i feel ya on the lwoered car thing, i went from a slammed down and modified S chassis nissan to a lifted JK. world-o-difference! LOL

Quote:
I hate Obama....
no kidding, yet another HUGE F-IN WASTE of out tax dollars. yea, spend money to get out of a deficit. bloody brilliant. so glad im not one of the many people that voted for that clown.
Unread 08-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #15033
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post

they said because its been lifted and off roaded. thats such B.S.. looks like i'm going ot have to go over there tomorrow instead...damn i hate busy mondays!
used it for it's intended purpose, how dare you?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #15034
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
They need to prove 100% that the lift was not installed properly and that is what caused the leaks. If not, they have to do the work.
Unread 08-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #15035
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
that sucks. I might be up there, but not until sunday at the soonest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
I'm going to Menifee Saturday night. Is there anything I can do then?
Happy Trails,
Moose
Thanks, but that won't work out.
The Jeep is Nate's daily driver, so we gotta' fix it right away.
I drove him home last night, but he's coming back up when he gat's off work today.

We have no idea what happened, but something is grinding every time you step on the clutch. Like a scraping sound, and it won't go into gear. I suspect one side of the fork that moves the throwout bearing has come off and is hitting the disc sideways.
No matter what it is, the tranny is coming back out. Taking the tranny out and putting it back in really isn't that bad. It's all the stuff you have to disconnect and remove to get to it.
I'm going out to the garage right now to finish mine and get started on his before he gets here.
If anybody wants to help, there's a big thanks and beer in it for ya'....
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #15036
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

i know guys. I'm going to have a one on one with the DM there and make it very clear to him to either do the work or i'll be seeing him in court.
Unread 08-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #15037
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I had a great weekend. Went to the Mammoth Beer and Blues Festival; will be back for that next year.
http://www.mammothbluesbrewsfest.com/

Then, took a detour home through Yosemite.

Microbrew Tents

A warning

Music

Yesterday Morning

Yosemite Falls
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #15038
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

god i miss living in the mountains sometimes

looks like you had fun jeff!!
Unread 08-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #15039
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
This looks like a full blown hippie rock fest!
Unread 08-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #15040
SpydermanTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooJr View Post
well just got home, ran into a problem with the clutch and had to leave the jeep at Riks. Anyone available to give us a hand tomorrow afternoon? i can give a ride to anyone that wants to help as its pretty far from san diego. The only thing is i might need someone to drive my jeep so i can drive my wifes car back home. let me know asap. thanks so much in advance
That sucks!! All our hard work for nothing huh?? I might be able to swing by a little later this eve. I'll let Rik know...
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #15041
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I hate Obama....
Then you might think this is funny
Youtube.com link

White people aint gonna take No more
KraZeDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #15042
CDavisJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Here are a few phone pictures of my new JK. It's an X super Base Model with manual transmission and no options. I did haggle to get AC installed, which should happen in a week. I could just run topless, but I'm already wishing I had AC.

Any meets coming up, or a beginner/stock outing? I'd like to get my jeep dirty but I'm not adventurous enough to go out on my own.

Last edited by CDavisJK; 08-03-2009 at 06:58 PM..
CDavisJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #15043
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'd like to help Moo get his DD back on the road but the wifes got me on a short leash right now. If He doesn't get it fixed I have a F250 truck he can borrow. It has a 460 in it and gets about 7 mpg. It's just sitting up in Crest (El Cajon). I should trade it in for a new car but I don't need a new car.
Unread 08-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #15044
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDavisJK View Post
Here are a few phone pictures of my new JK. It's an X super Base Model with manual transmission and no options. I did haggle to get AC installed, which should happen in a week. I could just run topless, but I'm already wishing I had AC.

Any meets coming up, or a beginner/stock outing? I'd like to get my jeep dirty but I'm not adventurous enough to go out on my own.
Keep an eye on this thread you might find a trip or two. Desert is a liitle hot now.
Not sure why your pics only show as links. I think maybe it's because you are not a JP supporter YET.
Unread 08-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #15045
CDavisJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

yeah, I was having problems with the pic. But it looks like they are in your quote.
CDavisJK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.